Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Salacion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
There is one in post #33 of this thread.

I skimmed over it and can't believe I missed it. Thanks.

I don't know, I don't think it's too bad. I wanted a change in both iCal and the Address Book, so I'm not complaining. I prefer the one in the previous build however.

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
I won't get a chance to get this installed for a few days but one of the things I noticed about the new version of Safari was that if you dragged a picture from Safari onto your desktop or a folder that it would create a link rather than downloading the picture to that folder. Can anyone with DP2 confirm this is still the case?

Nope... that has been fixed !!!1 Now it works properly and you get to drag a picture!

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
Yea it's a little buggy right now. You can delete apps the same as as before with some added frustration.

1. Press and hold, CMD+OPT+CTRL (so they all wiggle)
2. Next press and hold one app until they stop wiggling.
3. Now click the apps you want once to delete them.
4. Make sure you hold those 3 keys throughout all steps.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is adding apps manually. When I drag them to the LaunchPad icon, nothing happens.

Thanks SO much... you made my day!

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Questions:

Is "developer preview 2" the same upgrade that shows up with Software Update (using the developer preview 1)?

That was only about 2mb in size -- downloaded and installed in a matter of a few minutes.

After installation, it shows up as "build 11A390".

Is this the actual "dp2", or does the whole thing have to be downloaded and re-installed?

antmarobel

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2009
Brasília
Look at this:

ScreenShot2011-03-31at131303.png

Sometimes when I open any Finder window it does not show the Side Bar...Anyone having the same "experience"?...Any solution?;)

Seryph

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
Look at this:

ScreenShot2011-03-31at131303.png

Sometimes when I open any Finder window it does not show the Side Bar...Anyone having the same "experience"?...Any solution?;)

Sadly can't help (sorry) but is there any way you could post the background image of mt fuji on its own? Its lovely :)

antmarobel

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2009
Brasília
Ok folks!!! Now try to manage your favorites in "Favorites Bar"!!! Try to change their places and see what happen!!! Pure madness!!!:D:D

antmarobel

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2009
Brasília
They rearrange themselves at their own will! If I drag one to the right of the other, for instance, another one, completely different, comes to the place where I intended to place the first one...:eek:

Akme

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
Anyone else having their menu bar go black regularly? Have to switch into Launchpad (or similar) to get it back to normal. It's often accompanied by the fan spinning up, so I'm assuming it's some sort of issue related to graphics switching/drivers.

Rubydoppler

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
USA
Can anyone comment on under the hood performance improvements? CPU and RAM usage at idle?

Preview 1 raped my Air

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
THe graphite color in appearance is now available and when you press the mute button the speaker window has a line over it like IOS.

Last edited:

Xero910

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
Questions:

Is "developer preview 2" the same upgrade that shows up with Software Update (using the developer preview 1)?

That was only about 2mb in size -- downloaded and installed in a matter of a few minutes.

After installation, it shows up as "build 11A390".

Is this the actual "dp2", or does the whole thing have to be downloaded and re-installed?
I'm guessing the software update was to patch the bug that prevented so many of us from downloading Lion in the first place. You need to go to the developer website, request a new redeem code and download it again from the App Store. Then you need to reinstall the whole thing again. As inconvenient as this is, there is likely a purpose. I highly doubt Apple would ditch Software Update for this, considering the install process is 3-4x longer.

ssn637

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Switzerland
Can we perform a clean installation with DP2 or do we have to first install DP1? I just deleted the original Lion installation image from my backup drive, thinking I could restore the DP2 image to an external drive and boot from there. But it looks more like this requires Lion DP1. How do I download DP1 again from the AppStore if I need it? :(

OK, finally got it to work. First tried converting the .app installation file to a .dmg and then restoring that to a flash drive, but Disk Utility couldn't scan the file. Then I ran the program, and upon restarting copied the installation image located in the temporary partition to a USB flash drive, which is now bootable.

I'd recommend a clean installation rather than updating 10.6.7 since this poses less problems with program compatibility. For example, Cool Book didn't work after the update but works fine following a clean installation of Lion.

baddj

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2009
The color really means that much to you?

The top of it just does not look like it was meant to be a desktop app. makes me think of all the windows software you get how they over do the look of it.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
The top of it just does not look like it was meant to be a desktop app. makes me think of all the windows software you get how they over do the look of it.

I wonder if they'll give an option to change it. Or they could possibly scrap the new look completely if all of the developers give negative feedback. It personally doesn't bother me, but I do think they could have made it look at least a bit better.

Raska

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2007
NJ
A few things I've noticed in playing around with Dev 2:

You can now switch between blue and graphite in the 'Appearance' setting of the Appearance pref pane.

Full-screen Safari now hides all tabs and the bookmarks bar unless you move the cursor to the top of the screen.

Mail now auto-hides account and RSS information and just displays the inbox and message view.

Instead of the Menu bar sliding over top and away when moving to/from full-screen app to desktop, the full-screen app stretches itself in sync with the menu bar.

If I notice anything else I'll post it up.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Is Safari still buggy as feck? Can you drag images out and not have them be .weblocs? Is google maps working properly without tile distortions/not loading?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.