• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is working on new wire-free in-ear Beats-branded earbuds, according to images in the tvOS 14.6 and iOS 14.6 betas that were found by MacRumors contributor Steve Moser.

Beats-Studio-Buds-feature-3.75.jpg

The Beats Studio Buds are unlike any prior Beats headphones that Apple has released as there is no ear wrap as with the Powerbeats Pro or a wire like the Powerbeats. The Beats Studio Buds are tiny in design and are similar to in-ear earbuds from companies like Samsung and Google. The images indicate multiple color options will be available, including black, white, and red, and there will be a matching oval-shaped charging case.

This small and simple design of the Beats Studio Buds appears to be similar to what we're expecting to see from the second-generation AirPods Pro. Rumors suggest that the next AirPods Pro will have a rounded, compact design that's also stemless.

There is no word on when the Beats Studio Buds might be released, but given that images are popping up in the current betas, we could see a debut shortly after the launch of iOS 14.6.

Article Link: New 'Beats Studio Buds' Revealed in iOS and tvOS 14.6

Last edited:

LowellLvl

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2018
I thought Jon Posser said Apple was phasing out Beats? 🤔
I know, right? I can’t imagine that Steve Jobs would have ever felt compelled to continue working on a product line that didn’t feature the Apple branding, especially considering that Apple wants to desperately sell you on their AirPods (Max) line of headphones. It’s still all a bit weird to me.

Comment

Canyda

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2020
Hmmm... if my Jabra 65Ts were to ever have an unfortunate accident, those might be a nice replacement if the price is right.

Comment

hmark8

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Ugh for us who would love AirPods Pro but can’t have them because like every AirPod before them they fall right out of ours ears so need a hook like the PowerBeats Pro.. desperately waiting for that product to be updated and now a little nervous that these other no hook beats are coming out which means the hook style may not be updated for even longer.

Comment

Canyda

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2020
Be proactive in your unfortunate accident planning and make sure it happens after these are released.
LOL! Well, the good thing is my Jabra's are terrific and work perfectly despite being several generations behind the current model. The other thing I love about them is that they can pair with 2 devices at once, so I have them set to my personal and work iPhones. I doubt these new Apple buds will do that.

Comment

Unregistered 4U

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2002
Aww. I was hoping this was a social media platform where you could share your projects with “studio buds” so they could help you get the mix just right. :(

• Haha
Reactions: jbachandouris
Comment

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
So do these support the new hi def format where all the other Apple ones don't?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.