Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Just ordered two of them. Can't get wrong with such a nice price. Specially it was the only one that I saw that had a clear plastic on the sides with buttons with the same silver color. Griffin, Case-mate, etc has the buttons in black which I don't like

The fake apple bumpers are great!

The description says that the buttons are metal. I have a feeling that these will be (exact) copies of the Apple Bumper. Sure looks that way.

I already received an email stating that my order has shipped..... hopefully it arrives faster than the 3-4 weeks everyone is thinking.......

Sh00tingStar

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
The description says that the buttons are metal. I have a feeling that these will be (exact) copies of the Apple Bumper. Sure looks that way.

Don't know about an "exact copy" since in the pics the buttons appear to be shiny rather than the brushed finished on the genuine Apple Bumpers. Still, I ordered two.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Just ordered two for myself! Black and Transparent, White and Translucent Blue. Great find and great price! Now I'm crossing my fingers that these will play nice with my screen shield

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
These appear to be more like the apple bumpers than the bandEDGE. I'm not sure why you think the plastic being transparent would be a problem? They're $4 anyways...

True, $4 isn't much of a sacrifice if these cases turn out to be crap.

The reason that I don't like the silicone/rubber-transparent plastic cases is because of the potential of the silicone to "flower" onto the transparent part. Obviously, that could also happen with the cases that aren't transparent, but you wouldn't be able to see it.

This was one of my complaints with the Scosche. I tried to cut it off with an exacto knife, but it was too difficult, and couldn't be done cleanly. So I returned it.

This is why I wouldn't go with a silicone/rubber-transparent plastic bumper/case. It's possible that these are better quality and won't have this issue, but I didn't care to be a guinea pig on this.

jLp-PR

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2010
Bayamón, PR
Have any of you received a shipping confirmation?

Last email I received was the day after I ordered, said ordered was "prepared".

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Only thing my email said is that it was "prepared" and would ship out within 1-5 days. It's been a week already and I haven't gotten anything else. You can try emailing them and ask if yours has been shipped out or not. Their support team emailed me within a day so they're pretty responsive.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I have the Griffin one like this (I prefer bumpers) only thing, I have to take it off for any charging and the bumper cracked above and below the connection slot. All that is holding this bumper together is the rubber surround.

princesultan

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2010
the only thing that concerns me with the clear one from sw-box is that fact that the clear band has this sort of design around it. it's not just a plain clear band.

jameswilliam

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2010
I like black and white combos. Just ordered two of them. I just got a confirmation email that my order will be available in 1-5 days.

hzeat

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2009
Dallas
i ordered on the 17th, got shipping confirmation on the 18th...tracking shows it being processed:

Destination - United States of America
The item (***) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 22-Nov-2010.

oBMTo

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2010
I ordered the day this was posted and my 3 cases just arrived. The quality is pretty good considering the cost. Only gripe would be the volume buttons rattle a little bit. The buttons click well though. I have not noticed any bubbling of my screen protector or my back skin yet. The fit and finish is better on my SGB Neo Hybrid EX, so I would be sticking with that. But at $4 this makes a greater starter case.

Only could snap 2 pics before my camera battery went out.

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

(Eww, I need a new camera)

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
the only thing that concerns me with the clear one from sw-box is that fact that the clear band has this sort of design around it. it's not just a plain clear band.

http://www.sw-box.com/Silicone-And-Plastic-Assembly-Bumper-For-Iphone-4-Transparent-Black-.html

All it has is a line, which the Apple bumpers have too on the inside.

Are you sure you weren't looking at these?: http://www.sw-box.com/Rhombus-Silicone-Bumper-Frame-Skin-Cover-For-Iphone-4-Black-Transparent-.html

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
I ordered the day this was posted and my 3 cases just arrived. The quality is pretty good considering the cost. Only gripe would be the volume buttons rattle a little bit. The buttons click well though. I have not noticed any bubbling of my screen protector or my back skin yet. The fit and finish is better on my SGB Neo Hybrid EX, so I would be sticking with that. But at $4 this makes a greater starter case.

Only could snap 2 pics before my camera battery went out.

IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

(Eww, I need a new camera)
Wow that looks pretty good. Is the bumper thinner or thicker than the original bumper?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.