New Computer

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sharoon, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Sharoon macrumors newbie

My old P.C. recently crashed so I lost all my music files. I've just got a new p.c. and downloaded the newest versions of Quick Time and ITunes. What problems can I expect, and what's my next step? I realize I probably have to start from the beginning with my music collection. What happens with my music already on my IPOD? Thanks for any advice you're willing to take time to share.

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

All the stuff you bought from iTunes can be backed up through iTunes from your iPod. For all the other stuff try iPodRip (Windows I'm assuming)

3. Sharoon thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually Vista

Actually my new PC has Vista. I do have access to my daughter's p.c. where I could rip the songs, but she also has her own version of Itune music there, and I wouldn't want to interfere with it.

4. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Vista is a version on Windows.

See Windows XP, Windows Vista.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

6. itsme92 Guest

If you were going to use this computer to get the music off your iPod, you could always make a seperate user account (I'm assuming she uses XP) and import it into there, and then later delete the user account.

7. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Warning: The original version of Vista has a bug where it can mess up your iPod at the moment that it is unplugged. I heard that Microsoft has fixed this; make sure that you have all software updates for Vista installed before you let an iPod anywhere near it.

8. Sharoon thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Thanks for all the great tips... I appreciate your time.