New iOS 7 things I hate

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by abz1981, Sep 19, 2013.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Is it me. Or is it really annoying when you press apps they just jump out at you and when closing apps too. Also when on safari I really hate how at the bottom of a web page the little dock keeps appearing and going. The section where you can go forward and backward pages and those other options if you know what I mean. Also with the keyboard it feels like I am going to type the wrong letters it just seems to thin the fonts and safari actually seems slower to me. :(
    Guess just have to try and adapt to change with this.

2. PrometheusGeek macrumors regular

It's you. Now be quiet.

3. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

Haha had to have a rant. Guess I will get used to it lol

4. zipa macrumors 65816

Yes, the animations are annoying, here's to hoping that a future update will allow for disabling them. The bottom toolbar in Safari disappears when you scroll down and reappears when you click the top bar or flick the page back upwards. I could do without the reappearance on flicking the page but other than that it is quite logical.

5. vistadude macrumors 65816

They should make Johny Ive and Tim Cook sign a letter of apology for putting out this garbage OS. This took all the efficiencies of iPhone OS and threw them out the window. Everything takes extra swipes, the keyboard is terrible, and they got rid of features like weather from notification center, facebook, twitter. They keypad for dialing numbers of phone numbers has smaller buttons which require you to actually look at the screen rather then do it from memory because there are big gaps between buttons (wasted space). The dock looks like they forgot to add wallpaper to it.

This is why software companies don't put liberal arts people in charge of software. This might be worse than Palm's Folio. Everything is flat just like windows 8 (copycat).

6. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

Glad am not the only one. It does suck. Hope they sort it out. And get us an option to disable the stupid animations and other things we don't like.

Problem is with me is that I don't want to use android or windows or any other os. Am stuck to this os with apple and the apple Eco system because works so well with all my other apple devices.

7. Ottoman1 macrumors regular

I've only been using this thing a few minutes.

I hate the feel. I'll define this better when I've used this longer.

Right off - texting is HORRIBLE now that the sent text is in reverse green. Beginning graphic designers learn that you need to use reverse text in moderation because it is very hard to read. And yes, I am a designer.

Summoning the control panel takes several swipes on my phone. Not sure why. I'm keeping my flashlight app because it's quicker than swiping up eight+ times.

More to come...

8. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

What do you mean by reverse text?

9. Ottoman1 macrumors regular

White as the text color. Usually white on black. In this case white on Kelly green.

10. Megakazbek macrumors regular

I am not a graphic designer and never learned that reverse text shouldn't be used, therefore I'm completely fine with it and don't see any problem :)

11. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

For me the biggest problem is the Music app. It's practically a deal breaker, I wish Apple would realize that some users have more than a few hundred songs and that putting a picture next to every single effing artist might take up too much space. It's going to take a week just to scroll through my R's in the artist section. I tried to downgrade until the inevitable rage fixed the issue but I'm afraid all I am getting out of that is a loss of the last few hours of Real Racing 3 that I was playing this evening. :/

Anyone know any good music app alternatives? I've tried Track 8 and hate it as well and since iTunes Match won't work I can't try the other one I just got.

:mad:

12. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

The calendar is a massive step backwards IMO, and it's just sloppily designed and put together. See the attached screenshot for an example of this lack of polish!

Attached Files:

13. dmahen macrumors newbie

Slide the edge to go back!

You don't have to bring up those controls every time you need to go back, just slide from the edge!

14. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Yeah, I love Safari now...and I used to hate it. I'd used dolphin as my browser for years, but the new Safari is so good. The auto full screen works great, and as mentioned, just swipe left to right to go back (which is super fast) and swipe right to left to go forward. Scroll down a short ways or tap the bar to access bookmarks and tabs.

15. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I can do that, however they still come and go them controls lol.

16. aerowave macrumors member

The Safari controls hide when you're scrolling slowly as you're probably reading what's on the page. When you scroll quickly, they show up in case you want to navigate somewhere.

17. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah your right lol. Thanks for that.

18. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

What phone are you using? On my Iphone 5 it seems to work fine. It does occasionally fall to open with swiping. I suspect that this is a sensitivity setting, and that this, like alot of things, will see improvement with future software updates.

19. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I'm going to have to disagree.

In all other iOS versions apps "jumped out of " the center of the screen, the only difference is now you get context, they come out of the icon rather than just appearing from the center of the screen.

And the buttons on Safari appear when needed, just scroll upwards. Plus you can just swipe to go back which is the most common control for most people. I much prefer seeing more content then the app chrome all the time.

The keyboard, I didn't really notice the change. I am pretty sure the actual buttons are the same size...

20. MalusSylvestris macrumors member

They are. Just the letters are slightly thinner. People just love to complain I guess.

21. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

iPad mini? Looks fine on iPad in both portrait and landscape view...:confused:

22. narly macrumors newbie

The Music.app is woeful. I'm glad I remained on iOS6.

23. Phil A., Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Yeah, it's a mini. However, after doing some more investigation I think it's a bug that's not been picked up: If you rotate, the font size changes (bigger in Landscape than portrait). However, if you are in month view, it doesn't change on rotation so if you go to month view in landscape and then rotate, the year gets cut off: It seems to work in the other views OK.

As I said, lacking in polish :)

24. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

How many "R" artists do you have?

Just looking for some context compared to what I might have on my phone....I have over 13,000 songs visible on my phone, so I went to the "R" and "S" section....does swiping really fast not make it scroll fast enough for you? I can get through 100 songs in a couple of seconds?

25. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

How do I change the title to this thread

Am thinking. Maybe we should compile our list of things in this thread we like to see in IOS7.1 and then send it to Apple for them to consider changing?

opps Of this thread I meant.