New iPhone internal FM transmitter APP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ILOVEMYMBP2.2g, Jul 6, 2009.

1. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

Hey fellow iphone lovers,

Can anyone help me out and let me know if there is an iphone app to let you broadcast your iphone music to your fm stereo or will be in the future. You know, like that iTrip thing. Please respond to this if you know or want one cause I think that it would be awesome to have that and I would def pay 10 bucks to get it!

Thanks,
    Pace

2. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g thread starter macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

I dont see???

I dont see what you want me to look at that answers my question???

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

He's saying that you posted this question in the wrong category, as we have an App Store sub-forum for this kind of stuff.

5. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

How will it transmit an FM signal without any hardware? :confused:

Now that Apple have let the devs use the dock connector for accessories i guess there could be a hardware solution developed which could interact with an app from the app store.

6. ILOVEMYMBP2.2g thread starter macrumors regular

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

OH, I thought it did!

oh ok, i thought that they said that it was the same chip that let the compass work in the iPhone, so i thought that it already had the hardware to work!

7. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

8. cmaier macrumors G3

and apple decided that rather than take advantage of it, it would just provide an API for third-party folks to do it and make some free money.

9. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Hey hey, I agree with most of that, but just think about bluetooth
    Also, the app store is basically apple asking developers to make money for themeselves

10. dancavallaro macrumors regular

Yeah, it's a little known fact that you can harness the magnetic properties of a compass to broadcast radio signals in the 100 MHz range.

WTF :confused:

11. cmaier macrumors G3

Right. It's exactly the same because Apple added bluetooth, a screen, multitouch, RAM, and flash and didn't use any of that for its own apps, but instead relies entirely on third parties to make use of that hardware.

12. firewalled macrumors newbie

Just buy the MOTOROLA T501 Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone with Digital FM Transmitter (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875982182) it works well and does what you are asking!

13. Xorro macrumors regular

Xorro

So, is there an FM transmitter app or not, or am I missing the joke?

14. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

No. Just a misleading thread title.

15. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

As a matter of fact, it's the 802.11g/Bluetooth combo chip that also has an FM tuner (and possibly a transmitter) built-in.

However, there has been no evidence to date to suggest that the necessary internal antenna connections have been made in the iPhone which would be needed to allow that hardware to actually work.

16. Stunod7 macrumors member

Stunod7

What about toaster control? Or will I still have to use my primitive fingers to do that?

17. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

All you need is a "universal bluetooth stereo receiver."

That will receive bluetooth signal the sam way wireless headphones do, and provide a line in to your stereo.

The iPhone with 3.0 software broadcasts A2DP stereo music over bluetooth, so this is now possible.

There you go.

18. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Why the recent influx of snarky answers on here? The new iPhone is out and now suddenly everyone thinks they know everything? Why can't people just answer a question rather than jump down someone's throat acting like they are idiots. Some people here (myself not included) do not spend 98 percent of their day researching every single little feature of the iPhone, therefore do not know some things some of you think are common knowledge. Biting people's heads off for asking simple questions is not very welcoming to new visitors.

19. cmaier macrumors G3

Because people need to learn to take a little bit of responsibility on their own. For example, if it's a question, don't make the thread title a statement, and then follow it in exclamation points. And if the poster can't be bothered to post the question in the proper forum, why should anyone be bothered to answer it without snide remarks? If people put a little bit of effort into their questions so as to indicate they actually put some thought into the question, they actually tried to find the answer themselves, and they are sincerely seeking help, people would be a lot less snarky.

20. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

OP, it would be very kind of you to change your exclaimation points to question marks in your thread title... Thanks.

21. payup macrumors member

I remember there being a rumor that 3gs is supposed to have a built in FM adapter...

rumors = bad;
    if (rumors){
    people="confused";
    if (people=="confused"){
    return "threads like this one";​
    }​
    }

22. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I think you need to change your code to: :)

rumors = "bad";
    if (rumors=="bad"){
    people="confused";
    if (people=="confused"){
    return "threads like this one";​
    }​
    }

Unless you just wanted the threads not to happen. :)

Oh, and OP, please change the title to a question mark at the end. Your title is very deceiving.

23. labman macrumors 604

labman

personly

Wunder Radio closest I have found. Tons of Radio Stations on it it was a expensive app but worth it IMO

Wunder Radio

24. cmaier macrumors G3

No, that would be a radio RECEIVER app, not a radio TRANSMITTER app.