Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
OMG, I just ordered another iPad 3 - it's now delivered 3/26!!

3262012.png

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
looks like the pre-orders are thru the roof. The delivery dates keep getting pushed out. Good sales for Apple!

I'm gonna wait it out and try end of March.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Be happy standing in a line while I am using my new iPad. I will be delivered in the morning on the 16th.

I did this for the iPad 2. I was 85 in line out of 600 after 6 hours in line! Not ever again! I'll take the few weeks delivery vs chaos in line!

sartios

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
London
Be happy standing in a line while I am using my new iPad. I will be delivered in the morning on the 16th.

I won't be standing in line because I won't be going to an Apple store, here in the UK we have quite a few retailers selling it, I got the iPad2 on launch day last year as soon as the store opened.

I doubt you will get your delivery by 9AM knowing how couriers are.

tmarks11

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Used corporate discount! Only $17 off but still better than $0 discount.

Now I feel like an idiot. I could have used Apple's military discount order page ($50 off), but in my giddiness of actually getting the apple store to load (after many trys), that thought didn't even cross my mind.

Edit: hmm, just checked, appears no military discount applies to the ipad. Bummer.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
I got an Order Acknowledgment email when I ordered and it says Ships: by March 19 and that's it, how come I didn't get a delivery date like you?

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
I got an Order Acknowledgment email when I ordered and it says Ships: by March 19 and that's it, how come I didn't get a delivery date like you?

I don't understand how you can get a shipping date of 3/19 but not a delivery date? I am starting to think the corporate discount is coming back biting my a**. :mad:

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
This is why I never pre-ordered, Up bright and early on the 16th and off to the shops.

This makes no sense at all. Preorders placed on Wednesday and Thursday remain scheduled for delivery Friday the 16th.

Have fun at the shops bright and early, I'll let the Fedex guy bring it to me. :)

Billnap

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
I preordered mine for delivery at my local Apple store. That way I don't have to worry about someone being home to accept delivery. I just wonder how long a line I will have to wait in to actually pick it up at the store.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
I preordered mine for delivery at my local Apple store. That way I don't have to worry about someone being home to accept delivery. I just wonder how long a line I will have to wait in to actually pick it up at the store.

You don't have to wait in line. You have to wait till they message you. Your order is ready.

sartios

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
London
This makes no sense at all. Preorders placed on Wednesday and Thursday remain scheduled for delivery Friday the 16th.

Have fun at the shops bright and early, I'll let the Fedex guy bring it to me. :)

I didn't want to take the risk of getting it delivered late, like MANY have, so yes, it does make sense.

And i don't care about going to the shops it will only take half an hour, rather that than possibly waiting in all day for a delivery from a courier, which will is highly likely do to how many deliveries of iPads there will be from couriers on the 16th, and I get a nice bit of fresh air too, winner!

Maybe I'm just old school.

Last edited:

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

sartios said:
This is why I never pre-ordered, Up bright and early on the 16th and off to the shops.

That makes no sense. If you had preordered you wouldn't have to get up early and wait in line.

brammp

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
I didn't want to take the risk of getting it delivered late, like MANY have, so yes, it does make sense.

And i don't care about going to the shops it will only take half an hour, rather that than possibly waiting in all day for a delivery from a courier, which will is highly likely do to how many deliveries of iPads there will be from couriers on the 16th, and I get a nice bit of fresh air too, winner!

Maybe I'm just old school.

You're awfully confident in the in-store supply level available to walk-in customers...

sartios

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2012
London
You're awfully confident in the in-store supply level available to walk-in customers...

I am after last year, I was in and out in 10 mins getting the iPad 2, we have several retailers here in the UK who are selling it, last year the Apple stores had massive queues then word got about that other stores such as Comet, PC World, Currys, Argos etc were all selling it and I was in and out in 10 mins at Currys.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
You don't have to wait in line. You have to wait till they message you. Your order is ready.
Dunno where you live, but at the Apple Stores in the US it doesn't work this way with these big launches. Everyone will get their message the day before launch. So you'd have to be extremely lucky to not have to wait in any line at all, that or show up at like 8:30 pm.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
Dunno where you live, but at the Apple Stores in the US it doesn't work this way with these big launches. Everyone will get their message the day before launch. So you'd have to be extremely lucky to not have to wait in any line at all, that or show up at like 8:30 pm.

Did you call your Apple store? I did and they said this is the way they are doing it now to avoid lines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.