Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atreyu25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2005
I have two clips for the new Intel Core Solo iBooks (name change?)

These clips were filmed with a hidden digital camera in my pocket during a recent product demonstration. Sorry about the poor quality. But considering the circumstances, I think they are decent.

http://www.macest.com/ibook.zip

Thank you to Neometric Software for hosting.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
So they've reversed the Apple logo on the iBooks...wow.

"High level product demonstration" in some guy's living room...double wow.

Atreyu25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2005
WildCowboy said:
So they've reversed the Apple logo on the iBooks...wow.

"High level product demonstration" in some guy's living room...double wow.

I could care less if you believe the validity of these. And yes, the Apple logo is reversed. Pardon my camera.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
that guy picking one up wasn't exactly dressed like someone at a business meeting. Can you provide any additional information that would support the validity of this?

Atreyu25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2005
QCassidy352 said:
that guy picking one up wasn't exactly dressed like someone at a business meeting. Can you provide any additional information that would support the validity of this?

You haven't been around Apple people much, have you. No dress clothes ;)

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
It looks fake, Why would they switch the apple logo around? So that when you use you ibook while you are driving the people in they front will see the apple logo and know you have a mac?

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
Bravo to who ever made this. It is a amazing feat for somone to be able to take a video witha terrible webcam out of focus.... not even steady. Have there webcam mirrored.

As well take a picture of only the backs of them? which proves nothing at all.

have a guy that obviously is not a apple spokes person or anything close to it pick one up. as well not show the screen, possibly showing the processor speed and so on..

Bravo ... just Bravo

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
mad jew said:
Sweet. It looks like we'll be getting 64MB GPUs after all. :cool:

Did I see DVI--out on those things? Pretty sure I did. Looks like MagSafe is carried over too if my eyes don't deceive me.

Or it could be the fact that that video proves nothing. I reckon I could make a convincing video for the OP by using my digicam in the dark and moving some white bits of cardboard around.

Hang on, looks like there's 4 USB 2.0 ports too, you know they're USB 2.0 cause it's engraved on the side above the ports.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
It's like a car wreck...

You know you shouldn't look, you don't really want to look...but you still DO and afterwards you're pissed.

Damn you for seducing me into wasting my time.

Hey, can I have the next demo product expo in MY living room?

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
i want my 4 minutes of life back i spent on this. stupid tempting posts.

ps- i'm in CANCUN mexico in an all inclusive resort, and was very happy to find they have free wireless internet, so I can still waste loads of time on forums.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
runplaysleeprun said:
i want my 4 minutes of life back i spent on this. stupid tempting posts.

ps- i'm in CANCUN mexico in an all inclusive resort, and was very happy to find they have free wireless internet, so I can still waste loads of time on forums.
where did you get 4 minutes, the video combined was like 45 seconds! :p

verb

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2004
The question I think we're all left with is:

Why do they only put 256MB of RAM in the base model's stock configuraton? I thought Rosetta required even more RAM than normal so you'd think the Core Solo iBooks would START at 512MB.

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
That's cool at the end when Steve Jobs picks it up the 13" wide screen with built in iSight. Must have been hot because he normally wears jeans and a turtle neck doesn't he? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.