New iMac better be coming soon

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bonafide, Jul 20, 2007.

1. bonafide macrumors regular

There I've done it! I am so confident the new iMac is coming out within the next month or two that I have placed my PC up for sale! If it doesn't then I'm stuck using a crappy laptop that work supplies me.

Come'on Apple don't let me down. I want it now.. I need it now!

2. superlatic macrumors regular

ive got faint hopes for the 31st/1st as last yr they were announced a week earlier than expected, but i think as predicted on the rumours site would be a safe bet.

know the feeling though i am ready and waiting to purchase whichever is updated first out of imac or mac pro, am squeezing a bit more life out of my 12" G4 ibook untill then

3. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

We are bound to see something soon, though there have been reports of delayed release. Who knows though.

4. superlatic macrumors regular

this better not be true!!!!! or im lumbered with a dell, really cant afford to wait any longer than early aug :(

5. diehardmacfan macrumors regular

now im even more excited for the new keyboard

but i really need a new imac within the next 3 or so weeks

6. superlatic macrumors regular

i was planning on buying either 24" imac or mac pro, whichever was updated first.

in all honesty couldnt give a rats ass bout the keyboard. just hope they get em out sooner rather than later.

7. bonafide thread starter macrumors regular

I've got the cash saved.. I'm maxing out on the new 24" iMac.

Top of the line and nothing less. Except maybe RAM but we'll see how their prices go. Is it better/cheaper to buy RAM from Apple preinstalled or through a RAM company later on once your warranty has expired?

8. mathwhiz90601 macrumors 6502

mathwhiz90601

Shooting for 20", waiting since September (oh, I could buy now, but in a few months they'll have this nice OS revision, so I'll wait for then, I can stand it :eek:). Yeesh. In the meanwhile the old iMac's keyboard has half died and I've had to use..... WIN2K!?! arrg.

9. mathwhiz90601 macrumors 6502

mathwhiz90601

Why not get a macpro instead?

10. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

well, that would also require several hundred more for a display...to answer your other question defiantly upgrade your ram your self, dont use apple. they want 750 dollars to go from 2gig to 4gig on the MBP but you can buy 4gig from Frys for $175 shipped overnight...yes apple is a bunch of thieves

11. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

It'd always be cheaper to purchase your RAM through a third party vendor. Just to go to 2GB of ram from 1GB will cost $175 throught the normal Apple online store. Other World Computing sells their 2GB upgrade kit (1x1) for $99.95, 2.0GB Upgrade module(2GB dimm) for $119.99, or their 3GB kit(2x1) for $169. I wouldn't doubt that you could find these for cheaper elsewhere as any PC5300 DDR2 667mHz ram should fit the bill.

12. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

The same could be said of Dell which charges $930 to go to 4GB in their notebooks. Alienware charges $1000 for the same upgrade, so please...:rolleyes:

13. cowman007 macrumors regular

Suppose the iMacs are released on the 5th of August. Does that mean then that they will come in Canada as well or States only

14. gamerz macrumors 6502

gamerz

I'm just hoping that it comes out before the release of leopard. Quick question, How much are we excpecting them to be? If it is above my budget, then I will really be mad.

15. CBAviator macrumors 6502

I have heard talk that they likely won't be any more than the current prices. But...I think it really depends on whether or not the 17" iMac hangs around or not after the redesign.

16. c.joe.go macrumors regular

c.joe.go

i could see a slight drop in price. it would only make sense, they have more products going out, especially with iphone, and this added revenue makes it easier to give on some other products' margins. i hope for this coming tuesday, but trust most rumors that say the 7th of august. stick it to gates.

17. bonafide thread starter macrumors regular

So purchase my RAM through a third party vendor. Who installs it without voiding my Applecare?

18. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Ram is a user-replaceable part, meaning it will not void your AppleCare. It's ridiculously simple to install ram. There should be documentation included with your computer that outlines the procedures to opening up your computer and installing ram.

19. G4DP macrumors 65816

Anyone else notice it

I just love the little Windows symbol on the Keyboard.

20. bonafide thread starter macrumors regular

Oh... I didn't realize that. I thought RAM had to be installed via Apple or an Apple authorized reseller.

Right on! That makes that decision easy.

21. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

I couldn't wait

I got a gorgeous 24" iMac earlier this week. It is without a doubt, the best thing I have EVER done. The screen is such a joy to use after several bad experiences with the latest MBP's. I've got everything loaded and sorted and it's just fantastic.

Due to problems with MB/MBP's I had purchased earlier and the many trips back and forward to the apple store which is not nearby, they gave me this 24" beast with applecare for only £980!!! Admittedly, I probably wouldn't have purchased it at full price and I suppose if the new iMac is so much better, I might stick this on ebay and get the new one. But I will only do that if the screen on the new model is perfect, not like the latest MBP. To be honest, the 3 MBP's I had were an ABSOLUTE JOKE! If it's got teething troubles, I'll wait thanks very much - and stick 3GB RAM in this one for just under £100.

In the meantime though, I am one hell of a happy iMac user. A cracking computer!!!

22. Mekgek macrumors member

Hint: There is going to be a nicely integrated touch area in the keyboard to easily use coverflow in leopard ;)

23. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

What is an integrated touch area going to allow me to do in coverflow that I can't currently do with a mouse or cursor keys?

24. bonafide thread starter macrumors regular

Hint: Nothing :)

25. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

My point exactly
    ;)