New iPhone in September?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lambros, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Lambros macrumors regular

So with the possibility of a new iPod event in September, I guess some have thought that there may be a new iPhone in September. The thing that got me thinking was: why is Apple ending the case program in September? What are they planning?

2. MacJones macrumors 6502

3. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

4. Lambros thread starter macrumors regular

Then why the ending of the case program?

5. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

That case thing was a limited time offer only

6. Lambros thread starter macrumors regular

Still doesnt explain why theyre ending it...it is still technically a faulty product.

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Steve Jobs said there were not enough Bumpers to go around, that was said at the launch event. They may just stick them in with the September batch of iPhone 4s and have it where you can just buy the nice colored ones in store/online.

It's also maybe because they don't want people to buy an iPhone, get the case, then return it, then sell the case off.

I'm pretty sure it's just because the problem should be fixed by then.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

They didn't state that the case program was ending. They said they'd decide what to do at the end of September or something to that effect

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

A product with a life of 3 months? No way in hell is that gonna happen.
    The iPhone 5 will be announced in June 2011 at WWDC.

10. Lambros thread starter macrumors regular

Not even a minor update?? Maybe to the material of the antenna or something?

11. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

They may add a coating to the antenna, but that would be all. Still, I doubt that.

12. Lambros thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome! Appreciate it all.

So I dont have to open another thread, anyone recommend a good case in particular?

13. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I like the bumper. It has all the buttons/dock/headphones/etc things on it. Doesn't cover the face or back, but it doesn't stop you from sticking additional stuff yourself.

14. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Faulty product? Millions and millions are buying this very same phone every week. Apple are selling them as fast as they can make them. It wouldn't sell a single unit if it is faulty. I have one and don't have a single issue.

In strong signal areas it is near impossible to get the signal to drop a single bar when INTENTIONALLY doing a death grip. In areas with 3 bars or so, again, intentionally trying to death grip it will result in it dropping two bars (but never to the point of no service). In normal usage, I have ZERO problems. And millions out there too. It is a non issue really that was blown out of proportion.

Apple are ending the program by the end of september because by that time plenty of cases will be available.

15. edk99 macrumors 6502a

They are ending it at the end of September because it is the end of their fiscal year.

There is no way on earth they are coming out with a new phone in September. They might of or already have made a small tweak in the internals to reduce the signal loss issue but they will not announce that.

This is a purely a money issue and the end of Apple's fiscal year at the end of September.

16. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

WOW :eek::eek::eek: Whatever you are smoking is even better than the dude with the Verizon iPhone release dates...can I have some? I'll pay for it.

17. geko29 macrumors 6502

^^This. They are going to decide sometime in September if they want to continue the case write-down into a new fiscal year, because it has consequences for revenues/profits, which affects guidance, and is important to investors.

18. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

I could have sworn we had a thread about this already. Apple may start including the bumper in the box starting September. If anything changes, it may be the box and how its configured. Thats my guess at least.

19. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

They will probably include a new cheaper case in every iPhone 4 box after the September cutoff.

20. mark34 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

my faulty iPhone 4 has at least as good reception as any other phone, iphone or otherwise, that I have owned.

21. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

another "new iphone in sept" thread. I see this every single year with people asking about new iphones during events for ipods or new macs during events for the iphone. its ending in sept because they're not going to be giving it out indefinitely. sometimes, a turd is just a turd, nothing more, so please stop reading into things that aren't there.

22. seanuhthin macrumors member

seanuhthin

I'm just a teen with low wage! I can't keep up with weekly phone hardware updates!!!! MY BUDGET WON'T SUPPORT MY NEED TO UPDATE MY APPLE PRODUCTS WEEKLY AGGGHHH:eek:

23. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

i have heard that they are going to put a bumper in with the iphone after september

24. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the possibility of an iPod event is not something that popped up from nowhere it happens every year just like the iphone event.

if you had seen the antenna keynote they said back then that end of september they will be reassessing the antenna issue.... hence free case offer ends september