new iPhone cant launch June 8th-11th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boxgamex, May 27, 2009.

1. boxgamex macrumors newbie

Not that the chances were high, but there is even more doubt that the new iPhone will come out between June 8th and 11th. I say this because I went to make a genius bar appointment today and noticed that my apple store will be closed for renovations the 1st-11th, and I doubt theyd launch a product this huge during something like that.

http://images.apple.com/retail/images/store_photos/photo_kenwood.jpg

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Maybe this is an excuse to change the layout of the store and get ready for all the new iPhone displays. ;)

3. SAG3194 macrumors 6502

SAG3194

No one said it's launching then. Nice try though ;)

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

So, one Apple Store is closed during its possible launch period, and they're going to hold off on the entire launch?

5. boxgamex thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, notice my preface. However, just like last year there are people on these boards who somehow think it could launch day and date, just trying to inform them ;)

6. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

They would not make the decision to wait to launch because of one store.....

Also those dates are when the new iPhone hardware will be announced, they will probably also tell us they date they will go for sale on.

7. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Yah they aren't releasing it on June 8th, just an announcement . I'm sure it's mid July. They have to build up hype.

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Late June or July on a Friday. Apple doesn't want it any other way.

9. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Just because it's one store doesn't mean they stop the show :rolleyes: but the iPhone is going to be announced June 8th and released mid july.

10. stateofmind macrumors regular

Or maybe, the store wouldnt renovate during a launch, so OP has a point.

11. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Didn't the main London branch get some renovation done last year, or was it prior to the original iPhone? Might be worth just finding out what the renovation is anyhow.

12. Barbs macrumors 6502

ding ding ding. We have a winner. ;)

13. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Precisely. Although I don't think for one second that the iPhone will launch on or even near June 8-11th, there's no way they'd launch it without even 1 of their stores not up and running.

On another note, one of my local Apple stores (Cambridgeside Galleria, Cambridge, MA) was closed for renovations from May 13-22. I don't how many stores around the country have been renovated, but I do find it convienent that they are being renovated now. At Cambridge, they changed the POS (Point of sale) registers from the front of the store to the back and some other changes around the store.

My thought? By changing the register from the front to the back of the store, Apple allows the line to flow better for iPhone 3rd Gen. purchases along with more display space and demo space. From the picture above, this store seems very similar to the Galleria's.

14. brian4610 macrumors regular

you purchased your phone at the register? when i bought mine, it was from a separate employee (there were actually 5 of them) who's only job was to ring up iphone customers. This was a month after the release.

I'm stating the obvious here, but it's clear the iphone isn't launching for AT LEAST a month. Last year, we heard of black out dates for AT&T employees a month before the release, and before that we saw iphone shortages, as apple was running out of iphones and not replacing them in their inventory due to the new release which was immanent.

I don't see how Apple will break from their schedule the last 2 years, late june/ early july for the iphone. It'll be announced at WWDC no question, then let the hype begin.

15. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

They just got done renovations to a store by me, I should go there to see how it looks now. It was close for 2 weeks and had a big deal re-opening it.

16. diemos macrumors 6502

it only means you will not get it till at least 11th, lol.

17. newConvert macrumors regular

Damn, I'm hoping it comes out before the 10th or so, as I have a 3 week trip I'll be going on and that would be reeeeaaaalllly nice to have the 32gig along with me. Crap. Oh well, i'm going to hope it comes out late June.

18. josh5183 macrumors newbie

My guess is July 10th.

- Won't be July 3rd because of independence day
    - the 3G was launched the 11th (closest Friday last year)

19. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Woodfield? I don't recall a big re-opening event.

20. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

21. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

June 12th is a Sunday :confused:

22. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

This is some of the more egocentric logic I've seen in a while...

23. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

I know, I was just making a baseless speculation based on the posted image and typical rumor logic.

24. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I don't know if they did, one of the Apple people in there said they would.

25. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Off topic, but when they build a new or renovate an Apple store, so they use the silverish front or the black one? The store I go to has a black front and it looks better than the silver ones.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]