Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jo.Lo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
Germany
Hi there,
since the current fall color assortment isn't really offering many colors for Apple Watch bands, I browse ebay alot for all the colorful options from the past. Third-party products are not my favorite choice.

Of course no one can predict what to expect when the band colors get updated. But since I got my first AW in September I wonder if and how big there will be an update of the offered color options. AW colors haven't been of my concern before this year.

Maybe some of you can share the experiences from last years fall / spring update - is it worth waiting for new (old) colors or will the past year's variants never come back?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hi there,
since the current fall color assortment isn't really offering many colors for Apple Watch bands, I browse ebay alot for all the colorful options from the past. Third-party products are not my favorite choice.

Of course no one can predict what to expect when the band colors get updated. But since I got my first AW in September I wonder if and how big there will be an update of the offered color options. AW colors haven't been of my concern before this year.

Maybe some of you can share the experiences from last years fall / spring update - is it worth waiting for new (old) colors or will the past year's variants never come back?

It's hard to say exactly. Because there may or may not be a spring event held around the March timeframe. Apple did not have an event until June during WWDC 2017. But they usually update the bands twice a year.

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany

jo.Lo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2017
Germany
There's usually an update twice a year, in spring and fall. We had already three updates this year with some additional colors released in summer. So yes, it would be a surprise if Apple will not update bands around March next year, but you never know. :)
Check this thread for an overview about all the bands and colors Apple released so far.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/every-apple-watch-band-apple-released-ever.2005810/

Thanks, I've also seen this overview. Sometimes I find bands on ebay where the sellers don't seem to know what color the band actually is, especially in the pink / coral / orange / red corner :D
I'm planning to look for a red/orange band from the last collections. I also want a yellow one, but these seem to be quite rare on ebay when the goal is to find a non-used product, so this is what I hope for next spring/summer collection.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
AFAIK the only colour ever that was discontinued and later made a comeback is the Fog sport band. So basically get what you like ASAP or you’ll need to hunt later on ebay etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.