New Battery Problems Macbook Aluminum 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by patmcgroin999, Aug 10, 2013.

1. patmcgroin999 macrumors newbie

I just purchased a new 4800 mAh - Lithium Polymer (Li-Polymer) - 11.1 V DC battery for my macbook. When I installed the battery and turned my macbook on it worked however the fan is extremely loud and it does not recognize that there is a battery present. My macbook is running without any connections but the fan is still running extremely loud and my diagnosis states there is no battery. I have attached some pics to show. What can I do to fix this?

Attached Files:

2. madmacfan macrumors 6502

Sounds like you have bought a dud battery, I'd return it as DOA (Dead on arrival). It's best not to use third party batteries in my experience. The official apple replacements cost more, but are far more reliable and won't run the risk of damaging your macs logic board like some third party batteries.

3. Lord Xeb macrumors member

You got a dud battery. Return it and buy a new one.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

5. rapicell macrumors regular

Third party batteries are cheaper for a reason as it's a hit or miss with them. I recently bit the bullet and got a battery straight from apple and currently at 115 charge cycles I'm still sitting at 106% of battery capacity according to coconut battery.

Of course if you don't think investing in an apple battery is worth the money, good luck getting another battery

6. seveej macrumors 6502a

seveej

Greetings,

it certainly seems the battery's a dud. DO you still have the old one lying around? If so, put it back in, and see if the problem goes away.
    If the old battery works, the new one's busted. If not, you might have more serious problems...

RGDS,