Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As announced earlier this week, Apple today began selling the new iPad in twelve new countries: Brunei, Croatia, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Malaysia, Panama, South Korea, Saint Maarten, Uruguay and Venezuela. An additional nine countries will see the new iPad launch a week from today.

ipad_3_estimates_5_7.jpg

Just as Apple expands availability of the device yet again, the company is also reducing shipping estimates in a number of markets, now citing 5-7 business days for new orders instead of the 1-2 week estimate that has been in place for the past month. The new 5-7 business day estimates appear to be in effect in Apple's North American and Asia/Pacific distribution channels, but have not yet made their way to the company's European channel, where estimates remain at 1-2 weeks.

Update: Fortune posts a video of the new iPad going on sale at an Apple reseller in South Korea.

Article Link: New iPad Launches in 12 New Countries as Shipping Estimates Fall to 5-7 Days

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
This is a serious question.
Who cares? Aren't most people on this website from the United States?

bryanl

macrumors member
May 11, 2008
It might 5-7 on the website, but I'm sure you can go down to most Apple Stores and buy one today.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
When we ship stuff by sea it takes 2-3 weeks to traverse the ocean depending on destination and the conveyance on both end by rail or truck ranges from a week to two.

So they have a 4-6 week supply chain and a 1-2 week error band. That's down from an error band of 4-5 weeks.

Rocketman

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
i have seen lots of bad english but no foreign languages on macrumours.

is there something in the rules about this?

brimmy

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2010
It might 5-7 on the website, but I'm sure you can go down to most Apple Stores and buy one today.

Likewise, I ordered mine online on Monday, was given a 1-2 week shipping estimate and had it in my hands on Wednesday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.