New iOS "TV" app: Watch Now - doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by EJ8, Nov 13, 2016.

1. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

I know its in Beta but the Watch Now tab is not working at all? Yesterday it had a video suggestion and another link that were just frozen and did nothing. Today it looks completely different (says "Up Next" and offers a link to "Take the Tour", but nothing happens by clicking on the screen. Same for others or just me?

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

3. EJ8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

EJ8

You need a developer login to see that link. Regardless, are you saying they say it isn't available yet they load it on the phone anyway? It's on my phone.

That link may be referring to the Apple TV "TV" app? That one isn't available.

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

The only thing NOT WORKING for me is the Watch Now "Connect My Apps" and the Guided Tour. Probably same as you.
    On the Watch Now page I do see What to Watch, TV Spotlight, Movie Spotlight, and more below that.
    Library is working as expected and so is Store and Search.

I assume they are waiting for the Apps (third party controls) to be ready. Maybe Single Sign On and more Providers to be added. Right now only 4 Provides and only a couple Apps are listed.

They did say end of December so maybe early December we Beta Test will start to see more.

5. EJ8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

EJ8

OK cool I'm seeing the same thing. Thanks.

6. benjitek, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016

benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

It's more of a placeholder icon, and it loads -- it's just not fully functional.

This same thing has actually already been discussed earlier in the week, 5 pages worth.

7. benjitek, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016

benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

It does work in today's release of iOS 10.2 beta 3 -- the TV App is also now present in the current tvOS 10.1 beta...

Couple things I've noticed:

Even though I've logged into SlingTV as my service provider, nothing from SlingTV shows up in 'Watch Now' even though there's on-demand content available.

While basic Hulu integrates well, the Hulu Showtime add-on subscription does not -- there's no 'open in Hulu' option for Showtime content. Previously viewed Showtime content via Hulu isn't reflected in the TV App.