New iOS7 Mock-up

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by narr, Sep 9, 2013.

1. narr macrumors member

narr

I know, it's getting old, but here's another mock-up for iOS7 in case you are interested. I built this from scratch and tried to get rid of things I didn't like i.e. different gradients and incosistencies. Also, I wanted the design to be flat but a bit more detailed. Maybe you don't care at all (@mod: you can happily close my thread if you are annoyed by this posting), but I was interested in your feedback. I know there are still flaws and it's not perfect of course.. :)

[​IMG]

2. Poly macrumors 6502

I like it.
    Especially the cellular grades...(don't know how to say that in english :D top left corner)

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I'm not quite understanding the point of a mockup, when the betas of iOS 7 are already out in abundance and actual screenshots have already been posted?!?

4. bchery21 macrumors 6502

bchery21

Looks good!

Only a few things I'd change up: the green for the phone/messaging icons, the photos icon, and the settings icon. But good job man...

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I like some of the ideas behind your icons, there are other parts I don't like. For example, your Settings gears don't look like gears and why does your Gamecenter have a C shape made out of squares? Some of your icons use dropshadows other do not. What are the three vertical lines to the left of your wifi bar? Why is there more space to the right of the three lines than to the left?

6. DariusX macrumors regular

7. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Weather and stocks are beautiful. The others dont quite look right. Also not seeing the point since tomorrow is the big day.....

8. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

I like it! I would, however, suggest putting a bit more color in the videos and reminders.

9. Atrin1 macrumors regular

10. Damolee macrumors 6502

I would take that over what we are getting , that's for sure.

11. narr thread starter macrumors member

narr

It was just for fun. :)

12. jjusmo macrumors regular

Safari icon looks like a bicycle wheel lol otherwise it's fine..

13. narr thread starter macrumors member

narr

The "C" is for "Center" and the shapes are the same as used in the game "Tetris", which is a very popular game. So, it's a "Game" that forms a "C" for Center. :)

I used dropshadows where I liked them, it's still more consistent then the actual iOS 7 icons, I think.

The three lines represent the signal strength. I don't like the new circles, so I used squares. But this is not really important and made quick'n'dirty.

----------

Well, the internet keeps on rollin'. :) Actually I wanted to represent all the different directions (like in the original compass meaning)

14. DerekS macrumors 6502

15. !GS51! macrumors regular

I would take that design over the current iOS 7 one, good job mate.

16. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

this is not a mockup, but a theme based on iOS7 icons...

17. narr thread starter macrumors member

narr

You are right, I used the wrong term.

18. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I share your bemusement.

It seems that even after iOS 7 is downloaded in it's final form, folks will continue to post mock ups...of wonderful improvements, no doubt. :rolleyes:

19. darngooddesign macrumors G3

But Game Center is not a Tetris style game, nor is it a game at all. Its a social app. The App name begins with a "G", so the icon should not have a "C" as the symbol.

Signal is indicated by five bars, not three and you don't see cellular strength at the some time as Wifi Strength.

20. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Yeah I can definitely see how multi-colored bubbles more clearly indicate that the app is a "Game Center". I'm not really sure how you don't understand the reasoning behind his icon. Apple themselves followed the same logic with the previous icon.

21. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Well the bubbles matches the new app's interface. The previous icon looked like a 4-1 game pack, not a social app for gamers. There is nothing about a C made from squares that says social app for gamers, the name of the app doesn't even begin with a C. The main issue I have with the current app icon is that its the only one that has a 3D feel to it.

22. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I think you mean iOS 8 mockup. iOS 7 is practically out the door.

23. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Tis cool but its in its final versions so... iOS 8 mock up!

24. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Hehe, sorry.