new commercial

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sWaltuo, Oct 7, 2007.

1. sWaltuo macrumors regular

just watching some tv and saw a iphone commercial that broke out of the "normal" format that apple has had since its release. It was basically an experience commercial with and iPhone owner talking about how he has used it in some situation.

Anyone else see this commercial? Do you think this approach is a good one? Could this commercial be a made by at&t? Any thoughts ...

2. RustyM macrumors regular

RustyM

Are you talking about the one with the guy who checked a wedding website to remember a name? That's the one I just watched.

3. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Apple were asking for people to share their iPhone experiences and stories

I wondered what it was for, maybe now we have the answer.

4. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I can't find what you are describing, on youtube. If you remember or know what it looks like, post te linkz!
    :)

5. mizelly41 macrumors regular

mizelly41

I just saw the commercial. It had a guy talking about the visual voicemail feature. At the end it had the AT&T logo then showed the apple. (I saw it on FOX)

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Here in the UK we don't get iPhone ads yet...hopefully this will be uploaded soon...

7. AutumnSkyline macrumors regular

AutumnSkyline

Haven't seen it yet, but it reminds me of the switch ads back in the day!

8. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

yup, just saw it. It was on the Falcons/Titans game.

9. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Ive seen 2 different ones today. This last one is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. This guy says "I used to carry my ipod, a camera, a phone, another phone to just to text message, thats 4 things. With the iPhone its 1 thing."

Come on now, how about a little bit of objectivity??? There are other phones out there that can do all that besides the iPhone. He really needed a separate phone just to text message?? He really carried his digital camera everywhere with him?? :rolleyes:

10. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

And if he did the iPhone certainly wouldn't fit the bill

11. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Someone has to rewind their DVR and record it for YouTube. :)

12. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Exactly. The camera on the iPhone nice as far as phone cameras go, but its no match for any current stand alone digital cam.

13. mizelly41 macrumors regular

mizelly41

When the commercial came on, I really wasnt watching very closely, but towards the end, the device in the guy's hand didn't look like an iphone. (i may have just seen it wrong)

14. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Assuming he didn't have a 1MP camera.

I think you are overestimating consumer needs here. Sure, he may have had a 10MP camera or something. But, maybe he didn't need that much, or can't tell the difference. Some people are completely happy with their camera phones. Of course, I wouldn't ever replace my Nikon SLR with an iPhone, but for people who want snapshots quick and that look nice, the iPhone is fine.

I think it is very plausible that this person was a typical consumer and had no issues replacing his digi cam with an iPhone.

15. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I think you are HIGHLY wrong. Ive never heard of anyone that takes all their pics with a camera phone. Most stand alones anymore, even the cheaper ones, are at least 4mp. The iPhone is nice to snap the occasional pic when you are on the go, but you cant seriously believe anyone is replacing a digital camera with the iPhone for their digi pics.

16. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I know someone who doesn't own a digital camera and so he takes all his pictures with his phone.

So now you have heard of someone :p

17. mizelly41 macrumors regular

mizelly41

I am waiting on the commercial to come on again and I will record it

18. djearlybird macrumors regular

There is more than 1, I have seen 3 today on Fox watching NFL :D

19. dangleheart macrumors 6502

Let us assume that these are real life situations experienced by actual consumers and not something made up by Apple and the consumer. If so, why are you people questioning those? That is as real as reality gets. ( And of course it is a commerical, it will be self-serving from Apple point of view which is par for a commercial.. it does not have to be objective )

20. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Revolutionary Blue Collar iPhone Ad Runs On FOX Football Today

A completely new kind of iPhone ad appeared this morning on FOX during the Steelers-Seahawks football game during the third quarter. A very blue collar mechanic type guy talks to the camera about how he used to have to leave home with 5 different things and now only needs to remember his iPhone. I didn't get a recording. Did anyone? :eek:

21. sWaltuo thread starter macrumors regular

yea ... Since I posted earlier this morning I've seen three different ones ..

22. a1016neo macrumors regular

a1016neo

23. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

The iphone camera is fine for normal use. I even took night pictures of fireworks over cinderella castle at disney world with it recently. Like Steve said recently at the London release, it's not all about megapixels for the best picture. I just saw a cnet review of a nikon coolpix 7 mp, and they were ragging on it, apparently even with 7 mp, it didnt take great pictures, citing things like they couldnt see detail in peoples shirts, etc. So I have a feeling the megapixel number isnt nearly the whole story with a camera.

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I saw this but "revolutionary" isn't the word I had in mind for it.

25. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

A Second One On CBS Football Now Explains Visual Voice Mail

Just saw another one with an ordinary guy explaining how visual voice mail has changed his life. I'm calling them revolutionary because they are unlike any previous Apple ads I have ever seen - regular Joes endorsing high tech phone. Target audience - regular people not Apple Fanboys & girls.