New Apple Watch- What to do with old

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Upgraded, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Upgraded macrumors regular

I am planning to get the new apple watch, however I wanted to find out what my MacRumor friends will be doing with their current apple watch? (How will you be selling it?)

2. psycho78 macrumors newbie

I'm hoping to buy my first Apple Watch second hand. Never thought I'd use it enough to warrant a new purchase but now second hand prices should be low enough to pick one up :)

3. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

wondering what to do with mine also.. will apple offer some type of recycle program for the watch like they do for the iPhone?

4. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I doubt it... if they were going to, I would think they would have talked about it today

5. MaulRx Suspended

If I do updated to Series 2, and that's a big if, the old watch will be the first previous gen apple product I plan on keeping and using; it's still a great timepiece

6. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i need to get rid of one of mine... I don't need 3 watches..... especially with 2 of them being gen 1....

7. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

i actually have a family member who might be interested in my apple watch

any ideas where to find out how much it is worth? they aren't getting it for free.

8. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

there is a website that pays 160ish for them. just good "sell my apple watch online"

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

That sounds about right... I was thinking just off the top of my head without looking anything up.. when they mentioned the new price of the Series 1 that the originals (without dual core processor) would have to be at least $150 or lower....

10. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Hang on to that Apple Watch Series 1, it might be worth an Apple I when your kid is as old as you are currently.

11. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Only for smartwatches does this sentiment make any sense.

Collectors of regular watches are [almost] always getting more watches. ;-)

12. caligurl, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016

caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

haha! exactly! hubby has a TON of watches and always wants more!

13. DocMultimedia macrumors 6502

DocMultimedia

I'll try to sell mine to someone in my office or a friend. I hate trying to deal with selling on eBay or any other online stuff. Much easier to just hand it to someone at my desk. #lazy

14. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I've never done the ebay/swappa thing either... we have a local site (kinda like craigs list but it's not) and I've used that for phones in the past... that way you meet the person in person and get CASH... no worrying about a charge back from ebay, etc.....

15. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Don't want to give mine away, so I may have to hold onto it.

I had purchased my SS Milanese loop for $200 off, but doubt I can get the $425 I paid.

16. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

17. moxxham macrumors 6502

moxxham

I'm just giving mine to my boyfriend. Don't imagine you'd get much money for a used one haha.

I wish you could buy just the watch without the band. I'm going from the sport to the series 2 Stainless with a sport band, and I already own most of the sport bands. I don't really want to have to buy it with another sport band...I'd rather just have a slight reduction on the price for just the watch.

18. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

Give it to you kids or a poor neighbor :)

19. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

Well I no longer have a boyfriend to give mine to so I'm keeping it for myself :cool: lol. Had the stainless steel series 1 so going to save that for more dressy occasions, and get the Nike+ model for my everyday wear and reuse some of my old bands.

But I agree, Apple should really have the option to unbundle the watch from the straps/bands.

20. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

21. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

My husband would be upset if I gave my watch to my boyfriend :p
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    actually.... I do/did. I wanted to take advantage of the sleep apps. My watches do not hold a charge for more than part of a day. (Before I had the second watch, I barely made it to bedtime before it died and several times it did die. I absolutely had to put it on the charger after my workout in the morning before going to work or I would barely make it home from work before it died!)

Once I got a second watch, I get to wear one 24/7, except when in the shower. One is on my wrist, the other charging.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    And totally agree: wish apple would just sell the watch with no band or allow you to pick whichever band you want. If I do buy a new one... I already have the royal nylon band and I already have both soft pink sport bands... I don't need another of either.