New iMac coming 2013 LMFAO

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ThisIsMe, Jun 11, 2012.

1. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

2. Geolink macrumors member

3. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I don't trust Pogue, the Apple mouthpiece. I think we'll see an update sooner than that, perhaps coinciding with the release of ML.

4. Poki macrumors 6502a

Poki

By "new" they probably mean redesigned. Of course we won't see redesigned retina display iMacs this year, but a Ivy Bridge USB 3.0 Update is pretty sure for end of july to mid august.

5. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

I would have thought so, but with the shell game Apple pulled with the Mac Pro today, nothing would surprise me at this point.

6. lpp71 macrumors member

I hope they do release something soon, my original intel iMac is on its very last leg, it has 42 vertical lines (As typical) and the mouse keeps freezing up. I had to run SMC Fan control at 5200RPM to keep her cool and running for me until today... But with the lack of a new iMac I won't be wasting my money (unless of course there was a huge price discount, but we all know Apple won't do that).:rolleyes:

7. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

This is exactly what I took it as as well. Silent refresh in same chassis this year, new hotness (probably retina) next year.

8. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

9. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

A journalist who is probably lying to get website buzz, and a random user who supposedly got an email from tim cook. :roll eyes:

Really guys?

10. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

11. HurryKayne macrumors 6502a

If they want just sell Iphone's ...come on this is the way!
    Windows 8 is just behind the corner and it has a pletora of machine where to run..nor just one for line..,the rope is about to break in wires!

12. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

I dont know .. I said the same tune yesterday about the "new" MacPro speculation which claim to still use old 5750 GPU. Turned out to be 100% accurate.

So yeah.. Could be true.

13. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

As per my comments in the linked thread, this news seems to indicate that Apple does not want to sell any more desktops until 2013, apart to the uninformed and ignorant. And you know what... those people exist unfortunately. I went to an Apple store today to check out the new RMBP. They didn't have any. They also didn't have any new MBAs or MBPs. All of the 2011 stock was on display.

They were happily selling the 2011 MBAs and MBPs as if nothing had happened yesterday and people were buying them. It's one of those awkward situations because you're watching someone get shafted, but you're not sure if you should say anything.

----------

I've don't think The New York Times needs to generate buzz on their website from the Apple fans. I also don't think they lie any more than the average mainstream media outlet.

14. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Exactly. We'll see a slight refresh within a month or so and "new" iMacs will come in 2013.

15. tikitommy macrumors regular

It's so annoying.

I've been waiting for a refresh before I buy a new one. I could care less if it doesnt include retina or whatnot.

I don't need a redesign, i just want a bump. slightly better processor, USB 3.0, and maybe a 1TB drive as base. Is that asking for too much?

16. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

This is what we've all been saying for the last few months, and what the Mac Pro guys have been saying for a LOT longer. It certainly isn't "pretty sure" that we'll see iMacs any time soon.

I'm biting the bullet and going with new MBP+ TB Display.

17. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

You should get a job translating Korean camera instruction manuals.

18. powerslave65 macrumors regular

I am betting there will be an update in the Fall at the latest, but I respect them for not rushing something out. They updated 2 laptop lines, the Mac pro and added a redesigned macbook pro. There is alot that can go wrong with that many releases, I think they did the right thing. It's much easier to add the latest parts to a chasis that only costs 3 bucks to make like a Dell or HP. Apple graduated to the highest level of hardware design a few years back and it will only get crazier from here. Upgrades and redesigns are a big deal for them.

19. Chippy99, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

Putting an Ivybridge processor and 7-series chipset on an existing logic board is not exactly rocket science. Gigabyte, Asus, MSI and the like manage to do a new board practically every week. Yes a complete re-design is a big undertaking, but adding a few USB3 ports is not.

There's no way the lack of development on all desktops can be dressed up as anything other than crap.

So long as this nonsense persists:

Seagate 3TB Expansion USB 3.0 3.5" £129
    Western Digital 4TB My Book Thunderbolt £399

I am not happy buying anything with only Thunderbolt and USB2.

20. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Correct. What's even worse is that people are actually trying to justify it and apologise for it. :confused:

21. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

22. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Getting shafted by getting an EOL price cut on their 2011 computer? Ok...

23. InlawBiker macrumors 6502

I would have no problem buying one of the 2011 iMacs right now if they would reduce the price to something that didn't make me feel like a red hot poker had just been inserted into a rear orifice.

24. HurryKayne macrumors 6502a

Funny.Really.Is it all your?Clearly you don't understand the word
    respect,and clearly you'll answer me that.....fill with your so high piece of poetry.