new instinct adds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alejovh1, Aug 22, 2008.

1. alejovh1 macrumors regular

2. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I think I just died a little inside....
    That was the DUMBEST, most IDIOTIC commercial I've ever seen.

EDIT: Oh dear god, there's more than just the one?

3. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I don't understand what they mean that the Instinct has access to 5x the 3G network as iPhone. If the Instinct works anything like the three Blackjacks I went through, they can keep their '5x access' as those ^%&*#s dropped calls like crazy.

4. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

As I've said time and time again. What wins it for the iPhone is the UI. Hands down. The iPhone pretty much has a full fledge operating system on it and other phone have cheap badly coded ugly looking slow operating systems. Apple will always be ahead of any other phone in that market, Sure it doesn't have video calling, sure it costs a lot more than most phones (AT&T's fault. And it's not bad for most people living outside the US) sure it doesn't have voice navigated GPS, sure it doesn't have live tv, sure it doesn't have voice calling, sure it can't record video, sure you can't remove the battery. Infact, the instinct could lick my balls and I would still want an iPhone. Not because I'm an Apple fanboy, but because it's such a great phone despite all the features its missing.

5. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

are you SURE about not being a fan boy? j/k

really though, i agree with the fact that the UI is way beyond any other phone, but it is very disappointing that this phone is missing a few features.

6. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

How do they get away with saying that the instinct has 5 times the 3G coverage as the iPhone? I think the WHOLE WORLD is a bit larger than the small US coverage that sprint has...

EDIT: all of those were pretty sad, seems to me like they are acting like little kids... This is worse than some of the new Get a Mac ads.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

those are quite old ads. i was looking at the instict a month ago and these were there

i agree it about the ui even though the instict looks really nice

8. dancavallaro macrumors regular

I think the Instinct's UI is almost laughable. Like in the "voice calling" video, when the dude says "Call Michael", the screen that comes up is just a plain white screen with "Michael - Mobile" in a tiny font, and then when the call starts, the in-call UI is atrocious also. I don't care if the iPhone did nothing but make calls - the UI is amazing and trumps all of my other petty complaints about it.

9. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

I agree, there are MANY things that the iPhone could do that the Instinct doesn't. But I did think the battery one was funny where the iPhone was laid down to look like a coffin, that was cute.

10. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

11. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Pretty funny ads, and for the most part completely accurate.

Good to see Apple on the end of some media bashing for a change, after years of Hi, I'm a Mac ads.

12. Espo macrumors 6502

I, too, think that it is good to see Apple get bashed. I think that this may motivate Apple to provide the iPhone with more competative appls, such as video capturing. I really wish this was on the phone, more than MMS. Yet again, I think by competition, Apple may be motivated to provide an answer. Unless Apple responds by making an iPhone that can make me breakfast, then I will be impressed:p

13. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

commercials are so true. sure the iphone has a good UI....but, ummmm.....THAT'S IT. the iphone brings no value to the consumer other than linking the consumer to apps such as itunes and the app store to spend more money.

where is the great 3g reception? the tv? the turn-by-turn gps? video recording? voice dial? replaceable battery?

oh, but we got the app store so we can spend more money. the itune app so we can...spend more money. and now.....a SCIENTIFIC calculator to calculate how often the phone crashes and can't hold a 3g connection.

yah!

14. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

and so sprint breaks one of the biggest rules of advertising
    never, EVER give free publicity to a competitor

ever seen the blockbuster ads about their mail service?
    the packet ALMOST looks like netflix, but doesnt say netflix, and they never mention netflix in the ad. because thats free advertisement for a competitor

even apple, who comes close to breaking this rule with get a mac ads, never actually mentions a pc making company. they just say the words pc. (saying microsoft office doesnt count, because that is a feature of a mac, that it runs microsoft office)

15. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

use both phones, then form your opinion
    im willing to bet you havnt given the iPhone and the instinct both 1 month go's

so hold off on bashing either of them until you do

16. acvball92 macrumors regular

acvball92

i laughed at the voice command one, the tumble weed was priceless.

i just wish Apple would go ahead and just release these features so that everyone can get the best out of the phone.:(

17. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I prefer my iPhone :)
    (Click to load larger versions)

18. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

Some of the ads were a bit dumb, but most of those are pretty accurate. I also like how they used real phones and not cg mock ups. Plus I like that you can see the date each ad was filmed via the iPhone's Calendar icon. :D

19. Inukami macrumors 6502

Lol it's so dumb.

Instinct has 5 times more 3G coverage than iPhone

SMALL PRINTS: COVERAGE NOT AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE.

20. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I wonder if Apple will counter these...

"Hello I'm an iPhone and I'm Instinct!"

PLUS... i love the thing that they put at the bottom "with $100 MIR"

[​IMG]

21. H macrumors newbie

Intriguing but very stupid ad. This ad itself proves samsung instinct is inferior to the iPhone 3G and is the fact we all know. To me, instinct is just-another-phone which people will forget as soon as newer hardware technology (such as higher resolution camera, bigger LCD screen) is implemented to the upcoming phones.

22. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Am I the only one who liked the ads? Jeez, fanboys cant take a joke. The ads are cute, the iPhone is still better despite the truths behind the ads, why can't we just accept that without being so negative :D

23. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

According to them it is lol

EDIT: As someone who switched from Sprint, I can vouch that the AT&T 3G network is faster than the Sprint network at least here in Fort Lauderdale.

24. Haruk macrumors member

25. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

that phone is straight up ugly...it looks so weak next to the iphone...I love how the show the iphone with no apps:D