New iMAC update with some more information and speculations (pls read)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rickard1989, Sep 18, 2012.

1. rickard1989 macrumors newbie

Hi:)

I know everyone will reply "we've thousand of these topics" so therefore i decided to do the only one which states many rumors and a bit more information that might make you guys happy.

We are many people around the world that awaits this new model(s) and I really hope all of us will be happy.

So what information I have that you haven't heard anything of? Not that much but just a little.

I have visited on of Apple's "main" stores in Sweden and I spoke to the employees and they confirmed that they knew that a new iMac would be released really soon and that their own models just "were" there to look nice. People haven't bought almost any iMac for a long time. Also I have checked several stores on the net in sweden and for a few weeks ago every single store had no problem to deliver. Right now the serious sites doesn't have ANYTHING in stock, the only stores that shows that something could be sent right away are the companys that aren't honest!

http://macworld.idg.se/2.1038/1.149820

http://investorplace.com/2012/09/friday-apple-rumors-no-retina-displays-on-new-imacs/

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/07/updates-to-apples-imac-line-reportedly-imminent/

http://www.macgasm.net/2012/08/30/rumor-new-imac-coming-in-september/

So what have we learned from this?

That they are JUST around the corner. And trust me when I say I feel for you!

And everyone is talking about that they won't release it just because of this and that, for example if they release it tomorrow it would be perfect timing for the persons that visits the stores on friday in the us. I mean just that there is no 100 % logical pattern, I mean what if they waited for lets say 3 months just because the screens were delayed. Woudn't it be good to be able to sell both iPhone 5 and iMac the same day? Of course it would be :)

I hope some of you guys can be a bit positive on this one.

Kind regards Rickard

2. Johnf1285, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I feel positive about it. I believe we will see an update hit the online Apple Store any Tuesday within the next several weeks, but before October's end.

We will see an update from Mac Rumors posting an image of the label of the box hours before it's official release on the online Apple Store and Apple retail stores when they open that day (they'll get them Monday afternoon with managers instructed not to open the packages yada, yada).

Or we will just get a post that says iMac's have been updated with x y z and we can all finally rejoice, followed by posting about how our new screens have ghosting, dead pixels, yellow tinting, etc.)

3. rickard1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is great that you're positive that is what we need right now. The interesting part will of course be what kind of models we can expect, what the specs are and of course the price :)

4. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I didn´t expect them to be released on the iphone 5 event. I neither expected them today, since its too close to the release of the iphone.
    But from now on every tuesday seems likely. Maybe next tuesday is a bit unlikely, too close to the iphone release and also they want to keep the iphone 5 starter page for the apple.com site a bit longer before replacing it with something else.
    So, I´m guessing 2nd of october. then they´ll keep the imac on the front page for a couple of weeks before the ipad mini which then will be the showoff main page throughout christmas. This seems like a probable to me.

But the sooner the better of course. It seems very likely it will happen soon though, since all stores are out of the imacs, pretty much, now....it´s no doubt the current model is out of production.

5. G4DP macrumors 65816

The fact that retail staff told you a new iMac will be released soon should have told you everything.

Retail staff know nothing. They don't know until the stock arrives at the back door the night before.

This limitation on stock is also horse hockey. If it were true, there would not be a single iMac available anywhere in the world. People have been claiming stock shortages for over 2 months. Means nothing.

Everything you linked is nothing more than another rumour.

6. sucramdi macrumors member

If anyone is interested I can ask at my local apple store just for the sake of comparison.

7. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Your local Apple store is trained to dodge the question.

8. rickard1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well atleast it indicates that it is going to be really "soon" they advised me to wait and said that they hoped I woudn't be disappointed.

Of course a low stock doesn't mean everything but the thing is that, if you look at the market you will realize that it is important for them to do an update since there are many people that are counting days and will switch out apple for other brands. Of course their customers are loyal but that doesn't mean that people will be waiting forever to get a new fresh iMac.

And also there are some big differences between iphone 5 release and this.
    iPhone 5 is so big that if you work as a customer support you will get questions every single day, which shows that this product is excatly what the custumers want.

I think there won't be any event, I vote for a silent update and perhabs everyone should hope it will be that way because that means it can occur almost anytime without notice : )

9. richest macrumors regular

10. gnrredphoenix macrumors member

ive got to say, its really nice having at least one thread where everyone isn't so negative about the imac situation. I feel like everytime i come onto these forums to see where the new imac is, people are all flipping out and complaining about how apple is screwing them over. THAT IS NOT HELPING!! We are all just as frustrated.

Anyway, I really hope its in the next couple of weeks. I can't see there being no imac even by the end of October. My guess is Oct 2, 9, or maybe even 16. I hope by this time next month everyone has the machine theyve been waiting for :)

11. rickard1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Be positive instead!

12. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

This is the piece that puzzles me. In the first place, I don't imagine that the majority of Apple Store customers would be avoiding the iMac. I think the people waiting for the new model are very much in the minority. Also, it doesn't sound very professional of the Apple Store employee to say things like this to a customer.

I remain hopeful, but I'm afraid this thread hasn't increased my hope any.

13. DisMyMac macrumors 65816

DisMyMac

Different culture. Not in every country is it normal to lie for your boss. :eek:

14. Nandifix macrumors 6502

I like your thinking although its more likely that the iMac will only be on the front of the "Mac" section of the store. It will also probably be shared with the RMBP.

15. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

Some of us are just so sick and tired of waiting seriously. But I'm still not giving up I know it's gonna be some point in October but man every Tuesday that passes by is such a disappointment ugh. But like op said at least we know it'd happen very very soon it just sucks since we've been hearing the "soon" word for far too long but what else can we do

16. rickard1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Remember! It might be tomorrow. It will be really funny to see what you would say:) I think Apple will do the unpredicted:D

17. Nandifix macrumors 6502

Yeah im in the same situation. At least we have other people in the same position otherwise it would be alot worse waiting:)

18. 22mac macrumors member

It would be funny if it was just on the store like BOOM new iMac.

19. rickard1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know but think about what I said. Maybe there was a huge delay and they just surprise us. Trust me when I say this: it will be soon many will criticise it anyways:)

20. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

I think apple is just waiting for that back to school thing to be expire because image how many more people would buy a new imac and would get thatn100 iTunes card I'm starting to think this what apple is doing. Lol but I know it won't happen this month it's just to soon to be right next to the iPhone.

21. cyrways macrumors member

I hope you're right. I think it sounds logical.

22. rickard1989 thread starter macrumors newbie

Back 2 school offer is not that much of a discount and who knows about the pricing. Maybe new model will be only mid and high end;)

23. doobybiggs macrumors 6502

doobybiggs

so far this image has been pretty close to accurate ... minus the iMac guesses. I am assuming they wont be too far off

Attached Files:

24. uptownnyc macrumors 6502

How do you figure? The only thing that chart has gotten right so-far was the new iPhone, iPod Touch, and the Nano .... which everybody already knew was happening then.

25. Roller macrumors 68020

Apple has a 14-day return policy. If they were to release a new iMac right after the back-to-school promotion ended on Sept. 21, they'd probably have many more returns to contend with than usual. So, I'd say at least two, and probably three or four weeks after the 21st, which would be the 3rd or 4th week in October.