New imac, WoooW!! nooot really...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by alam, Apr 28, 2008.

?

what will you do?

Poll closed May 29, 2008.
  1. throw or sell the old imac and buy the new imac

24 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. upgrade some option (eg. graphic card, strage, memory... ect)

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. My old imac is great for me, no need to waist any money

63 vote(s)
    63.6%
  4. i hate mac's because there better than pc in everything, lool :)

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. alam macrumors regular

alam

i think some of us is disappointed with the new imac improvment :(
    what i've just seen in the new imac is just speed improvment and graphic changes, what i really was expecting to see is:-
    1_ bigger storage.
    2_ change in the design, at least a bigger screen size (28-32 inch) so i can replace my tv in my room.

so why should buy the new imac, i can just wait until they sell the upgraded graphic card just like what they did to the macbook pro, and buy a new storage :confused:

there is no good damn reason to buy and waist my money for the new imac :confused:

does any body agrees with me here?? :p hope that i'm not the only one who thinks in this whay???

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

1TB is still the biggest drive you can get, what do you expect Apple to do about this?

The current design is a recent one, they've done a nice little bump in speed and graphics, and dropped the price in some places.

What more do you want?

You can't upgrade the graphics yourself on an iMac either, so good luck with that :rolleyes:

3. tizod macrumors member

My only disappointment is in the fact that the only real "upgrade" is to the top of the line model.

Even if I had waited instead of buying the 20" refurb I would not have jumped to the 24" top end model.

The difference between the 20" 2.4 of old and the new 20" is negligible if that making the refurb an even more attractive buy IMO.

4. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

lool man 1 tb is great, but they should at least change the 24 inch(1799us dollar) to 750 Gb, and the big fellow (2199 us dollar 750gb jumps to 1tb :cool: ) now were talking :cool: and if ur thinking about buy the 1tb it's gonna coast money :( it's not for free u know :)

and i'm not angry for apple i'm just disappointed because apple always surprise us with there new product, for example: iphone, macbook air :eek:
    but the new imac is not that surprise, not like what they always do :(

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

The iMac isn't a new product, it's an update. You can't possibly expect a full redesign every time Intel hand them a speed bump.

6. Queso macrumors G4

Firstly you waste money, not waist it, which sort of means you wear it on a belt or something ;)

My iMac is from the generation just replaced. This, like all the Macs I've owned before, means it has a good few years worth of use in it yet. So I'll keep my money invested and let others boost AAPL profits :D

7. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I wasn't expecting any more than has been given. In fact I was expecting less than has been delivered. So put it this way my credit card has been used today.

8. gleaner macrumors newbie

well...well...well...

In a way I am glad I didn't wait for this upgrade and got a 20' refurb 2.4GHz instead.....

I am a bit disappointed that Apple didn't really upgrade the other models other than the 24'

9. tizod macrumors member

DOH! Anyone else notice that they dropped the price on the refurbs another $200?

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

exactly.

this is a speedbump, not an overhaul. no need to redesign something that doesn't need it. and for a minor update its pretty solid. for those waiting or for those about to purchase this is great, but no need for most people to update

11. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It's an update. There was a new iPhone when they increased the storage to 16GB. If there was a redesign Steve would show it off to the press.

12. PCNot macrumors newbie

I am happy with the upgrade in Video and Processor. This is what I was waiting for so, my order is in :)]

To me, it was worth the wait! :D

13. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Redesign? For what? There have been no architectural changes that really warrant a redesign.

Apple may not even redesign with the next major Intel chip Nehalem when it hits later on this year. I don't see many sweeping changes that need to be made anyways.

14. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I wish there were a wait and see option. We really don't know which screen the new iMac's ship with right now.

Other than that, I think it's a nice upgrade. Not enough to get me to see my current iMac though.

15. Bokes macrumors 6502

Why is almost every upgrade greeted with posts of disappointment?
    Has there ever been an update that's been received with universal joy?

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

no. this is impossible. the universe would simply implode on itself

17. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Can't please all of the people all of the time. Best you can go for is some off the people some of the time.

18. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Apple can't please everybody. There is always gonna be people who don't like a certain thing (ex. aluminum or glossy screens). People are already complaining about the 8800GS being an outdated chip, even though it kills the standard 2600HD.

It's just life. All I know is that the update was more than I expected.

19. MatWith1T macrumors newbie

Already ordered mine - but then again I am upgrading from my 1.2 ghz PowerPC PowerMac, so 'how large' a bump it got from the last generation is kinda a moot point for me.

I was waiting for a GPU upgrade and it's here, so I am pulling the trigger.

20. nick9191 macrumors 68040

No theres always some idiot that wants a quad core, quad sli, blu ray macbook pro, for under $2k, and 1" thin.

21. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

How much is a 7 month old 24" iMac @ 2.4Ghz & 3GB worth? :rolleyes:

22. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

well the poll judges that most of the users choose to stick to there old imac and not throw it away :eek:

if there was a really big difference then they would chosen the first option: "buy the new imac and throw the old imac"

am i right about this........
    i'm not saying that the new imac sucks, nooooooo it really cool, i can finally play some really good games with it :rolleyes: , but it's not worth to pay 1799$ or if i want the 8800gs nvidia then i should pay 150$ so it's 1949$ and without nvidia crysis game will sucks :p
    i can keep my old imac and stick to my xbox, and here i'm, didn't waist a dollar for it :D

i'm i right or wrong???? :rolleyes:

know that what i call a worth to buy :D
    good luck my friend ;) but for me, i think i'm gonna stick to my imac 24 inch 2.4 ghz, until maybe in the future after 4 to 5 years a new processor will be evented :rolleyes:

i hope that they will call it the apple inside processor :D lloooooll

23. Queso macrumors G4

I can't speak for everyone, but for me you're definitely wrong. I amortise my computer purchases as depreciable assets, so each one has to last me four years whatever else comes out in the meantime. So the only way I'd get one of these new babies is if my current one developed a fault and AppleCare replaced it.

Besides, always chasing the latest and greatest leads to repeated disappointment. MatWith1T has the right idea. Upgrade when you realise you need to, not just because you want to.

24. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Did you check here for a price on the iMac ? :rolleyes:

25. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

My old 2006 iMac is fine... I don't need to "waist" any money on a new one. And what were people expecting? They upped the CPU speed, upped the FSB speed, and introduced a better 24" model.