New Facebook Facelift for 2011

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leomac08, Dec 5, 2010.

1. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/12/facebook-facelift/

I did it myself, I didn't like it at first, but then I fixed everything and still don't like it but it will have to do.:rolleyes:

NOTE: (ONCE YOU DO IT, YOU CAN'T GO BACK TO YOUR OLD FACEBOOK PROFILE LOOK):mad: trust me I tried but failed:p

2. Rodimus Prime, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010

Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Honestly I like how facebook was in 2005-2006 before they did the first redesign of it.

3. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

I liked it too, it was very simple, but now facebook is asking for too many things!!

It's a privacy issue.... lol :rolleyes:

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Tried it, could care less... privacy, well, it's always a crap shot.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Pretty much the same thing, just in different places. Gets a MEH from me.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I really wish Facebook would stop trying to be an all in one shop. I don't want everything in one place and I don't want everyone knowing every part of my business.

7. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The last 3 major updates which are homepage, chat, and now profile, it's unnecessary. Just more pics and smaller font.

8. samiwas macrumors 65816

Yeah, the brilliance of Facebook was always it's basic simplicity. There have been some great features added, but it's also just getting too big and bloated. It's what made MySpace cave...every started to look like the Vegas strip with the amount of blinking and pictures everywhere.

I also hate how you can no longer just write out a paragraph about activities, bands, TV shows, etc. on your profile...you have to "like" them...then start getting posts from them. It also takes away me being able to write smartass and snarky comments about stuff I like.

9. yourwiseguy macrumors regular

yourwiseguy

Fail. The link to upgrade hasn't appeared for me yet. I check FB on my phone 90% of the time anyway, but I am interested to see how it looks.

10. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Yawn. I stopped using facebook two weeks ago. It just got boring and pointless.

11. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

It's a bit messy in my opinion but at least it's opt-in for the time being. I think they make everything forced in terms of visual/appearance changes so they can keep it looking the same throughout the site.