MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has previewed Apple Via del Corso, its newest retail location in a vibrant center of Rome, Italy. Apple says the store preserves the grand Palazzo Marignoli, paying homage to Rome's rich history of art and culture, and making it one of the company's most significant restoration projects.

Apple_Via-Del-Corso-opens-in-Rome-exterior-building_052721.jpg

Sitting next to the Piazza San Silvestro public square, the store is spaced over two floors connected by a grand staircase dating back to 1888. On the first floor, four sets of doors provide access to an exterior landscaped terrace filled with jasmine vines and olive trees inspired by Roman roof terraces that look into the courtyard.

On the upper floor, the Forum occupies the ballroom of the Marquis's palazzo, where Today at Apple sessions will take place. Next to the Forum is a dedicated space for Apple Support and the Genius Bar, where a team of conservators have restored the geometrically patterned, hand-painted ceiling.

The facade was designed by Guilio Podesti, and Apple worked with Foster + Partners to reimagine the interior, which retains the Italianate and Palazzo architecture of the frontage.

Apple_Via-Del-Corso-opens-in-Rome-interior-team-members-wide-storeview_052721.jpg

Apple Via del Corso also brings the first-ever Today at Apple Made in Rome program dedicated to providing the next generation of young Romans with inspiration, skills, and tools to explore their passions. Led by over 40 local artists, Apple curated sessions across the fields of music, art and design, content creation, and video, aimed at supporting local communities across the city in the months to come.
"We can't wait to begin a new chapter in Rome with the opening of Apple Via del Corso," said Deirdre O'Brien, Apple's senior vice president of Retail + People. "The new store represents a celebration of the unique history and art of Roman culture, and we hope to inspire creativity among the local community with our Made in Rome program and future Today at Apple sessions."
apple-via-del-corso.jpg

Via del Corso joins the 117 Apple Store locations across 12 countries in Europe. The store opens in Rome on May 27 at 10:00 a.m. local time.

Article Link: New Apple Via del Corso Retail Store in Rome, Italy Opens May 27

Ken88

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2020
Here in California we can’t even fly unless you’re fully vaccinated..btw lovely place and lovely country..love to visit one day.

Reactions: xalea

StefDeLux

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2020
Here in California we can’t even fly unless you’re fully vaccinated..btw lovely place and lovely country..love to visit one day.
Living less than 12 hours drive to Italy, I've been there like 20 times in my life and will go again. A lot.

If you travel to Europe, do not try, like I've seen so many American travelers doing, to visit a maximum number of countries. Focus on one region, not even a country and you'll be rewarded with an unforgettable experience. Suggestions that comme to mind: Anywhere in Italy (!), Spain, Portugal, Greece, South of Poland, most regions of France (I'd avoid Paris like the plague).

Sorry for being of topic.

Ken88

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2020
Living less than 12 hours drive to Italy, I've been there like 20 times in my life and will go again. A lot.

If you travel to Europe, do not try, like I've seen so many American travelers doing, to visit a maximum number of countries. Focus on one region, not even a country and you'll be rewarded with an unforgettable experience. Suggestions that comme to mind: Anywhere in Italy (!), Spain, Portugal, Greece, South of Poland, most regions of France (I'd avoid Paris like the plague).

Thank you for the advise, much appreciated it.

Reactions: Apple Core

orbital~debris

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Just look at that marble-decked and accented interior!

The article description of this location sounds amazing, and from the photos it looks like a fitting architectural restoration for the grandeur of Roma.

Edit: watch Apple’s video!

Last edited:

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2018
USA

Yes, beautiful country. Looking forward to getting back to Europe soon. Thanks for the suggestions. It would be neat to visit this new store in Rome — looks great!

Reactions: orbital~debris

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Been waiting for this store to open ever since the first renders were posted! Holy cow…

Can’t wait to visit Italy one day and also can’t wait to see when they reveal the new Downtown LA store that’s in a theater.

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011

I completely agree with this. I've been to Europe a handful of times, and while I'm sure everyone has their own take, my favorite memories are not doing the "tourist" things but just exploring the city on my own terms. Going down random side streets, or cafe's off the beaten path. My wife and I had a fantastic time doing this. We even found a Canadian hockey bar when we were in Paris!

Ken88

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2020
How hard is it to print out a Covid vaccination card?
yes, I can forge one but I am an honest person + I haven’t got any vaccine shots yet..will get it eventually. ALL my family members already received 2 shots, which made me happy. I did send an invitation to welcome ALL of them back to my house but they chose not to come😆 not yet anyway☺️

poematik13

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2014
Beautiful, even though most of rome these days is smelly, crowded, and gross. And the people are ****ing rude, worse than NYC

Ken88

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2020
I live in Rome, I'll definitely check it!
I'll share some pics if they'll allow me to take em
You should able to take pic or record the video..it’s like you’re promoting their business.why Apple stop you or anyone doing that. here where I live ( California, USA ) Apple employees RECOMMENDED we take pics or record video and post it on social media. Again different countries may have different rules or regulations. Better ask first just in case.

Reactions: newyorksole

francjl

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2020
Miami

this is facts! 100% I traveled to Europe often prior to pandemic - Italy became my go to destination every year around November to January. Fell in love with Rome! my favorite place next to my hometown (Miami) I know where this is located and I hope I can begin my yearly travels to Italy this year again. Would love to visit this place.

In regards to your suggestion - I never understood the rush of traveling country to country. I did that once only because of the people I traveled with but after that experience I decided travel under my terms. So now I do exactly this.

I go to one location and enjoy everything about it I avoid tourist spots (for one they are expensive and not authentic, 2 . I get to meet locals and learn more how life is there). Life is short but if planned you can see the world and have awesome experiences culturally.

haha and for the record not a fan of Paris at all! my wife loves it - but I did not enjoy it. Italy, Germany, U.K/ Ireland my go to yearly.

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2021
Apple stores all look identical inside. It would be nice if they reduced the bland uniformity and added more local identity.

cmaier

macrumors Core
Jul 25, 2007
California
Apple stores all look identical inside. It would be nice if they reduced the bland uniformity and added more local identity.
No they don’t. The one at the Louvre looked nothing like the one in Grand Central, which looks nothing like the one in Union Square in San Francisco, which looks nothing like the one at the Paris Opera. None of these look very much like the one at Infinity Loop, or Apple Soho. The one on University Avenue in Palo Alto looks different inside than the one at Stanford Mall a mile or two away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.