New iPhone 7 in 3 Flavors - Rumor or Not.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vmaniqui, Dec 7, 2014.

1. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

what do you guys think about THIS ARTICLE . worth believing or just a rumor.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Not a terribly credible source....

But I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see apple do a 4 inch model as well. I'm not necessarily expecting it, but I also wouldn't be blindsided by such an announcement. It wouldn't be unlike their MacBook lines.

I'd be most intrigued by pricing and specs.

3. T'hain Esh Kelch, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014

T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Sure, why not. We already have two versions of the 6, and the 5C. Upgrade the 5C to have similar design to the 6S, and you have three versions. Makes sense, but of course, total guess work at this point.

4. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

i know. wishful thinking. but if they do release 3 flavors, that will be so wise of them as they will be able to capture all markets.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I don't know. Currently there isn't a high end 4" smartphone anymore. That market literally only existed for the last couple years because of Apple.

I'm not saying there isn't a demand. I'm not saying it won't sell. But I don't know that here is a market that needs to be tapped. In other words, I'm thinking that people who want a 4" phone might eventually just suck it up and get the 4.7" since it's all that is available.

6. ravage73 macrumors newbie

how is that sapphire glass screen working for u?

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I think it is WAY TOO EARLY to be believing rumors about the 7.:p

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its a little early for the rumors to start flowing. Calling it the 6S is a no brainer, even my 8 year old daughter knew the next iPhone was going to be called the iPhone 6s.

9. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

When will the iPhone 7 be released. Interested in a rough sketch. I'm skipping the 6 and 6s.

10. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

If you have to ask if it's just a rumour, then it's just a rumour. What you're really asking is how credible a rumour it is.

11. vmaniqui thread starter macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

another ARTICLE from Business Insider about the rumor 3 iphone flavors next year ???

12. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

A 4" budget low end iPhone will probably replace the current 5C. Apple needs an entry level iPhone and the 4" model will probably be for those people who cannot afford to go with the 4.7" or the flagship 5.5" models. I think the retired, people on a budget and some children will be the buyers. Otherwise; all teenagers, adults of means will buy the mid- tier or flagship models.

Those who are very wealthy still use flip phones! They don't need to view the internet since their subordinates do it for them and report anything they need to know!

13. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

It's such a long time away… We still have the 6S hurdle to contend with.

14. posguy99 macrumors 6502

That'd be the one that the press decided was going to be there, all on their own?

15. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm an employed 30-something and would opt for the 4" model.

16. Love Divine macrumors member

I get the feeling that a lot of these 4" phone rumors are just wishful thinking. Still, it could definitely happen. Personally I don't care for it, but obviously some still do.

17. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

If I were to take a three-day wild guess on what the new 2015 iPhone models will be like, I say the following models will be offered:

iPhone 6C -- Looks kind of like a shrunken-down iPhone 6 (since it is designed around a 4" display). Keeps NFC and Touch ID. Uses new lower-power A8 SoC with 1 GB of RAM. Five megapixel rear camera sensor. 16 and 64 GB on-board storage. Case design will be plastic but look like iPhone 6 case design (and uses iPhone 6-like antenna configuration); will be available in same case colors as iPhone 5C.

iPhone 6S -- Looks like the current iPhone 6, but switches to A9 SoC with 2 GB of RAM. Will keep eight megapixel rear sensor but with better sensor technology and optical image stabilization. 32, 64 and 128 GB on-board storage.

iPhone 6S+ -- Looks like current iPhone 6+, but switches to A9 SoC with 3 GB of RAM. Will keep eight megapixel rear sensor but with better sensor technology and optical image stabilization. 32, 64 and 128 GB on-board storage.

18. azhava macrumors regular

Since it's not confirmed by Apple or corroborated by any credible sources, it's nothing more than a rumor. Exact same thing that happens every year with every version of the iPhone. I think people start throwing rumors out without any clue just so they can say "I told you so!" if it happens to come true. Sort of like throwing a bucket of crap against a wall and seeing how much sticks.

19. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

If a 6s with more RAM comes out before September I'm going to flip ****.

The ram is holding back the 6+ so much.

20. ravage73 macrumors newbie

the press starts all rumors.

21. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

This is bang on.

Apple owned the smaller high end handset market. Now the only option is to go bigger or avoid it entirely. No lost sales. Personally, I wish smaller top end phones were still available.

22. meistervu macrumors 65816

Why is that the only option?

I haven't seen a single compelling argument why Apple wouldn't offer a 4" iPhone 6s or 7.

This is what I heard:

No one wants a 4" screen anymore.
    The market is moving to larger screens.
    Not enough demand.
    Too much trouble to support 3 screen sizes.

The first 3 are ludicrous. People who frequent this forum don't represent the population. We are like the people on a car forum. Typical car owners don't frequent forums that dedicated to their car models. You have a very skewed audience here.

The last reason: "too much trouble to support a another screen size" is ridiculous. They are already with the 4, 4s, 5, 5s.

There are even claims by some that the 6+ is even more popular than the 6. Well, looking at some of the threads one may be lead to believe that's the case. It's not in reality, by far.

23. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

Wow, you win dumbest post of the year award! I am successful middle aged person that loves the size of the iPhone 5. I am not a budget shopper who cannot afford the 6 or 6plus. I can afford any phone on the market and could afford to buy YOU 50 times over, bought lots and lots of Apple stock in 2002 and 2003, do the math, if you can. In the meantime continue to keep your face pointed towards your "big" phone 80% of your waking hours of the day, and continue to make stupid posts.

24. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I'm hopeful Apple will place all the latest/greatest in iPhone technology in the original iPhone casing for their 10th anniversary in 2016.

25. meistervu macrumors 65816

Ha!

The irony is that people those who choose a future 4" iPhone are more likely to understand the true cost of an iPhone: the cost of the phone is small compare to the contract, so there is no such thing as a budget iPhone. It's an oxymoron.