Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
I think that the iPhone '4G' will start at £399 (for pay as you go); here in the UK, I don't think we've ever gotten a price-drop on one of Apple's flagship products, and the iPhone is Apple's only "soon-to-be-refreshed" flagship device.

I arrived at this conclusion by reviewing the fact that Apple like prices ending in '99', and, here in the UK, it is generally rounded up to the next hundred due to insane costs to do business here.

For you US folk, I think you'll be getting Verizon soon, or some other carriers. If AT&T had the slightest doubt that they would lose their exclusivity, then they wouldn't raise their prices. I'd say they're trying to squeeze every last drop of cash out of you poor souls before it's too late for them.

Just my 2 cents.
:apple:

skyehill

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Thats awesome that you got a sneak preview to what is in the next iPhone OS.

I looked at the Froyo features. Not really all that impressed. Hotspot was the onlything that looked interesting...but I seriously can't see using my phone as a hot spot. Can you even talk on your phone and be a hotspot at the same time. How ridiculous is that as a feature.

Yes, you can. And imagine that, it's only the features iPhone OS doesn't have that are the least interesting to folks here. Funny how that works. I want wait to hear how absolutely magical video conferencing is on the new iPhone.

harley3k

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2008
How can we make this thing even more breakable?

Make the back out of glass too.

Awesome.

That'll be the next Apple Design Revolution - lose all but a sliver of the aluminum and just go Glass all the way round... iMacs, entirely of glass... Macbooks glass. iPods and iPads, all glass.

Then use transparent glass and you'll have a throwback to the first translucent iMacs; only more breakable!

Awesome.

jambobowron

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2009
Yes, you can. And imagine that, it's only the features iPhone OS doesn't have that are the least interesting to folks here. Funny how that works. I want wait to hear how absolutely magical video conferencing is on the new iPhone.

what are you trying to argue here? that were all fanboys because we don't share your opinion on phones, software and features?

maus

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2010
I'd originally decided to get the white, but seeing the back now, the camera really stands out. I'll probably have to hold it and see it in person, now, before I can decide.

UK-MacAddict

macrumors 65816
May 11, 2010
I think that the iPhone '4G' will start at £399 (for pay as you go); here in the UK, I don't think we've ever gotten a price-drop on one of Apple's flagship products, and the iPhone is Apple's only "soon-to-be-refreshed" flagship device.

I'm expecting it to be £500 at least unlocked from the Apple store here in the UK.

I only upgraded to the 3GS in February so I have to buy the new model at full price. Though I will be getting £320 from selling my 3GS to go towards the cost.

As for the colour. If it aint white, it aint right :D

Hurry up and be Monday already :)

ermir4444

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2009
Toronto On
This kinda looks like light green more than white. It could be the shade too but id definitely appreciate if the next iphone gets different colours like the ipod nano. It would give people more choices and id go for the dark blue or maybe a hot rod red...

rlmccormick

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Its strange having a cell phone which doesnt have simcard:confused:
How can they operate then and what about if you are in abroad?

For the most part if you are a verizon or sprint customer you will not be able to use your phone abroad.

jbuck777

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
The Great White North
These leaks are ridiculous. Apple needs to assemble prototypes in house. There is a freaking leak at Foxconn.

Im sure apple does most of its prototyping in house. Their design labs are fully equipped....CNC machines, the works. But without a doubt, they have to outsource a bit. They cant manufacture glass parts or lcd panels, or microchips etc.

I too believe there is a leak somewhere in the chain. I guess Apple's secrecy cant quite hold up to the sheer desire to uncover their secrets by the tech community. :rolleyes:

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
For you US folk, I think you'll be getting Verizon soon, or some other carriers. If AT&T had the slightest doubt that they would lose their exclusivity, then they wouldn't raise their prices. I'd say they're trying to squeeze every last drop of cash out of you poor souls before it's too late for them.

Just my 2 cents.

Do people think what they say before saying this?

These plans only affect new customers or customers re-signing for new plans. therefore, they can't wring out more money from you, only chase you away by raising prices (and let's not forget, for many if they are smart they are actually lowering prices. I'd be one of those that would be better off with the new plan but I really dislike worrying about a cap even though I probably never would reach it). Therefore I'd say it would be more proof they have kept exclusivity if they aren't too worried about chasing customers away.

Though honestly, I don't think it's indicative of either. I think AT&T is probably saying that since they can't seem to keep people from tethering and using way more data than their system can handle (I bet when they offered unlimited it was on the idea that people would only use their mobile phones and even with a few using a whole ton of data that their system could handle it since most people wouldn't be using quite thta much). I mean if it wasn't about trying to limit what people use on the system, they most likely would have offered unlimited but maybe for a *much* higher cost. I honestly think this is more AT&T admitting their system just can't handle people having unlimited use (at least if it's not unlimited on just mobile phones and not laptops).

I do agree with people though that it's stupid since they only offer limits to insist that you have to pay extra to tether. At the point you are paying for a certain amount of data usage, I don't see how they can argue how you use that data is important (You won't be using more either way).

Garion

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2006
Denmark, Europe
I think that all of these photographs are fake... and I mean every "leaked" iPhone '4G' photograph.

Why would Apple want to break the consistencies relating to the physical design of their products? Look at the notebook line-up; they look very similar.

Also, look at the iPad and iPhone (current); they also look similar.

Why would they immediately, and abruptly, halt this consistency in design?

Which consistency in design would this break? Have you seen a MacBook Pro lately? Or the latest iMacs? Or the iPad, for that matter?
This design is very much in line with Apple's recent design language. Out with plastic and touchy-feely curves, in with glass, aluminium and sharper corners.

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
How can we make this thing even more breakable?

Make the back out of glass too.

Awesome.

That'll be the next Apple Design Revolution - lose all but a sliver of the aluminum and just go Glass all the way round... iMacs, entirely of glass... Macbooks glass. iPods and iPads, all glass.

Then use transparent glass and you'll have a throwback to the first translucent iMacs; only more breakable!

Awesome.
If the back is glass, then it must be so for a reason. Added functionality/second touchscreen, perhaps?

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
If the back is glass, then it must be so for a reason. Added functionality/second touchscreen, perhaps?
The back doesn't look much like a touchscreen in the photos. The teardowns of the leaked prototype units also show no evidence of a touchscreen sensor back.

Maybe it's a mostly aesthetic choice? We are talking about Apple after all.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Black cars in Japan are historically associated with the yakuza (mafia).

Just sayin'.

White is considered a "clean" color in Japan, and there's no aesthetic value more important there than cleanliness.

;)

When I lived in Japan for three years I had a black Honda. Maybe this is why I could scores will the local women so well. :eek:

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
There was a patent floating around online from Apple about the back of the iPhone has some touch sensitivity for more input commands.
It should be pointed out that Apple certainly does not intend to take all of its patents to market.

Many patents that do make it to market take years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.