Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I would never trust or recommend a battery that didn't come from Apple. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Are you sure you need a new battery?

gaps

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
thanks for the link. i do need a new battery because it is bulging and due to that the track pad and button are less responsive and don't click well. when i take the battery out they work fine. plus, it only holds a charge for an hour or so. the reason i don't want to buy apple again is because swelling is a known issue with their batteries.....

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
the reason i don't want to buy apple again is because swelling is a known issue with their batteries.....
Actually, it's relatively rare. Only a small percentage of batteries swell.

gaps

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
call it what you want...reading the reviews on apple's website and amazon just don't make me want to pay for an apple battery....

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
thanks for the link. i do need a new battery because it is bulging and due to that the track pad and button are less responsive and don't click well. when i take the battery out they work fine. plus, it only holds a charge for an hour or so. the reason i don't want to buy apple again is because swelling is a known issue with their batteries.....

1. That's a truly bright argument. This is MacRumors, so if an Apple battery has problems, you will read about it here. Doesn't mean other batteries have fewer problems, just that you don't read about it here. And good luck finding a battery for a MBP that isn't an Apple battery or a fake Apple battery.

2. Batteries shouldn't swell. They will stop holding a charge eventually, that is normal, but they should never swell. So I'd ask in an Apple Store if they do something about it.

call it what you want...reading the reviews on apple's website and amazon just don't make me want to pay for an apple battery....

Guess which customers are buying new batteries. The ones who had problems with their previous one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.