Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkestRitual

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2010
DC Met Area
Kernel task is a ram hog now. 2 GB ram used immediately after startup, no apps running or windows open. Shudder to think had I not upgraded my ram to 8..

4gb on my machine, still 1.2gb free... I also share 256mb with my nvidia 9400m... it's all good, I can still run all my VMs at light speed (thank you ssd)

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
not sure if this is the issue some people had on .0 release

when my MacBook goes to sleep on its own after not being used, when I wake it up, the WiFi bar at the top is empty, as though WiFi is off, it does say its connected, but I need to turn WiFi off and then on again to get it working

It also seems that if I put by mac into sleep mode manually, all works fine

Had this issue a couple of times yesterday, might have been a glitch, will see how it runs today

jlluna

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2010
Holly Michigan

when my MacBook goes to sleep on its own after not being used, when I wake it up, the WiFi bar at the top is empty, as though WiFi is off, it does say its connected, but I need to turn WiFi off and then on again to get it working

Had this issue a couple of times yesterday, might have been a glitch, will see how it runs today

I have that same problem. I have to turn wifi off then back on to get back on the network.:mad:

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
This could be a coincidence but it has never happened before: I upgraded to 10.7.1 yesterday night, rebooted and opened Mail. Today Mail crashed and whenever I re-open it, it crashes within seconds. I have deleted cache and rebooted but that did not help. Other tips I have read involve being able to use mail long enough to do things like deleting long conversations, which I cannot do as Mail crashes before I can do anything.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
I've found another one... I just plugged my iPhone in, and iPhoto launched... in my dashboard.[/I]

That has got to be the strangest bug ever. To top that, I was forced to make up a fictional bug: When I plug in my USB hard drive, Front Row opens in Launchpad, and displays the following error message: "iTunes could not fetch your emails because Activity Monitor is not signed in to Google Earth".

----------

I have the same issue. Though I've had it ever since 10.7, so it's not specific to 10.7.1, at least for me. Never had this in Snow Leopard. In Lion, I get it pretty often now (at least like 1-3 times a day).

Edit: WOW, double posts automatically get merged into a single post. Every forum should have this.

PeterHolbrook

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2009
Since loss of wifi connection has been known to occur on Macs running versions of OS earlier than Lion, it is obvious this isn't a Lion-specific issue. So, if you want, you can blame Apple for some fault in their wifi hardware or for their inability to 100% ensure that the OS works flawlessly with said hardware, but, again, it isn't a "Lion bug" in any case. Lion might be just as "buggy" as far as wifi goes, as Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard were.

luckysob

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2011
I updated to 10.7.1 on my 2009 Mac Mini.

Now, when you wake the machine from sleep, the magic trackpad and the wifi both do not work. The trackpad could be bluetooth not working properly which would make sense considering the wifi and bluetooth are probably using the same chipset.

A reboot resolves the issue, but is rather annoying :mad:

I have had this bug, the Bluetooth not being available after sleep, with my 2009 iMac since I installed Lion. Highly annoying.

Oldandintheway

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2010
After the update on an 2011 MBA I'm asked for my password for mail. After I enter my password, it says it is incorrect, but I still get mail.

niewiesznic

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2009
Internet
10.7.1 errors:
1. waking from sleep gives cursor and black screen, no other choice than hard reset
2. Same thing from waking screen
3. Wifi freezes, no other choice than hard reset
4. computer freezes, only cursor is working (sometimes), no other choice than hard reset

This sucks as hell.
8GB Ram, Macbook Pro 5.1, Samsung SSD 128GB

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
In the overall scheme of things, Apple has done a decent job thus far. I'm not sticking up for them or being a fan boy. In fact I have all but one of my Macs running my well optimized SL 10.6.5 and have no plans to migrate to Lion anytime soon.

Yet that said, I did buy a new MBA with LION for two simple reasons.

1) I got it for an unbelievable 20% off via Amazon, plus saving sales tax and shipping. So it was a deal I could not pass up.

2) I was curious about Lion and didn't want to compromise one of my ultra fast, and reliable SSD equipped MBP's or Mac Pro just to test the new OS.

Being around for years using Apple gear, I know better than to expect perfection from a new OS, and that goes for ANY new OS. Not just Apple. Be realistic, and if you are new, be advised that it takes awhile to de-bug an OS once it's in the hands of the public.

Apple will get there in due time. They always have, and they always will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.