iPad New iPad Launch! Do people waiting in line again like iPhone 6/6 Plus

bigthanbigger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
do people waiting in line to purchase new ipad release on october same like iphone 6/plus ????

i really like to go waiting like that , so fun ,

atki81

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
do people waiting in line to purchase new ipad release on october same like iphone 6/plus ????

i really like to go waiting like that , so fun ,
We'll all never know until we find out if there's pre-ordering etc at the next keynote. I am however certain the queues will be no where near that of the iPhone 6/6plus, not un-least till the Apple Watch comes out next year.

bigthanbigger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
i though ipad and iphone a same , each time launch , people waiting in line first come first serve ......

:D:D:D:D

Jambalaya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2013
UK
Many more people wait in line for release day phones than ipads. SO yes there will be a queue but not as big

bigthanbigger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Many more people wait in line for release day phones than ipads. SO yes there will be a queue but not as big
so , ipad launch no need to wait in line just go apple store they should have stock available right ???????

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
I'm already in line. You better get here soon because the line is rapidly growing. It's going to be amazing. :apple::apple::apple::apple:

iMaven

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2011
Millions waited in line for the iPhone 6 & 6+ because the screen size changed. So everyone who wanted a larger screen bought one or is buying one.

If iPad had a huge change like that, I think the lines would be just as long.

masotime

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
If the new iPad is paper thin and foldable, had 2 weeks continuous battery life, wireless / solar and kinetic 5 minute full charging, 600ppi on a color e-Ink like display with 120Hz refresh rates and you could write on it with any pen or pencil....

I think the lines would be longer than for the iPhone 6/6+.

s2mikey

macrumors 68020
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
The lines will be populated only with those who are unemployed or have nothing better to do. Just like with the Air, you'll be able to walk into any store and buy one on release day in any config you like.

;)

stringent

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2011
London
Was there a preorder last year? I queued last year. I don't think this will be as big as the iPhone launch though.

Don't want to get out of my nice bed early again on my day off!

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
iPad is more of a luxury device than iPhone, so I wouldn't expect nearly as much interest.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
There's no reason to wait in line. No matter what Apple announces you should easily be able to find the latest iPad on day 1 without lining up.

Tablets don't generate the same type of interest as phones.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
The past several iPad launches have not come close to the iPhone in terms of lines. Really it was the iPad 2 that last had big lines on launch. It should not be necessary to pre-order or line up for a Air 2 on launch day. Just walk in that day and buy one.

cammyg123

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2013
United States
I wouldn't be rushing to get it, I rarely even use my iPad mini anymore. They'd have to make major updates to the iPad for me to be interested. I think iPad needs a change.

bigthanbigger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
If the new iPad is paper thin and foldable, had 2 weeks continuous battery life, wireless / solar and kinetic 5 minute full charging, 600ppi on a color e-Ink like display with 120Hz refresh rates and you could write on it with any pen or pencil....

I think the lines would be longer than for the iPhone 6/6+.
this funny as hell ....:D:D:D:D

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Question for those who were following the Air closely last year:

Was there lines on launch day? Were you able to walk in and just buy one whenever you wanted?

bevsb2

macrumors 68000
Nov 23, 2012
Question for those who were following the Air closely last year:

Was there lines on launch day? Were you able to walk in and just buy one whenever you wanted?
I pre-ordered my iPad Air and went to the store to pick it up early in the afternoon on launch day. At that time there was no line and the Air was still available - not sure if all colors, carriers, etc were available. I'd probably pre-oder again if I decide to get the new iPad, just to be sure I could get exactly what I wanted. The store I went to was in Pittsburgh, PA.

rui no onna

macrumors G3
Oct 25, 2013
iPad is more of a luxury device than iPhone, so I wouldn't expect nearly as much interest.
Interesting considering the iPhone is more expensive than the iPad. The actual price just gets masked by subsidies on 2-year contracts with expensive monthly plans. :rolleyes:

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I pre-ordered my iPad Air and went to the store to pick it up early in the afternoon on launch day. At that time there was no line and the Air was still available - not sure if all colors, carriers, etc were available. I'd probably pre-oder again if I decide to get the new iPad, just to be sure I could get exactly what I wanted. The store I went to was in Pittsburgh, PA.
Ah interesting. Ya don't think there will ever be a demand for the iPad like there is iPhone on launch date.

Interesting considering the iPhone is more expensive than the iPad. The actual price just gets masked by subsidies on 2-year contracts with expensive monthly plans. :rolleyes:
I think the majority of people see the iPhone as a $199 device and the iPad as a $499 device..

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
You have to factor in that people use their iPhones pretty much all day everyday and have them with them at all times. Smartphones have become a "necessity" while tablets still remain mostly a luxury item. Just the nature of the products.

gochi

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2011
a lot of people post in craigslist they pay individuals to line up for them. lol

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
I walked right into the store late afternoon and picked up the iPad Air day of launch. Anyone who waited in line wasted their time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.