Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I just saw a new one during the Chargers - Broncos game on CBS. A guy is talking about how he went with his girlfriend to eat dinner with her boss and new fiance. She couldn't remember her name, so the boyfriend looked it up real quick on his iPhone since they had their wedding website and saved the confusion.

The new ads appear like they were set up on a street corner with a black backdrop and people can come up and talk about their iPhone and the use they get out of it in everyday situations. Not sure if they really allow that or if they just want us to think that's what happened and they are really actors, but that would be cool to be in an Apple commercial! I could talk about endless situations that the iPhone has helped in my own life. I think this style of advertisement has the potential to be very successful for Apple and will attract more "regular" people. Anyone seen one of these set up or interviewed for a commercial?

Gonzlobo

Suspended
May 9, 2007
Albuquerque
I think the new commercials are good. Everyone - at least those that care - know what the iphone can do. The commercials demonstrate practical applications for the phone's use.

Think of how many times you've pulled to the side of the road, googled a restaurant, mapped it, called it and were dining in 5 minutes. Happened to us just last night in Santa Fe. That's a practical commercial right there.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
First One Captured Now

Got the first one recorded. Man says he had to carry a bag for iPod, Camera, regular cell phone, another phone for text messaging & email. Auto Designs Master Fabricators of Personal ...

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
Look, Im not questioning anyones love for Apple. But lets not get carried away with the fanboyism. The camera 1) has no flash 2) has a crappy shutter speed, especially in low light situations 3) has no zoom 4) is 2mp, most likely interpolated.

So to say the iPhones cam is as good as another digital camera is just flat not true.

And yes, these commercials are self-serving to Apple. I realize they have a product to push. But that doesnt mean that criticisms (such as mine) of those commercials are not without merit.

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Share Your iPhone Story Page

I just saw a new one during the Chargers - Broncos game on CBS. A guy is talking about how he went with his girlfriend to eat dinner with her boss and new fiance. She couldn't remember her name, so the boyfriend looked it up real quick on his iPhone since they had their wedding website and saved the confusion.

The new ads appear like they were set up on a street corner with a black backdrop and people can come up and talk about their iPhone and the use they get out of it in everyday situations. Not sure if they really allow that or if they just want us to think that's what happened and they are really actors, but that would be cool to be in an Apple commercial! I could talk about endless situations that the iPhone has helped in my own life. I think this style of advertisement has the potential to be very successful for Apple and will attract more "regular" people. Anyone seen one of these set up or interviewed for a commercial?
Share Your iPhone Story Page. If they like your story, they'll apply the actors to perform it for an ad.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
Just saw the visual voicemail one on the Charger / Denver game on CBS. I like the change from the original series.
Good marketing change. Keeps things fresh.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
Look, Im not questioning anyones love for Apple. But lets not get carried away with the fanboyism. The camera 1) has no flash 2) has a crappy shutter speed, especially in low light situations 3) has no zoom 4) is 2mp, most likely interpolated.

Anyone who uses a cellphone as a camera doesn't understand photography.
I use a Canon Digital SLR when I want a good picture on vacation,
but on my last trip I shot a lot of pics with my iPhone as well and was very surprised by the quality once I viewed them on my Macbook. With a lot of light, steady hands and good subjects it does pretty well.

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
there kinda 1/2 uploaded at apple.com/iphone

see the bottom, they have new titles, but still the old vids

Retired
May 16, 2006
Much better than the ones with the irritating music :)

They seem overly scripted though...especially the voicemail one, that guy is just not genuine enough IMO...

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
They are terrible.

Stephano - Unbelievable tripe
Doug - greatest advancements in mankind visual voicemail - utter rubbish
Elliot - Seems feasible.

Retired
May 16, 2006
They are terrible.

Stephano - Unbelievable tripe
Doug - greatest advancements in mankind visual voicemail - utter rubbish
Elliot - Seems feasible.

Maybe the English accented ones in a couple of months will seem less scripted :)

They will definitely be a big departure from the usual O2 ads...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.