Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
the camera looks to be in a different location on the new ipad, will you redo the cases for that? Are your comments about the new ipad fitting the old case more to reassure existing customers that they might not need to replace their cases?

btw, trying to check out on your site but I'm in the UK and it wants to force me to choose a state. Do I just pick one and it'll be ignored (I chose UK as country) or is there something else I need to do?

edit: seems it only wanted me to put a state in so I could access paypal.com which is odd. After coming back from paying, I selected a blank state and it went through ok

Last edited:

MarooBeau

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2011
the camera looks to be in a different location on the new ipad, will you redo the cases for that? Are your comments about the new ipad fitting the old case more to reassure existing customers that they might not need to replace their cases?

btw, trying to check out on your site but I'm in the UK and it wants to force me to choose a state. Do I just pick one and it'll be ignored (I chose UK as country) or is there something else I need to do?

edit: seems it only wanted me to put a state in so I could access paypal.com which is odd. After coming back from paying, I selected a blank state and it went through ok

Any orders going out now have no issue with the camera or magnets. Only a select few models had camera issues because they were using our old chassis system. On the site, those models are no longer able to be purchased for a new iPad.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
My Maroo turned up this weekend and I just wanted to post to say I love it! the red leather is soft and matches my sofa almost perfectly (I realise this is quite a specific reason..). The clips around the bezel are small and discreet which I appreciate - don't want the lovely bezel covered by giant flaps. They're also fairly soft so should keep the bezel unmarked.

Also the sleep/wake works just fine so no need to return it, even though Maroo did the decent thing and offered a replacement.

I'd definitely recommend them even at full price. Its such a headache finding a good case with the right combination of features. At least now if I buy another ipad in the future I know where I'm going for the case :)

bluesy

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
My Maroo turned up this weekend and I just wanted to post to say I love it! the red leather is soft and matches my sofa almost perfectly (I realise this is quite a specific reason..). The clips around the bezel are small and discreet which I appreciate - don't want the lovely bezel covered by giant flaps. They're also fairly soft so should keep the bezel unmarked.

Also the sleep/wake works just fine so no need to return it, even though Maroo did the decent thing and offered a replacement.

I'd definitely recommend them even at full price. Its such a headache finding a good case with the right combination of features. At least now if I buy another ipad in the future I know where I'm going for the case :)

Awesome news, a local store here in Denmark just got the black and the red leather version in stock and i have been wanting the black one :)

I wrote Maroo to ask how to see if its one that will work on the new iPad, is there a sticker on it or is there some other way to see it?

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Awesome news, a local store here in Denmark just got the black and the red leather version in stock and i have been wanting the black one :)

I wrote Maroo to ask how to see if its one that will work on the new iPad, is there a sticker on it or is there some other way to see it?

mine just had 'ipad 3/2' on a sticker in the top corner. They haven't changed anything. I think now they've adjusted the magnets to make sure they work on the ipad 3 - before it was a crapshoot

volntitan

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
I'm having issues with magnet as well, when will they replace? I filled in the form that they sent out.

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
Does anyone have the Matau ii? I like the design, but does it look a bit pinkish?

Hi StickerBox, I have the Tatau II (I think that's the design you're talking about?)

The stitching on it is red but everything else is beige and green tones. It's a wonderful case and I like it very much - I highly recommend.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Got the new case today...thanks? What do I do with the old one? There wasnt any return info provided

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Got mine today too - thanks for taking care of that Beau.

The magnet now works perfectly and my wife loves the original one with her iPad 2.

aCuria

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2011
The Moko II is made from Split Leather. Split leather is leather created from the fibrous part of the hide left once the top-grain of the rawhide has been separated from the hide. The Manunga is made from the top-grain of the rawhide. A much more appealing look and feel. We will be shipping the Manunga case on 11/29. Thanks for the inquiry.

CyberSteve
w/ Maroo

What material do you use for the threading? Polyester?

MarooBeau

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2011
When will you have more cases ready for the iPad 3 that can be shipped to the UK?

Thanks
Jordan

All the cases (except for a few Seth Aaron designs) work with the new iPad. And we ship to the UK. So, to answer your question: Right now. :)

jordanogrady

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
Thanks.

I'm debating this case or the STM skinny at the moment, but no one in the UK has stock of either right now. Do you have and discount codes that are likely to pop up again over the next day or two?

Cheeky I know :)

MarooBeau

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2011
Thanks.

I'm debating this case or the STM skinny at the moment, but no one in the UK has stock of either right now. Do you have and discount codes that are likely to pop up again over the next day or two?

Cheeky I know :)

Not at this time, no. Although we do have a steady growth of Facebook likers. If you like us on Facebook, there may be discounts we announce there. ;)

However, nothing nearly as big as our birthday sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.