new ipad case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Husky1992, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Husky1992 macrumors regular

Husky1992

Hi
    I'm getting my new ipad and I'd like to get a case for protecting BOTH sides.
    I don't want a hard plastic case, instead i'd love something like the case the original ipad 1 came with, soft microfibre and protecting on both sides.
    can u guys link me something I can look to?
    thanks

p.s. does a double case affect in any way the 4g-wifi antenna??

2. Husky1992 thread starter macrumors regular

Husky1992

3. nd3eb macrumors member

Check on eBay.... You can usually find one there for pretty cheap... It's not a name brand but they're usually pretty good, just make sure it's from a seller in the USA.

4. Husky1992 thread starter macrumors regular

Husky1992

what is it's name? will it work/fit on the new ipad? how can I be assure of gettin the real one instead of a chinease copy?

5. Husky1992 thread starter macrumors regular

Husky1992

6. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I'd recommend either the STM Skinny or the Incipio Lexington. Both are slim, have the sleep/wake function and are reasonably priced. I've had both and have been pleased. The Skinny has complaints about wear and tear and the Lexington has magnet issues that are supposed to be getting resolved. Both have a tab which alot of people like to complain about, but it doesn't bother me.

7. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I saw a case just case yesterday that really reminded me of the original Apple case, I don't remember the name of the case but it was made by Hard Candy and it was for an iPad 2. It would most likely work fine for the grew iPad also.

8. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

Just make sure you do not get one of the cases with a bezel that covers front screen bezel. Detracts from iPad experience IMO and takes away from beauty of device.

9. Husky1992 thread starter macrumors regular

Husky1992

They are both thicker than the original ipad cover, and I don't like the fabric of the incipio (it's hard to say in picture though), maybe the skinny, but it's still stuffed with stupid things I don't want, like the sleeve that goes in the back pocket.
    p.s. i DON'T necessary want the on/off funciont, i'd rather get something without it.

10. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

11. Husky1992 thread starter macrumors regular

Husky1992

this could be an idea, btw i'd like a double piece upper-cover not one divided by 3 AND very important, the lower protection MUST ALWAYS stay sticked to the back in one piece and not fold around...like the original appe case, as always...

12. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Maybe you should use the original case that you mentioned. It'll probably fit and I'm pretty sure you can still find them. You'd just need to punch a hole for the camera...er maybe the speaker too. I've seen them at Target and possibly the Apple store. I don't know what you're referring to when you say the sleeve that goes in the back pocket on he skinny. The incipio is faux leather but it also has soft rubber-like material around the edges.

----------

My main issue with these type of cases is that to use the stand, you have to pivot the back of the iPad away from the case and the footprint is huge. Very limiting as far as where you can use it.

13. laurenr macrumors 6502a

The Yoobao case in leather, closely resembles the original iPad case. There is a thread on them:

[​IMG]

14. Husky1992 thread starter macrumors regular

Husky1992

has anyone tried fitting the original cover in the new ipad?

15. klo-mac macrumors member

Purchased Yoobao on eBay for $39, it's a good case and actually i can say that case for iPad are a must have.

I don't use case for iPhone or other devices, so in general I don't like those.

I suggest you to buy a qualitative case not cover for your iPad.

16. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

how about Odoyo Slimcoat?
    http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/odoyo-slimcoat-for-ipad-2-ipad-3rd-gen/

[​IMG]