New Cust O2 Order Status in MY O2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glanv, Jul 7, 2008.

1. glanv macrumors regular

Hello all

I will probably get slated for starting a new thread, but seeing as all the other threads are overwhelmed by disgruntled existing users I thought I'd try and attract the new customers to this thread.

I was successful in ordering a 16gb black this morning - luckily I was in work early and no-one was in the office so I could dive in and go for my life! Managed to get the order done and dusted by approx 0810! Got an order confirmation email, but as of yet haven't had another to follow this sentence in their email:

"We're just currently processing your request and we'll be in touch shortly to let you if it's been accepted and when it will be dispatched."

Checked the status in MY O2 but it just says "In Progress".

Has anyone had more than this?

Cheers!

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Nope, that seems to be where everyone is at the moment. Same for me. Have had a 3rd email from O2 though...

3. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers. It seems a little cheeky to now turn around and say:

"Your order is still being processed and, if accepted, should be despatched to you within the next 5 days. Any iPhone 3G orders will be delivered on or after 11th July."

I have the day booked off work, originally to queue up at shop, if the delivery doesn't happen I will be a little bit pi**ed. However, it isn't the end of the world! Hopefully we'll be lucky!

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Exactly the same here, got the day off to queue. What the heck, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't arrive, but it will eventually. Good luck to you sir, I hope yours arrives.

5. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Same to you squire! I'll be sure to post back my cheers of joy or tears of frustration!

6. croshtique macrumors 6502

After ordering this morning, I had to call O2 to go through some extra verification/ID checks. After that was all done, the operator I was speaking to said my new iPhone should arrive on Friday.
    My latest email says the following:

7. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I've not had a call/had to call O2 for extra checks, I'm guessing thats not something everyone has to do?

Thanks glanv, here to tears of joy. :D

8. ssierra macrumors member

Hi,

do you have their number? I would like to call o2 to know the status of my order.

thanks

9. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

croshtique, did you get a message on screen asking you to call for extra verification? Or was it in an email?

Markleshark, I didn't have to call either but I guess croshtique's one step ahead of us! I may not be able to resist calling O2 now to see what the score is!!

10. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

No, no disrespect to croshtique but I don't think it's something people/addresses with 'good' credit ratings have to do.

ssierra, tried that they can't tell you. Online only.

11. mailliw macrumors member

I don't think it'll change its status until late Thursday or early Friday morning. Not that that helps anyone, least of all me...!

12. ssierra macrumors member

Amazing!!

I just called them at 0870 225 7879 and a very kind guy told me that my order was accepted and the credit check was passed but there is not stock for my order. I placed it at 8:41 (that was the first email) and the web had stock until the 11:00 or so.
    He told me that they will try to fulfil my order on 11th...
    I can’t believe that they sold iphones without stock, imagine how many will have this problem if my order was at that time.

:(

13. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Yeah, as far as I can gather all the orders are showing out of stock at the moment. I think O2's whole process has been a little backwards.

14. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

I just called the number you posted ssierra and also spoke to a rather nice chap. He checked my order for me and confirmed it had been placed and a counter (I think that's what he said) has been put against it. I assume this means it has been assigned to an item of stock. He said that delivery cannot be confirmed for sure at the moment but it is expected that I should get it Friday no problem.

Not going to get too excited mind, I have the worst luck in the world with ordering things - they always take ages to arrive!

15. ssierra macrumors member

at what time di you pace the order?

cheeers

16. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

17. ssierra macrumors member

no, about 5 minnutes or less.

18. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I'n not with O2, so it'll be friggin expensive. Never mind. :rolleyes:

19. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Got through to 'Stephen'.

Great guy, my order has been accepted, don't need to do anymore credit checks. He said they are aiming to have everyones iPhones who we're successful today out by Friday and advised me to ring back Wednesday or Thursday and they'll know for sure.

Happy Days.

20. glanv thread starter macrumors regular

Happy Days indeed! Now everyone keep everything crossed and we'll all be OK! I'm off to watch TV with the missus now as she has lost me to MR for last week or two! A glass of white and try not to have any thoughts about that phone!

Cheers everyone!

21. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Yeah, sounds about right. Your a good 'en glanv, and I'll be sure to update this thread with the outcome, make sure you do the same. ;)

22. Juo100 macrumors regular

Im still on the first email as well havnt had the second one yet unfortunately. My order went through at about 8.21

23. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

FWIW, which isn't much, I got my first one at 8.50.

24. xxchefxx macrumors member

I placed an order this morning and got my first email back from 02 at 9.31 and have had 2 other emails say almost the same thing from them. So I thought I would give them a call to make sure.

I was told that I have an order but due to the volume of orders from existing 02 customers that have priority over new customers that its doesn’t look likely that I will get an iphone on Friday but I would get one asap when they have more stock

25. spinstorm macrumors 65816

That is the funniest quote ever...

You only have to browse this forum to see that the majority of existing users couldn't even get onto the upgrade page let alone actually place an order!