Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Next Day Delivery, iPhone 3G 8Gb Black Online 30 18 month In Progress

That is my status.

Next day delivery?!?!?!!?

Aravintht

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
London, UK
my order went through by 9am

got an order ref and on my o2 says in progress

but not a single email!

no charges to my card - three pending £59 charges though

Samaritan

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2006
Oxfordshire, UK
No, no disrespect to croshtique but I don't think it's something people/addresses with 'good' credit ratings have to do.

ssierra, tried that they can't tell you. Online only.

Actually, that's not true. Credit checks are odd things - I have a very high credit rating (according to my experian and equifax ratings) and the extra security or ID checks are usually to ensure that you are who you say you are.. I had to do an ID check this afternoon (o2 called me) purely because I get flagged as being vulnerable to ID theft due to the credit rating..

Believe it or not, ID thieves don't normally target people with bad credit.. the irony is, sometimes it takes longer for me to get credit (the process) as they want to be sure its me and not a fraudster..

You work hard to get an impeccable credit rating, then get penalised for it! :)

Typical huh?

croshtique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Cambridge, UK
No, no disrespect to croshtique but I don't think it's something people/addresses with 'good' credit ratings have to do.

As others have mentioned, credit ratings are odd things. It might have been because I just applied and got a new credit card next week, who knows.

Anyways, had yet another email from O2 within the last hour (4th one):

Your order is still being processed and, if accepted, should be despatched to you within the next 5 days. Any iPhone 3G orders will be delivered on or after 11th July.

We'll email or send you an SMS to confirm when your order has been accepted and despatched so that you'll know when to expect your delivery. You will need to sign for the delivery, but don't worry if you're not in, the courier will leave you details to rearrange delivery.

mailliw

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
It's a bit of a farce. I placed my order at 8.10am and it went through fine, but O2 tell me my order is "out of stock". There are other people who placed them at 10am whose orders have been counted and allocated. In short, O2's policy of first-come-first-serve is hogwash. It's a total lottery, and the clueless **** at O2 said he had "no idea when" my order would be fulfilled.

12 years with Orange. What on earth have I done?

johnwin

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008
Hull, UK
It's a bit of a farce. I placed my order at 8.10am and it went through fine, but O2 tell me my order is "out of stock". There are other people who placed them at 10am whose orders have been counted and allocated. In short, O2's policy of first-come-first-serve is hogwash. It's a total lottery, and the clueless **** at O2 said he had "no idea when" my order would be fulfilled.

12 years with Orange. What on earth have I done?

Did you order an 8gb or 16gb?

johnwin

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008
Hull, UK

is the o2 order tracker still showing your order as 'in progress'?

according to MacWorld uk web site o2 have no 16gb in stock as of today - I expect they are using 'just in time' delivery so the 'out of stock' might not mean no phone on Friday.

Am I being over optimistic?

mailliw

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
is the o2 order tracker still showing your order as 'in progress'?

according to MacWorld uk web site o2 have no 16gb in stock as of today - I expect they are using 'just in time' delivery so the 'out of stock' might not mean no phone on Friday.

Am I being over optimistic?

Who knows? From what I can understand, the site began to crumble at about 8.15am, just after my order. Mine, and others around that time, all "made it" onto the system and our cards have been charged, but because of the server trouble they had, they didn't begin allocating the phones to the orders until a bit later on, after 9am.

Oh who bloody cares. Let's all go hug a tree and kiss an ant...it's only a phone!

Juo100

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Is their anyone else who hasn’t had their second conformation email from O2? Its been 24 hours now. What the **** is going on.

andyhofer

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2008
I called O2 today 10.00am GMT and I asked re status of my order, just checking credit check etc, they said everything is fine, order taken, credit check done, stock OK and it is awaiting collection by the couriers.

Role on Friday, I hope, it's not even for me, if for my wife...... I'm still using an old XDA on PAYG :confused:

ssierra

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
I think this will go worst if o2 doesn’t sort out yesterday mess.

I and I think a lot of people that has the order as in progress are waiting to see what happens on Thursday nigh.

If my order status doesn’t change I will go by the iphone on a store and return the one I bought online when it arrives.

If something like this happens o2 will have a lot of iphone returned…

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I called O2 today 10.00am GMT and I asked re status of my order, just checking credit check etc, they said everything is fine, order taken, credit check done, stock OK and it is awaiting collection by the couriers.

Role on Friday, I hope, it's not even for me, if for my wife...... I'm still using an old XDA on PAYG :confused:

What number did you call and what option did you choose?

andyhofer

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2008
What number did you call and what option did you choose?

I called 0870 225 7879 and chose option 4 "Status". The lady that answered sorted it all out for me but she had said that I had called the wrong department :confused:

hefnur

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Edinburgh
Hey,

Completely new here, but I think I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. I managed to place an order, I know I've had my credit check done(checked equifax) and my order is saying 'in progress'.

As yet I've not received one email from o2 - and given that (as far as I'm aware) my order was placed at about 8.15am yesterday morning I'm not a happy bunny.

I have emailed them about it and I am currently awaiting a response, I really don't have time to sit on the phone trying to get through to them, so I'm unsure as to my next step. Guess I'll just have to wait for a response.

Anyway if nothing else typing my moan to the internets may stop the boy from killing me - I think if I say iphone to him once more he might snap!

Cheers
Heather

andyhofer

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2008
Hey,

Completely new here, but I think I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. I managed to place an order, I know I've had my credit check done(checked equifax) and my order is saying 'in progress'.

As yet I've not received one email from o2 - and given that (as far as I'm aware) my order was placed at about 8.15am yesterday morning I'm not a happy bunny.

I have emailed them about it and I am currently awaiting a response, I really don't have time to sit on the phone trying to get through to them, so I'm unsure as to my next step. Guess I'll just have to wait for a response.

Anyway if nothing else typing my moan to the internets may stop the boy from killing me - I think if I say iphone to him once more he might snap!

Cheers
Heather

Hi, you may not spend a huge amount of time on the phone, I was on and off in around 4 minutes.

hefnur

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Edinburgh
Hi, you may not spend a huge amount of time on the phone, I was on and off in around 4 minutes.

Thanks - I eventually gave in and called. You were right I was off within 5 mins and a couple of those were having banter with the guy who answered!

I'm all happy now because he confirmed that my order was successful and I will get my pretty new iphone on Friday...wohoo!

sallythemac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
I placed an order for 16GB iPhone on a nre connection by 0810am and had my first e-mail 11secs later. Have had 2 other since just reiterating what the first said. My status has always been "In Progress". So rang o2 to check if i had passed the credit check or not. I was told that they are swamped because of yday, and that they will be contacting customers who placed orders via e-mail or text by tomorrow afternoon at the latest letting you know if u were successful or not.

However, with the number of people in this thread saying they have rang o2 and have had confirmation of stock allocation and credit check status, i may ring them again. Has anybody got any phone numbers to try?

EDIT:
I called 0870 225 7879 and chose option 4 "Status". The lady that answered sorted it all out for me but she had said that I had called the wrong department :confused:

Tried this number, spoke to a very helpful lady. She said credit check fine, stock allocation fine. Defo got one. May appear as "Out of Stock" in status until the order has been officially processed and despatched nearer to friday. Whoop Whoop!

mailliw

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
Who knows? From what I can understand, the site began to crumble at about 8.15am, just after my order. Mine, and others around that time, all "made it" onto the system and our cards have been charged, but because of the server trouble they had, they didn't begin allocating the phones to the orders until a bit later on, after 9am.

Oh who bloody cares. Let's all go hug a tree and kiss an ant...it's only a phone!

Just an update which may or may not help someone. I finally found someone intelligible at O2 who today told me that my order has gone through, and has a code/counter next to it. Yesterday's rubbish was just that: rubbish. So all those early orders which initially appeared not to be honouring O2's "first-come-first-serve" promise have now been allocated.

It's all fun!

rball1979

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2008
Amazing!!

I just called them at 0870 225 7879 and a very kind guy told me that my order was accepted and the credit check was passed but there is not stock for my order. I placed it at 8:41 (that was the first email) and the web had stock until the 11:00 or so.
He told me that they will try to fulfil my order on 11th...
I can’t believe that they sold iphones without stock, imagine how many will have this problem if my order was at that time.

:(

O2 systems are showing "out of stock" because they haven't yet taken deilvery of iPhones from Apple....thats at least what I was told by a cheerful rep this morning...

As long as you have an order number, you will get an iphone...maybe not on Friday, but sooner than most

johnwin

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008
Hull, UK
O2 systems are showing "out of stock" because they haven't yet taken deilvery of iPhones from Apple....thats at least what I was told by a cheerful rep this morning...

As long as you have an order number, you will get an iphone...maybe not on Friday, but sooner than most

Just had a similar conversation with o2.

My credit check etc went through fine. Payment of £159 is pending on my credit card. But as I ordered at 9:28am yesterday the current assessment of stock is that I was too late :( However - they are not totally sure where they are with stock and they *may* still ship the phone to me on Thursday evening, though most likely on Friday.

I have to wait for my txt confirmation that it has shipped and/or view the track my order website.

Either way I will get my phone 'sometime soon'

Gotta be better that queueing up on Friday to get one of 'a few dozen' iPones delivered to the stores. Especially as few of these will be 16gb and 8gb is just too small.

Looks like I might have to go to work on Friday after all! :(

mailliw

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
Looks like I might have to go to work on Friday after all! :(

Yes, this is our next battle: DHL! I'm working Friday, not home til 9pm at the earliest, so will plaster the front door with instructions in case nobody's home, hopefully they can leave it with a neighbour. I have a sinking feeling it might require my surname on the signature ... but fingers crossed.

This is getting ridiculous, all this waiting. I'm never buying another Apple product again. I've turned into a...into a...a FANBOY.

johnwin

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2008
Hull, UK
Yes, this is our next battle: DHL! I'm working Friday, not home til 9pm at the earliest, so will plaster the front door with instructions in case nobody's home, hopefully they can leave it with a neighbour. I have a sinking feeling it might require my surname on the signature ... but fingers crossed.

This is getting ridiculous, all this waiting. I'm never buying another Apple product again. I've turned into a...into a...a FANBOY.

I think it will have to be your signature mailliw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.