NEW Apple wired mice... where are you?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zoran, Mar 15, 2017.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Im sick n tired of the Mighty Mouse scroll ball "getting dirty" issue! I love the Mighty mouse though, thats why im still using it, on the other hand i DO not want any more wireless beams in my house, there is enough all ready!
    APPLE what are you gonna do with producing new wired magic mice? Or even perhaps new wired mice at all!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Not gonna happen...and I'd bet if you got a bluetooth mouse it wouldn't be the last thing you add to your house that radiates some sort of signal.

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

I dont get your explanation!

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

A wired mouse is also emitting radiation, albeit not as much as a wireless one.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I don't expect to see Apple selling any new wired mouse and if adding one more device that emits a wireless signal to your house is holding you back you are setting a standard which will be hard to follow.

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

How can that be? Explain yourself!

7. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Get a 3rd-party mouse and be done with it.
    I'd suggest the Logitech lineup...

8. ZapNZs macrumors 68000

ZapNZs

I think Apple will release a touchscreen MacBook Pro before they release another wired mouse...they are hardcore about wireless.

I'm currently using the Corsair Harpoon. I got it for like $15 on Amazon. It's one of the nicest mice I've used for under $100.

9. DeltaMac, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017

DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You seem to know very little about radiation.
    A wired mouse has an LED, which radiates its light energy (wirelessly!) towards any surface that you use. That's how it works.
    Some mouses may use infrared lasers (still wireless energy, but without visible beam), which is not something that you would want to point toward your eyes.

10. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Infrared Lasers? Which mice have that technology, not sure i have seen an invisible beam on a mouse!

11. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

12. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Every electronic device in the world emits some electromagnetic radiation when powered. That includes the wiring in your walls.

13. stankovic.marko macrumors newbie

Yes, i agree about that. However i understand worries of him. We must work on technology that is not affecting peoples health. It is very nice when u see desk without wires but true question is ,,Does it affect peoples health?'' , not is this desk pretty or not.
    Edit: My point is if everything is emitting radiation should we bring more devices that will affect us. And ofc everything is emitting radiation but the real problem is how much radiation is emitted.

14. MrX8503 macrumors 68020

While I love Logitech mice, the double click drives me insane. It's been 5-6 years now and Logitech still hasn't come up with a better solution to solve this.

It's either Apple mice or Logitech with double click

15. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

What about the double click? I don't get it!

16. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

Are you allergic to the radiation emitting from the devices?

17. BorderingOn macrumors 6502

Whether you have an iMac or just an LCD monitor, it's belting out electromagnetic radiation. Much more than a wired or wireless mouse.

18. MrX8503 macrumors 68020

Over time the left click becomes worn and every time you click, it registers as two clicks.

It's maddening.

19. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Sorry about your bad luck. I have two Logitech mouses. One I have had for about 12 years old, I think, and is my primary mouse, an MX310. No accidental double-clicks on either one, in daily use.
    Often, this issue can be corrected with a small change to your Mouse pref pane. (I choose NOT to ever install the Logitech software). Adjust "Double-Click speed" to about 2/3 fast.

Of course, if it is a faulty button, replace the mouse. Get some other brand. Nothing particularly special about Logitech mouses, after all. I have a couple of Microsoft, and maybe 3 different Dell mouses that I have found over time on yard sales, etc.

20. MrX8503, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017

MrX8503 macrumors 68020

Google Logitech double click issue. It's very common.

I would get another brand but I love the VX Nano and Anywhere MX. I had to tear it apart to fix it.

21. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Mouses are (relatively) cheap-p-p devices (see what I did there?)
    I will admit that my experience with Logitech mouses is not 100% good.
    The double-click issue doesn't affect every model (nor every LT mouse)
    I had one that had a sticking right-click that I gave up on, and trashed.

I did have one that was inadvertently double-clicking, and fixed that mouse with the double-click speed setting change. That's the reason I suggested that you try it. I DON'T suggest that will fix a mouse with a hardware problem.
    I DO suggest removing any Logitech software, if you use it, which is a fix that also works for some. In about 15 years that I have used Logitech mouses, the software has never been good, just acceptable (usually :D )

But, why the need to make this work? Move on to another brand.

22. toke lahti macrumors 68000

Is Magic mouse the only one with 360 degree scrolling?

23. DeltaMac, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017

DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

No, even Apple has another.
    The older Mighty Mouse (since 2009, called "Apple Mouse", still selling at Apple) has a scroll ball. I would call that 360 degree scrolling. (Some would say that's not an example of a good mouse, but Apple still offers it.)
    There's other mouses with scroll wheels that can scroll to either side, and should fit your question.
    And, trackballs have been sold for years.
    Trackpads are also multi-directional, as part of that technology.

24. toke lahti macrumors 68000

Mighty was nice, before the scroll ball gets dirty. Same problem than with ancient mouses with ball underneath. Except you can't clean scroll ball at all. Go buy another one, says Apple. Throwawayism at its perfection, that's Apple!
    I don't like the idea of two wheels, but maybe I could get used to it.
    Anyway, still looking for a mouse with one-piece 360-degree scroll...
    If there's a trackball with mouse installed under it, that's okay, but essentially what scroll ball / surface is, is two moving devices ot top of each other. Traditional track ball is just one.

25. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Hmmm...
    I often clean the scroll ball on a mighty mouse. Apple has cleaning info in the Apple Mouse user guide:
    I take a damp paper towel (not wet), and use that for a surface to roll the mouse upside down. It cleans the ball pretty good. Just takes a few tries to make sure you have it as clean as you can.
    Is it perfect? No, the cleaning doesn't always help, but most times, a little patience takes you from a mouse that won't scroll, to one that you can use.