Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
You pay first, then they get the iPad in the back. Open it behind the counter for you. What are you going to do jump over the counter and snatch the iPad? Security! Security!

I would say something. If they didn't tell me before I purchased it and did it after I paid......yeah I would do something. So if they took it out and just decided to throw it around would you just sit back and watch?

I don't have a problem with them opening it but to say you can't do anything is just bull.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Just bought an iPad today at the apple store and still had the choice to leave with it still shrink-wrapped if I chose. Heck, the two resellers in front of me and the one behind me all left with them still wrapped up.

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
I don't know if it's true for other stores, but at the one in Glendale,CA:

"If you buy two iPad2's, you must pay with 1 with a credit card"
"Every iPad2 will be opened in store and activated".

I bought mine a week ago and wasn't opened. (Fashion Island).

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
I want to be first to open my product. Don't punish us because of what others do. Reminds me of requiring password entry for in app purchases because SOME people have kids.

hoofbite

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2011
I believe this. However this sounds like a policy that is being implemented not at all Apple stores, but at stores where the manager might deem it necessary (meaning, they have conclusive evidence that many iPad2s bought from the store are being scalped).

iRabbit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2007
Long Island, NY
Yea... But the people that bitch about having to put the password in are also going to be the first ones to bitch when someone steals their phone and charges a ton on in-app purchases! :p

Yup... just like a lot of people bitching about stock problems now were the same ones complaining about the "credit-card only" policy last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.