NEW iPhone 3G Design and Specs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrew K., Jan 16, 2009.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I tried to post a NANO thread to freak you guys out! :D but they threw it in the Wasteland, anyway what do you see coming to the new iPhone in June? Do you think Jobs will be back in time?

2. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

I SWEAR IF I SEE ONE MORE THREAD ABOUT THIS........!!!

Hahaha, no but really, I hope that Jobs is back in time and comes out guns 'a blazing with some shiny new toys! I really hope we see an upgraded faster version with more bells and whistles this June because I'm juuuust about ready to buy, but think it be wise of me to just chill, ya know?

3. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

LOL Yeah I think Rev 3 of the iPhone will be a good buy , I already have jumped from the first iPhone to the 3G so no matter how much I'll want the new one I'll wait a year :D *grits teeth*

Things I think we'll see:

1. thinner design ( OF COURSE ! ) fake aluminum? or real with rounded wifi antenna ( mix new ipod touch with old iphone kinda look )
    2. new chips
    3. higher res? don't know how that'll pan out with all other apps
    4. New interface tweaks for new and older models
    5. wireless charging via palm haha
    6. COPY & PASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! implemented in a way to work well with all apps

4. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Yea, that's a nice list you have going there but I wouldn't really care if they made it thinner or not and TBH I'd rather them (if they had to) make it a slight bit thicker with a larger, longer lasting battery and ditto on the fake aluminum or something else that ISN'T GOING TO CRACK!

I can hardly wait. ;)

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Reposting a thread that was Wastelanded is not good. It goes against the forum rules. Please, don't do that as it bumps legit threads off the board.

6. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

you got it :D learned my lesson my title was misleading but my topic was actually about this thread right now so I'll be more careful with the jokes

7. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Hey all, I'm going to do a bit of a thread jack here as I think it really isn't a big enough topic to start a thread on. Anyways, here it goes.

I've had my 1st gen iPhone since Christmas of '07 and with the new iPhones coming out in June, I was wondering if I could still upgrade to the newer model? If so, would I be able to pay the price like all the other newcomers to the iPhone are paying ($199 or whatever) or would I have to pay a higher price?

Once again, sorry for the thread jack :)

8. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

If I'm not mistaken and someone correct me if I'm wrong, with your at&t contract you have to use the same phone for at least a year before you are eligible for an upgrade where you can buy any phone at subsidized pricing like anyone else new to contract. If you decide to buy another phone with at&t or unlocked from best buy or something like that I believe you will be buying THAT phone for full price if it's before that 1 year margin.

Unsubsidized and unlocked phones can be pretty expensive as in anywhere from 4 to 800 bucks just for the phone itself.

So I guess to answer your question, if I'm correct above that is. Yes. You should be eligible for the lower subsidized price of your next phone with at&t since it has been atleast 1 year.

Hope that helps...and better yet, hope I'm giving you correct information. ;)

9. oxdtown macrumors member

mms darn it im almost ready to switch but i won't and mms won't happen but it would be nice for those people that have friends that dont have iphone

10. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

Dont forget MMS!

11. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

oh Yeah! I guess I'm starting to lose faith in it :( damn you apple

12. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

13. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

some people are just born dense I guess -___-

14. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs is just going to pop-up in June, with Nano in hand, and state that he actually wasn't sick, but just had to go "underground" for super secret iPhone Nano development. ;)

15. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Dumb.

16. jlwillia macrumors regular

This thing puts the iPhone to shame! It would be hilarious to read a thread about the Pomegranate and the replies by people that can't take a joke...

17. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Fail

18. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

and offensive/insensitive.

19. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I suspect this thread might end up in wasteland

20. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I personally don't get why everyone finds that so offensive...

21. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

22. TJisYeah macrumors member

nope your wrong.. if anyone has a first gen iphone they can upgrade at any time to the 3g and get the subsidized price

23. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

And some people are just born with no sense of humor :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

24. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

And some people are asking to get their threads locked by changing the title back to something ridiculously fake. Jesus, no one here has any idea what the next iPhone is going to look like, you'll find out when the rest of us do.