iPad New iPad Launch! Do people waiting in line again like iPhone 6/6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bigthanbigger, Sep 23, 2014.

1. bigthanbigger macrumors regular

do people waiting in line to purchase new ipad release on october same like iphone 6/plus ????

i really like to go waiting like that , so fun ,

2. atki81 macrumors member

We'll all never know until we find out if there's pre-ordering etc at the next keynote. I am however certain the queues will be no where near that of the iPhone 6/6plus, not un-least till the Apple Watch comes out next year.

3. bigthanbigger thread starter macrumors regular

i though ipad and iphone a same , each time launch , people waiting in line first come first serve ......

:D:D:D:D

4. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

Many more people wait in line for release day phones than ipads. SO yes there will be a queue but not as big

5. bigthanbigger thread starter macrumors regular

so , ipad launch no need to wait in line just go apple store they should have stock available right ???????

6. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

I'm already in line. You better get here soon because the line is rapidly growing. It's going to be amazing. :apple::apple::apple::apple:

7. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

Millions waited in line for the iPhone 6 & 6+ because the screen size changed. So everyone who wanted a larger screen bought one or is buying one.

If iPad had a huge change like that, I think the lines would be just as long.

8. bigthanbigger thread starter macrumors regular

12.9 inch coming ipad pro , oh my -
    things get crazy again

9. meechy macrumors 6502

lol

10. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

If the new iPad is paper thin and foldable, had 2 weeks continuous battery life, wireless / solar and kinetic 5 minute full charging, 600ppi on a color e-Ink like display with 120Hz refresh rates and you could write on it with any pen or pencil....

I think the lines would be longer than for the iPhone 6/6+.

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

There will be a line, but no where near that of the iPhone.

12. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

The lines will be populated only with those who are unemployed or have nothing better to do. Just like with the Air, you'll be able to walk into any store and buy one on release day in any config you like.

;)

13. stringent macrumors 6502

stringent

Was there a preorder last year? I queued last year. I don't think this will be as big as the iPhone launch though.

Don't want to get out of my nice bed early again on my day off!

14. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

iPad is more of a luxury device than iPhone, so I wouldn't expect nearly as much interest.

15. CEmajr macrumors 601

There's no reason to wait in line. No matter what Apple announces you should easily be able to find the latest iPad on day 1 without lining up.

Tablets don't generate the same type of interest as phones.

16. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

The past several iPad launches have not come close to the iPhone in terms of lines. Really it was the iPad 2 that last had big lines on launch. It should not be necessary to pre-order or line up for a Air 2 on launch day. Just walk in that day and buy one.

17. cammyg123 macrumors regular

cammyg123

I wouldn't be rushing to get it, I rarely even use my iPad mini anymore. They'd have to make major updates to the iPad for me to be interested. I think iPad needs a change.

18. bigthanbigger thread starter macrumors regular

this funny as hell ....:D:D:D:D

19. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Question for those who were following the Air closely last year:

Was there lines on launch day? Were you able to walk in and just buy one whenever you wanted?

20. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I pre-ordered my iPad Air and went to the store to pick it up early in the afternoon on launch day. At that time there was no line and the Air was still available - not sure if all colors, carriers, etc were available. I'd probably pre-oder again if I decide to get the new iPad, just to be sure I could get exactly what I wanted. The store I went to was in Pittsburgh, PA.

21. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Interesting considering the iPhone is more expensive than the iPad. The actual price just gets masked by subsidies on 2-year contracts with expensive monthly plans. :rolleyes:

22. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Ah interesting. Ya don't think there will ever be a demand for the iPad like there is iPhone on launch date.

I think the majority of people see the iPhone as a $199 device and the iPad as a $499 device..

23. CEmajr macrumors 601

You have to factor in that people use their iPhones pretty much all day everyday and have them with them at all times. Smartphones have become a "necessity" while tablets still remain mostly a luxury item. Just the nature of the products.

24. gochi macrumors 6502

a lot of people post in craigslist they pay individuals to line up for them. lol

25. Bokes macrumors 6502

I walked right into the store late afternoon and picked up the iPad Air day of launch. Anyone who waited in line wasted their time.