New Cinema Displays?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by A.R.I., Oct 10, 2008.

1. A.R.I. macrumors newbie

....I ordered a 30" ACD on september 26th, reseller told me, that it is unavailable until october 16th. I think that´s pretty long, since I have paid already.... :eek:

I called him yesterday to ask if anything changed regarding the delivery of my 30" ACD, which is scheduled for october 18th.

he said that it is unusual, that apple needs that much time to deliver a 30" ACD. sometimes, things like that happen before the introduction of new products. but the only thing, that is rumored (likely, since yesterday :rolleyes: )to be unveiled, is the new macbook.

I think, there will also be new cinema displays on october 14th.....and I think they will look like this.....

Attached Files:

2. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

If the new displays are to be launched with the new mb and mbp, it will be a terrific news. Many people have waited long enough for this revision.

3. A.R.I. thread starter macrumors newbie

I just checked the availability at some big european resellers.....ADC out of stock. except the 23"..... esitmated delivery on oct. 16th...
    there are no ACDs left here.....smells like an update...
    :D

4. Esrb99 macrumors member

this would be rad... then all prices on the current ones would drop a bit!!!

5. nanofrog macrumors G4

Here's the tech specs of the ACD's. Those more familiar with them may be able to determine if what is listed is different. Not sure. :eek:

6. ascender macrumors 68000

I guess if the rumours are true about the MPB re-design, the ACDs might be done as well to bring them in line too. Especially if the aluminium & black cues are borrowed from the iMac and iPhone.

I'd been planning to go for a 30" one at some point soon, but the more I think about it, the more getting two 23" ones seems like a better and more practical idea.

7. rmwebs macrumors 68040

At this rate there will be nothing left for MacWorld! If these displays do come out this month, that pretty much confirms a major product release for January!

8. nanofrog macrumors G4

What?!? How dare you forget about the new Mac Pro. ;) :p

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I really hope the ADCs will be updated soon. I will be buying a new display, likely another 30", and at present I'm leaning away from the Apple display

10. LeoFio macrumors regular

I still like the silver bezel vs the proposed black bezel design.

11. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Situation is now more desperate. While I knew the Apple 30" I had was developing some issues, it's gotten acutely worse. It had been developing green speckles across the screen after its been on at full or near full brightness for a couple hours - basically after getting warm. Powering off the display then back on normally "fixed" it for a few hours. The display is, unfortunately, long since out of warranty. Anyway, now its giving me the green speckles almost constantly to the point where its difficult to use.

And its not the video card in the machine, since I've both verified the monitor's issue on other machines and swapped the card in the Mac Pro.

The model I have is from the first line of 30" Apple made. I think they've been revised at least once, if not twice, since this was first purchased.

So, now its time for a replacement. And I'd rather not buy one now just to have a new model come out in a few weeks. Otherwise, I'll probably go with a Dell 30" 3008FP instead. While the multiple inputs don't matter to me, the much improved contrast and brightness compared to Apple's current 30" does matter. I'd prefer an Apple display, but not if the screen isn't updated soon.

12. Maximillian macrumors 6502

Looks like the HP w line to me...
    [​IMG]

13. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Well, new displays would be cool, but I don't think they will look like that. I like how they look now, all I'm hoping for is a price drop (not sure why; I don't even need a second display and if I did, I would probably get a Dell anyway). Then again, more ports would be good too.

14. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Apple hasn't updated those cinema displays in a loooooooooooong time.

They need to do two things: 1) release new cinema displays and 2) don't price them into the stratosphere.

Apple are notorious for pricing the cinema displays unrealistically. They need to take into account the current global economic situation and price them reasonably. :rolleyes:

15. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Could not agree more. BTW, you're avatar is hilarious.

16. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I have a feeling that Cinema Displays will be updated too.

17. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Is there a joke there I'm missing?

18. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

He thinks Apple is going to update the Cinema Displays also. ;)

19. 204467 macrumors 6502a

I still don't get it. I'm I so off the ball that I can't see a simple typo, or is there some form of dry humor I'm missing?

20. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

I don't get it either, I'm just trying to fit in.

21. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Oh, okay. Awesome, we're unobservant and not understanding of jokes together!

22. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

HDMI to go along with HDMI macbooks?

Who knows.

23. 204467 macrumors 6502a

So, if HDMI is just DVI with sound, what is the point of it unless the new displays have speakers in them? Of course, if I have incorrect information, just correct me and explain it to me.

24. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Duh! It's a joke. How can Apple redesign two of the most anticipated products(MB/MBP + Cinema's) for redesign at the same time?

I'll wrap it in [SARCASM] the next time. :p

25. deriko100 macrumors 6502

Lies the events for laptops maybe he was confused by a un-verified source that happens sometimes.