NEW Apple TV Order Status

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sap12690, Mar 12, 2012.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

I purchased the NEW apple tv the day it was announced and my status for my order still hasn't changed. It currently sits at: Processing Items, while my iPad Is already "preparing for shipment". does anybody know what the hold up is? I thought it would be cool if you guys could tell me the statuses of your apple Tv order that way I won't freak out anymore :D THANKS

2. Jez27 macrumors member

Mine's still set as "Processing", but that's only because it's estimated to deliver between the 16th and 23rd March (as announced by Apple, 16th onwards?). iPad orders are only set to arrive from the 16th, too - despite some previous e-mails (at least in the UK) stating that they may arrive sooner.

So, the iPad orders may be further along than ATV (due to demand, possibly?), but they'll still likely ship/arrive around the same time.

3. rkheyfets macrumors regular

dont worry mine is still processing aswell
    i would expect that to change either late tue or early wen

4. maplesteve macrumors newbie

Same here: still "Processing Items".
    I ordered last Wednesday night. Order page says "Ships: March 16 - 19" - which is not exactly in line with what has been said during the event.
    Hope, they'll sort this out and it'll arrive on the 16th.

5. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I ordered mine the day it was announced, still processing. But it says it will deliver on the 16th via overnight shipping, so I'm not concerned. Sounds like it won't ship until the last minute.

6. GarrettL1979 macrumors 6502

Apple might be busy shipping out some other new product. Not sure what that could be ;)

7. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I have a feeling these are already sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the US and not shipping directly from China. I think we'll start to see status changes by mid-Wednesday.

8. sap12690 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your responses, I guess I'm not the only one then. My order does say it will arrive Friday, March 16th. So I'm hoping it'll arrive the same day as my iPad for a day full of fun :p

9. marcello696 macrumors regular

same here ordered with the new iPad an hour after the announcement and I'm showing still processing with overnight shipping for March 16th.

10. gibbz macrumors 68030

Ditto

11. sap12690 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, just noticed mine says "Delivers on March 16 via Next Day Shipping" what does apple use? Fed Ex or UPS?

12. darster Suspended

Fed Ex and you have to sign for it.

13. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Same here.

14. davidoloan Suspended

Mine says "Processing Items > Dispatched: 1 - 2 Weeks Delivers 20 Mar, 2012 - 27 Mar, 2012",

This is for a UK order.

Is this what UK people also have?

15. weaponofgod macrumors member

weaponofgod

ditto

16. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

I managed to get an order in as soon as the store came back up. Mine dispatches between 16th - 19th March.

17. Rogzilla macrumors regular

I'm glad I found this thread. This is my first time preordering and I noticed my iPad was ready to go with a tracking number and everything, but the Apple TV seems to be sitting in limbo.

Did everyone else order an iPad AND Apple TV? I wonder if that has something to do with it? Like, the packed them together but the iPad was the big ticket item, so to speak, so it was the one that got marked off.

I should add this is my first time preordering from Apple (so excited, this will be my second Apple TV after having a first generation one for years and my first iPad) so I don't know what's typical.

18. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

Ordered two or these and a new iPAD3 here is the story. The Ipads are already in locations (shipping centers) they will just be delivered on the 16th mines about 15 mins away sitting there waiting for scheduled delivery date.

The Apple Tv'2 will be overnighted of fed-exd out wed-Thursday like they did with the last Apple Tv2.

19. arbitrage macrumors 6502a

The ipads will ship separately from the TVs. Even people who ordered 2 ipads are having the ipads ship separately because the ipads are all individually boxed ready to ship. Apple TV when I ordered (as early as possible on Wed) only said "ships on 16th" where as the ipad said delivers 16th (well actually 16-20th because I'm in Canada). Now my ipad has shipped and my TV says "available 16-19th" so things have changed slightly since the order day.

20. Rogzilla macrumors regular

Really? Mine says "Delivers on March 16 via Next Day shipping". It's been that way since I ordered.

21. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

My Apple Tv is still at processing also. I'm not worried my iPad has already shipped it, and it started out from Ontario, CA. So if the apple tv is the same way it shouldn't have a problem getting here by the 16th.

22. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Processing here too. My iPad 3 has been "picked up" as of Thursday, but hasn't otherwise moved...:eek:

23. Jez27 macrumors member

Ordered mine on the evening of the 8th and mine says;

Code:
    Processing Items  Dispatched:  1 - 2 Weeks Delivers  16 Mar, 2012 - 23 Mar, 2012

I'd imagine they're in a warehouse somewhere and will be shipped out on the morning of the 15th ready to arrive on the 16th, regardless of what date's on the site?

Like I said earlier, the iPads will be further along the process because of the demand & sheer volume of units needing to be shipped & delivered.

24. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Mine says "processing" with an estimated delivery of MArch 21-28. I ordered Thursday.

25. iNtrigued, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

iNtrigued macrumors member

same status.....

I aslo ordered a new iPad together with a new Apple TV and a Smart cover on launch date March 7. The Smart cover arrived on the 9th. I got an email on March 11 that the iPad had shipped and is currently sitting and waiting in Nashville to be sent off.

But the Apple TV that I ordered on the same day as the rest, is still in the "processing items" status. Although it does say it WILL be delivered on March 16 via next day shipping. So, if my common sense serves me right, we should be looking at some status updates on the 15th of March for all of us who have an Apple TV that is still being processed.

We'll see what happens. I haven't seen anyone post any movement on their Apple TVs. Have you?