stefman

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Nice update! The iMacs are looking good!!

Now, I really think we need PB updates next week in Paris (or else SJ will have nothing special to say).

Comment

Ti_Pousin

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
Canada
I would have tough they add the 1 Mb cache since the G5 is out to add some punch. And damn the GForce MX4 is still there what the heck!

Not impressive at all.

Comment

potato

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2003
New iPods as well...

New 20 and 40 gig iPods
"edit"
Someone beat me to the bunch. Sorry for the double post

Comment

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Compared specs?

Could someone post last model's spec and new ones side by side?

Comment

LOZ23

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2003
POWERBOOKS?

Ok, let me get this straight. The emacs are as fast as the powerbooks (pre school machine)and the imacs are now faster than the powerbooks....... Don't get it, can someone explain:confused:

Comment

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Audible

Hi,

anyone heart about taht audible before ? Is this new or ist it just me that I haven't recognized it before ?

Anyone who knows ?

Comment

kjwebb

macrumors regular
May 19, 2003
Australia
I must admit that Apple were a bit sneaky in releasing the new iMacs and iPods

BTW. Apple Australia haven't updated the site yet even though the Apple Store Australia went down aswell. Good thing I don't have the money or I would be complaining (maybe tomorrow the updated site will be there)

Comment

MitjaP

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2003
It won't run faster that the PB

It won't run faster that the PB. Do you wonder why?

It has no level 3 memory!!!! And PB does!

If I predict the new PB, I'll sey there will be 1 Ghz and 1,25 Ghz, just like the old iMacs and PowerBooks stil are.

Comment

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Bluetooth still only an option on lower 2?

With all the wireless mouse/keyboards rumors I was expecting that any updated products would come with built-in bluetooth. Only the custom-built iMac has it.

Sure, you can have it "custom-built" in the two lower ones too, but these orders often take longer to ship and are harder to find on shelf in non Apple mac stores.

Comment

Lanbrown

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Originally posted by Ti_Pousin
I would have tough they add the 1 Mb cache since the G5 is out to add some punch. And damn the GForce MX4 is still there what the heck!

Not impressive at all.

They took the original 17", added in a faster processor and put a 15" screen on it. There is the new low end. One rumor has said the iMac has had a USB 2.0 for sometime now. They added a new GPU to the 17" though.

Cache is expensive; they would have to raise the price.

Comment

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
The 17inch iMac is now capable of running Doom3 pretty well. Although the iMacs still can't compete with PCs (in terms of speed) at the price Apple is charging for them. What would have been better would be Radeon 9600 in 17in and Geforce FX5200 in the 15in.

Comment

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
Cool.

A modest update- pleasant but not groundbreaking. That's good for me. At least my current 1 GHz iMac isn't obsolete.

Someone touched on this earlier: Steve must be planning to introduce PowerBooks next week. I mean, Apple wouldn't release new products before a keynote and then not introduce anything during the keynote, would they?

Methinks there's something rotten in the state of Cupertino.

Squire

Comment

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
With the update the 15" is a much better buy now. A little better video card, bigger hard drive, 1Ghz processor, 133Mhz bus, DDR ram, USB 2.0. The last 15" had none of this for the same price. The eMac 800 is the last desktop Mac under 1Ghz. I would expect in the next month of so we will see a simular eMac upgrade so we should not have any Mac desktops under a Ghz anymore. Wow that took a few years...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.