New iPad anytime soon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by serialtoon, Sep 18, 2010.

1. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Just curious. Looking to buy soon as in tomorrow or a week from now. Latest is two weeks from now. Thanks guys!

2. MisterFeeney macrumors 6502

Not within two weeks, probably early 2011 or late late 2010, I'd buy now! :apple:

3. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

Anybody who knows when it will come out won't tell you. Buy one now.

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

If you buy one tomorrow then you will have a new iPad tomorrow. Next question?

5. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

6. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

If you like what is offered right now, buy it. If you don't like what is offered now, then don't buy it and wait until something new comes out.

7. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Why is it I see a good few "new iPad" thread every week since the iPad was released and nobody seems to get the hint :confused:

8. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Because people don't bother to read anything at all, they just hit the new thread button and type whatever question they have. Doesn't matter if there is a search button, or even Google can answer their question. It's easier to be lazy and just make a new thread asking people.

9. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Yeah but most of us know how Apple revisions work... In iPhone terms its just the same as asking for iPhone 5 constantly after the iPhone 4 was released even though we all know it won't be out for like a year

10. diamornte macrumors regular

It's not every week, it's more like every day. We should make it into a drinking game.

11. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

'Cept we'd be drunk in a matter of hours :p

12. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

No problem for me, I am already drunk before I start reading posts on here (or any internet forum). Only way to stay sane sometimes on the internet.

13. Built macrumors 68020

BUY NOW.

There won't be a new revision until Spring 2011, and even then, the changes MAY not be that significant...nobody knows unless you have a crystal ball.

14. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

vay ahed off yu [​IMG]

15. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

The sun comes up, the birds sing, and a new and repetitive "should I get an iPad" thread. MR really needs to start charging for access otherwise this will go on and on. Have a free unpaid forum for the trolls and multi-similar-thread posters and one for the people who know how to use the search feature, and are actually serious about the preventing the forum from becoming like Facebook.

16. Built macrumors 68020

I agree...This forum is deteriorating as quickly as the iPhone forum did.

These repetitive, pointless threads where some loser asks you to make a decision for him...Unbelievable.

...or some lazy fool who refuses to use the SEARCH feature, and then gets snarky when you remind him of its existence and the fact he should have used it BEFORE posting. "Why try when I can have somebody just hand me the answer???" UGGGHHHH...

Sick of it...

17. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

I tried to play the drinking game wit hit but i drank a bottle of vodka n ended up not being able to keep playing

18. serialtoon thread starter macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Thanks for the answers guys! The only thing that is deteriorating is the lack of respect in this great community. As you can see from this thread, there are at least 4 jerks who cannot seem to stop themselves from responding with negative comments. Sure you can just disregard the thread and head onto the next one, but you chose to open this one, and strictly be an ******* in it. Who is the one bringing this forum down? Seems like only you can hold yourself accountable for that. To the other people, thank you! Will be buying today.

19. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

20. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

If I was you, I'd hold off from buying right now. I heard a rumor the new iPad will be out anyday now :D.

21. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Why would you buy now?

No camera(s), no retina display, slow, low memory, small storage, expensive, etc, etc, etc.

22. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Let's see

A) No camera: That is a feature since every other device I own has one. Face time didn't exsist when iPad came out. iPad would be awkward to hold steady for Facetime. Use your iPhone / iPod touch.

B) The 'rectum' display on the iPhone is a lower resolution than the iPad's display. 'Rectum' display on the iPad is not technology feasible at this time.

C) Slow ???? I hope they don't give you a drug screen at your office.

D) Low memory: Sorry if you can't have ten Safari windows open at a time. Build yourself a tablet that can. (Yea, I know, a $1700 to $2500 Windows tablet can. At twice the size and weight and 3 to five times the cost. You know what I am talking about. A tablet, like the iPad or the Archos.)

E) Small storage: Most normal people can't half fill a 32 gig model. That is based on what I have read on the forums. And personal experience.

F) Expensive ??? Compared to???

23. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I've written on a lot of forums and have felt the same way when people take an internet discussion too seriously. Immaturity seems to especially be an epidemic on forums. And plus, I feel it is a good idea to repeat a thread to see if different answers and opinions are gotten.

To answer your question, I posted in another thread and will [happily :) ] post a similar answer here. I was thinking the same way you were about a week ago - I wanted the iPad, but was afraid that since it had been out for 6 months, a new one would come out shortly. I just decided to buy it because I wanted it, and have also decided that if a new one came out in a month, I would still be happy with the one I bought. If you start feeling bad that your item (whether it's a TV, a computer, or another electronic) may be outdated if a newer one comes out, you just have to enjoy the quality of the one you bought. The one you bought will still be great even if the new one that comes out is gold-plated and has a face-time feature you won't even use regularly. My opinion would be to buy it now unless you are excited about any new features that are not on the current-gen one. It is an excellent device my whole family uses, and everyone is amazed that they can just pick up something shaped like a book and start surfing the internet from anywhere in the house (or the U.S. with 3G).

I would also recommend buying the 3G with it if you are a traveler or you live in a place that gets hit by hurricanes or any other bad weather - you can pay for the at&t plan before it hits so you'll have internet even if the power goes out.

I have found that I use the iPad more than my Mac desktop because it is so "spur of the moment" and convenient.

I do not think the iPad can replace a laptop or a desktop. An iPad is meant for quick on-the-go stuff. I would need either a desktop or a laptop aside from the iPad to have the full computing experience.

Buy it now.

24. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

my rule of thumb is always expect something to be released 1 year after the previous model. I can hold off until April for iPad 2.0