Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
What an amazing deal!

Free itunes $100 giftcard (NOW) VS nothing (2 yrs ago)
:D

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Wait a sec...

Those of you who are bitching about this Mac promotion. Are you all even a student or faculty member in College?

I doubt all of you are students or even eligible for this promo...

If apple ain't doing iPod touch promotion, it could be many reasons.

1. Apple is certainly facing shortages with battery and other parts from Japan's Tsunami.

2. Apple usually offer iPod or iPod touch promo to get rid of their current stock. Based on history, they try to prepare to new ipod touch and clear the old models. This tells me that apple is not interested in getting rid of current ipods.

3. Or they are just cocky because people will buy macs no matter what.

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
iPod was never free. You paid money for it plus tax, then put in for a rebate which covers part of it. I have an iPhone anyway, so buying a iPod I don't need is a waste. I'll take the free money.

+1

I've been waiting for an update to the MBA, I'm guessing it'll come out during this promo. If it does, and the promo was a free iPod Touch that I had to pay for up front, I would've gotten no benefits. Rebate or not, I'm not going to pay out $200+ for a product I don't need or want and then wait to get my money back in the mail.

This is a much better promo that will benefit everyone who buys a mac for school.

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
2. Apple usually offer iPod or iPod touch promo to get rid of their current stock. Based on history, they try to prepare to new ipod touch and clear the old models. This tells me that apple is not interested in getting rid of current ipods.

That, actually, is exactly what went through my head once I heard this year's promotion wouldn't include "free" iPod Touch. I'm thinking it could be an indication that there will be no refresh of the iPods this coming fall. I guess Apple can potentially dedicate their Fall event to unveiling their next gen iPhone.
Anyway, I hope you'll excuse my rambling. I've no intention of hijacking this thread :D

42streetsdown

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2011
Gallifrey, 5124
Wait a sec...

Those of you who are bitching about this Mac promotion. Are you all even a student or faculty member in College?

I doubt all of you are students or even eligible for this promo...

If apple ain't doing iPod touch promotion, it could be many reasons.

1. Apple is certainly facing shortages with battery and other parts from Japan's Tsunami.

3. Or they are just cocky because people will buy macs no matter what.

4. Using this to promote their new Mac App Store in order to strengthen their Mac ecosystem.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
That, actually, is exactly what went through my head once I heard this year's promotion wouldn't include "free" iPod Touch. I'm thinking it could be an indication that there will be no refresh of the iPods this coming fall. I guess Apple can potentially dedicate their Fall event to unveiling their next gen iPhone.
Anyway, I hope you'll excuse my rambling. I've no intention of hijacking this thread :D

It's also possible that they've sold more iPods than usual and don't have a need to clear inventory.

Surfing@Blacks

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
lmao at losers complaining about this.... fak i rather have this... final cut pro x just got 100 bucks cheaper without me wasting time selling a ipod to a market flooded with them, and might be LUCKY to get 150 for it.

and no rebate......

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's also possible that they've sold more iPods than usual and don't have a need to clear inventory.

Possibly. Although, if my memory serves me correctly, before the 4th gen Touch, Apple always had a cheaper 8gb model of the previous generation and those are the ones they used in the "back to school" sale. Since the 4th gen Touch, Apple totally ditched all previous gen models and just updated all (8gb, 32gb and 64gb) models.

BlaqkAudio

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2008
New York
Possibly. Although, if my memory serves me correctly, before the 4th gen Touch, Apple always had a cheaper 8gb model of the previous generation and those are the ones they used in the "back to school" sale. Since the 4th gen Touch, Apple totally ditched all previous gen models and just updated all (8gb, 32gb and 64gb) models.
Not true. Only the 8 GB "3rd gen" pulled this stunt. Since the 2nd gen and 3rd gen looked the same, the 8 GB "3rd gen" was actually an 8 GB 2nd gen.

s.hasan546

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
NY
we're not bitching. We're just disappointed in apple's greedy choice. But thats ok. This decided it for me. Im getting the Samsung series 9 over the current Macbook Air 13". Cheaper + Free Xbox 360.

HikariYuki

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
we're not bitching. We're just disappointed in apple's greedy choice. But thats ok. This decided it for me. Im getting the Samsung series 9 over the current Macbook Air 13". Cheaper + Free Xbox 360.

Ok have fun with your Xbox.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none

Some of you kids are greedy and ungrateful little bastards. Do you also complain on forums when your parents didn't buy you the exact gift you wanted? I love the culture of entitlement that has been instilled in our youth.

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
Before you still had to buy the iPod and wait for a rebate check, for $199, the $100 gift card is up front, and you can use on ITMS & MAS, why not fill up your mac with media and software.

If you ask me this is a pretty good deal, along with your discounted Mac:rolleyes:

DWBurke811

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2011
Boca Raton, FL

their greedy choice to not only give you a discount, but give you a $100 gift card on top. yeah, that really sucks...:rolleyes:

PackFan

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2009
Twin Cities, MN

Hopefully the XBox will help distract you from the inferior computer you bought... ;)

oButto

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2011
Some of you kids are greedy and ungrateful little bastards. Do you also complain on forums when your parents didn't buy you the exact gift you wanted? I love the culture of entitlement that has been instilled in our youth.

I love how some people think that age makes you "smarter" than others. Sorry but your incorrect. Your statement is filled with so much ignorance that it's pathetic. He wants to buy a 9 series. I respect his decision. I don't understand why him buying a 9 series makes him an ungrateful little bastard. Normally, a human being will go towards a better deal. Why blame him? He weighed his Pros/Cons and it seems that the 9 Series won after the new B2S promotion. I almost bought that laptop as well if it wasn't for Microcenter's sales.

Also you just contradicted yourself with your latest post. Think before making dumbass posts.

@PackMan
The 9 Series is actually the superior laptop in terms of specs as of now.

ThirtyThr33

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2011
Boulder, Colorado
It was nice of them to offer such a gift in the first place although it's kinda cheesey. They're giving you money that you will have to spend of them. It's like giving your wife a giftcard to your favorite restaurant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.