New black on black Nike Band..

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Canadia69, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Canadia69 macrumors regular

I don't know if anybody noticed( because I sure didn't until now) but apple changed the black nike band. It used to be gray and black and now it's black on black <3...as soon as I noticed I bought it...I'm a fan of anything black on black.

Did u guys notice as well? If so which do you prefer..

Attached Files:

2. Hollowman7717 macrumors newbie

Check out this YouTube video showing off the new Apple Watch Nike sport bands

3. Canadia69 thread starter macrumors regular

It's nice but the all black one has some special kimd of sexy i find...

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Agreed. I like the all black appeal versus the gray mixed in. And I didn't notice until you pointed it out.

5. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

It's not exactly black. More like dark gray. Similar to the iPhone 6 silicone case's black or the iPad mini 4 case's black.

6. Canadia69 thread starter macrumors regular

Uuhh hmm, it doesn't look like it from the picture....but if it is gray, I'll probably return it...

7. chuyn macrumors 6502

People have posted pictures of it. It's not black on black as in same shade of black on same shade of black. The holes are "black" and the rest of the strap is a lighter shade.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I also researched it. It's not black on black. It's a darker gray.

9. rijc99, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017

rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

I have it. Just picked it up today. Trust me, it's not black. I'm on the fence re keep it or return it.

Imagine the iPhone 6 (not 6s) dark gray silicone case or the current iPad mini 4 charcoal gray case. Almost black but not quite there. Really noticeable if you put it next to something black. But by itself it's not too noticeable.

10. Canadia69 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow this is grey...but i think I like it; I might keep it...fills the gap in my watch compartment

Attached Files:

11. worker73 macrumors member

Saw it today in Michigan, put it up against my Nike gray/black and you can tell the difference then that it is indeed gray. Nice looking though for sure!

12. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

I bought this band for my S2 SS. It arrived today and not only looks great, but feels really nice and soft. Everything is so light now. Granted I had a link band on it before, but it does feel lighter than my leather band as well.

13. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Now you just need a SS watch to perfectly go with those bands lol

14. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Apple calls it Anthracite, which is a dark gray, from a type of coal. My car is Anthracite. The white one is a new combo too. Only the Black/Volt was sold before, of these 3 Nike separates.

15. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Nice band collection by the way. My case is Similar, filled with one too many bands.

16. mjschabow macrumors 68000

Which of the Nike bands would go best with the stainless steel watch? I'm thinking maybe the white?

17. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I prefer the Pure Platinum white Nike Band. Looks nice and it has a clean look to it.

18. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

The beauty of the Silver SS is any band will go best with it very well. I have the Anthracite/Black band now and it looks fantastic to me. I personally didn't like the white sport band the watch came with. Now I have 3 other bands.

The SS comes in two varieties. Silver and Space Black. The SB is a bit more limited in what will go with it.

19. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

I got the black/volt band for my stainless watch and it looks great! As others have pointed out, the regular stainless model goes well with almost any band Apple sells. I personally don't like white bands but it still looks fine if you get the white/platinum.

20. Canadia69 thread starter macrumors regular

Tell me about it.....biggest mistake of my life was to not to go with space black :/

21. mjschabow macrumors 68000

Thanks guys! My initial thought was that the white nike band would go better with the SS silver but damn that black green is hot!

22. ssledoux macrumors 6502a

ssledoux

Are these Nike bands a good bit cooler to wear? My sport bands are just awful in the summer here. I'm assuming the holes make the band breathable, and thereby, cooler and more comfortable in the heat.

23. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502a

OriginalAppleGuy

Haven't had it in the heat yet but it does feel cooler and lighter than the sport band.

24. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Yes. They allow your wrist to breathe more with punctured holes compared to the flueroastmer bands, which tend to stifle your wrists in warmer climates.

25. MrGimper, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017

MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

I bought the Black/Volt, Antracite/Black, and Platinum/White ones for my SS :)

Also have the Black/Grey that I bought from CeX.