New iPhone 5 will be 3D?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taeeumin, Feb 2, 2011.

1. taeeumin macrumors newbie

now that LG and Samsung android phone is coming out with 3D technology...
    and the 4G or LTE is being 10 times faster than 3G, what are the chance of new iPhone getting this technology?

2. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see what all the hype is about 3D technology. I'm not a huge 3D movie fan, and I would never purchase a 3D HDTV. Least of all, I would never purchase a 3D cell phone.

3. 0815 macrumors 68000

Nope, not just you. 3D movies are ok, nothing I need to have, they don't really give me additional 'value'. I won't buy any of these 3D devices for home. There are already warnings about the DS3D that you should use it for too long because it can make you dizzy. There are studies that a big percentage of the population can't even process those 3D images correct and only will get headache or blurry images.

3D is great for some people - but I don't see it taking off with the current technique. I'm sure there is plenty of room for improvements and some day it might be great, but not now.

4. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

you thought you were distracted driving before.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

I could never understand how you could watch 3D on a cell phone.
    why would you even want to? You need the special glasses.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

What do connection speed and 3D have to do with each other?

7. taeeumin thread starter macrumors newbie

3G is too slow for 3D screen.

not only watching movie in 3D, game developer are now in 3D technology, playing in 3D.

MOF, Nintendo 3DS is something very new to a game market and developer.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You realize that makes not sense whatsoever, right? 3G is your data speed, unless you're streaming a 3D movie (would that even work?) the speed isn't going to have any effect on the 3D display capabilities of the phone. Unless you're trying to talk about the processor...I also realize that devs are making 3D games for the 3DS and the PS3, but again, doesn't really connect to the two unrelated things you're talking about.

9. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

This. ^ Besides, 3D makes me insanely dizzy. I can't see a single reason why you'd want it on a phone.

10. tritonj macrumors 6502a

why would anyone want 3D on a phone. companies need to stop just shoving every last piece of tech into a device and start building things that make sense, guess this is what happens when you let marketing departments run development. they just look for the big buzz words and try to make it fit into something not ever thinking ig picture, just how many headlines they can get or how many extra lines of features they can get on a spec sheet somewhere, completely disregarding how useful or necessary that feature is

11. taeeumin thread starter macrumors newbie

you are right, 3G is data speed, and now company like LG and SAMSUNG is developing a technology where you can view live 3D video stream using 4G (LTE) network and they have Succeed already. And LG has already plan to release a smart phone with 3D capability....

12. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

^This is what I was going to say.

3G is too slow for 3D screen LMAO!

13. err404 macrumors 68020

Glasses free 3D will need to get MUCH better to be of any use on a phone. Look at the 3DS, it's cool and all, but you head needs to be in a very precise location for it to work. There are plenty of useful techs to add to a phone before worrying about 3D.

14. taeeumin thread starter macrumors newbie

I meant 3D live video stream...

yes, it needs faster chip to operate the game but it needs faster network to stream it.

well, you never know what apple is planning...

15. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Reminds me a bit of this thread :rolleyes:: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1021233

16. CZK macrumors 6502a

17. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

18. m.a.c.b.o.y macrumors member

19. gigidey macrumors member

The problem is that screens cannot be both touch sensitive and 3D at the same time. Anything getting inbetween your eyes and the screen will break the 3D effect. This is why Nintendo's 3DS is only 3D on the non-touch top screen.

20. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

No. Absolutely not, and i'll say that it will never happen.

The iPod Touch having 3D? that's a possibility.

21. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think it would be really cool to be able to take a 3D photo on my iPhone and show it to others, if it were glasses free of course. Gaming would be awesome too.