New iPhone by March '10?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZeldaBuck21, Feb 2, 2010.

1. ZeldaBuck21 macrumors newbie

Do you think Apple will release the iPhone 4.0 by March 2010? I cannot wait any longer!!!

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

keep waiting... iphones are updated in June (Summertime).

3. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

No. iPhones are announced when it's time for WWDC, which as the above poster mentioned, in June.

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

What does it matter if its released in one month or five? if you cannot wait any longer you'll have to pick a different phone.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Apple Sales loves the people who have to have everything now. And then those same people whine when the price goes down a few months later.

6. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

I have a regular 3G and was getting "upgrade-itis" once I passed the time interval for the discount on a new handset. But since my 3G still works perfectly and it is likely that the next iPhone will use an out-of-order Cortex A9-derived ARM chip like the iPad (a major architecture jump from the 3GS' in-order A8), I think I'll wait it out until June. Bottom line: if your phone works fine now, why not wait it out. If your current phone is broken, then this is probably a rhetorical question.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You are in for a surprise, iPhone's refresh cycles are in June

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

This year is going to be even a month later than last year. Last year WWDC was the first week of June, now its the last week of June through the first week of July. So I think the earliest we will see one is July 16th.

9. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

March = iPhone OS Event

June/July = New iPhone

Not that big of a deal. :cool:

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

11. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I'm in the same boat. I have the 3G; but like some of the features that the 3GS offers, but can't justify upgrading right now until the new phones are released. So, I'm just holding tight, although am excited to see what new goodies the new phones will have. :D

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Well you have to.

June or July

13. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Agreed

I think many can also forsee New iPhone threads on when they'll be announced/released too.

There is the added factor of iPad developing, and release, and how that affects OS release/announcement for iPhone.

14. cytoxyn macrumors regular

cytoxyn

but i think the OS 3.2 is a interim 4.0 update and that all devices will update to OS 4.0 together i.e. itouch, iphone, ipad

15. nfl46 macrumors 603

No. Beta 1 of 4.0 will be released around that time.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. No way there will be a new iPhone in March.

17. scott99 macrumors 6502a

My contract ends, or my eligibility for a new phone is in May ! So it'll be perfect when/if the new iPhone comes out in June/July. I'll be first in line, lol. Then again, it has to be a major update to the hardware for me to make a switch from my trusty 3G. Got my 3G in Sept 08 (got my first gen in Sept 07).

18. ichrisers macrumors member

Are you OK?

there is no way the iphone is coming out in March silly person

:apple: i-c

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well I can't wait longer then

Feb 20th So Steve Should make one for me now! :D yeah not going to happen. Educated guess like others WWDC June 28, 2010 to Friday July 2, 2010 most likely June 28th!

20. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

i'm having this weird feeling the iphone 4 will be heavily overrated.

Something tells me we won't have an HD screen. ... thats really what I want.

21. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Huh? Surely the iPhone will have a screen at least on par with the Nexus One which is gorgeous btw. I'm not sure what you mean by a "HD" screen.

22. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

As much as I don't want to, I have to agree with this.

The problem is that so many people viewed the 3G --> 3GS jump as such a small incremental upgrade and they're going to be expecting something huge come March with the introduction of the next iPhone.

They may change the casing and they may not. I, for one, feel that the iPhone casing is great. I prefer it over the original aluminum enclosure and have not had any cracking issues whatsoever.

I'd say its pretty safe to assume they're going to upgrade the processor (with Google's phone sporting 1 GHz, not doing so would ruin Apple [as far as mobile phones go anyway]) and the same goes with the screen. But for some reason, people are already clamoring for flash and multi-tasking and when Apple doesn't deliver this place is going to be in an uproar.

23. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

People on here get in an uproar regardless on unveiling/release date. They will be saying "Where is the Blueray on my iPhone!"

24. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

This is true.

It's shocking that people still expect so much of Apple. It'll be near impossible for them to produce the wow factor they had with the initial iPhone release and that seems to be what people are hoping for each summer.

25. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

I hope the iphone 4G comes with:
    LED screen
    5 Mega pixel camera (cool camera tricka like Macro or black and white photo. Neat features like that:D)
    Video camera with a better quality picture.
    Email font or color font
    tethering
    color font fot text (yellow background is the ugly?:D)