New Intel sticker logos

plinden

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
So, for those of you upset about the thought of "Intel Inside" stickers on your Macs, Intel have a new set of logos. Note, they've apparently trademarked the word "Core".

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
They don't look as "loud" as the current one's do. But I still wouldn't want them on a Mac. I wonder why they went with a different look with the word "Intel". I thought maybe they changed their logo, but checked their site and it's still the same. Probably just for the stickers I guess.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
tech4all said:
They don't look as "loud" as the current one's do. But I still wouldn't want them on a Mac. I wonder why they went with a different look with the word "Intel". I thought maybe they changed their logo, but checked their site and it's still the same. Probably just for the stickers I guess.
You don't suppose they'd change the logo on their site when they release a new logo? ;)

And here's what Intel's logo used to look like long ago:

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Just to **** with all the people that worry about a sticker on their computer, I hope Intel requires Apple to laser etch the Intel logo on the computer (and make it as big as the Apple logo). :D

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
mac-er said:
Just to **** with all the people that worry about a sticker on their computer, I hope Intel requires Apple to laser etch the Intel logo on the computer (and make it as big as the Apple logo). :D
HA, not funny....

I know when i get a new Mac after going through the start up movie i will be reaching for the goo-gone to remove that POS sticker :D

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Funny, the only thing the intel logo had going for it, was that stupid half fallen "e"... Now it has nothing :rolleyes:

Core™ my ass.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
iGary said:
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little™.
Again...??? Is it something that happens every time you read the word Intel, or just when the subject gets onto Mactels...? :p

As to those Core™ logos, they look really fake... :rolleyes:

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Again...??? Is it something that happens every time you read the word Intel, or just when the subject gets onto Mactels...? :p

As to those Core™ logos, they look really fake... :rolleyes:
Just Intel, really.

I loves me some PPC chips.

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2004
Here
i still think "the swoosh" is the most over used trend in modern design. Come on intel you could be more original....

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
blaskillet4 said:
Funny, the only thing the intel logo had going for it, was that stupid half fallen "e"... Now it has nothing :rolleyes:
That at part, at the least, made it stand out somewhat from other logos. Not anymore. The old one was better, IMO.

plinden

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
You know, when I think about this, I may have jumped the gun on this one - I was reporting it via Anandtech, who reported it from some French site that I can't be bothered trying to translate, and that may be totally unreliable.

Anyone with a little experience with Photoshop could have put these together easily.

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
Ah man, ugly ass stickers! Although I am very glad that intel doesn't require that they're put on their systems, PC companies just put them on there to make them look prettier (which, you know, says a little something about PC design).

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
No longer logging into MR
Why is everyone so upset about Apple using Intel? It's an architecture, and Apple must be able to do more with it than what they currently have or else they wouldn't have made the switch. Accept the change.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
belvdr said:
Why is everyone so upset about Apple using Intel? It's an architecture, and Apple must be able to do more with it than what they currently have or else they wouldn't have made the switch. Accept the change.
We might accept it, eventually, but we sure as heck doesn't have to like it...!

plinden

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
belvdr said:
It's not that that's upsetting some people. It's the stickers that may be attached to the computers.

Here's a related link about Dell and the stickers: link