Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
niiice...
i've been listening to that album a decent amount since i got it on tuesday. :D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I still think these silhouette ads are a bit long in the tooth now, but they are so iconic now that Apple would probably be silly to veer too far away from them.

Nothing really new, other than the backdrop effects, but a decent ad overall. At the end of the day though, not my cup of tea. :cool:

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Bloody Wolfmother!!

So over-played and over-rated!! Argh!! Reminds me of Jet, OK so maybe you guys in the states haven't heard of Wolfmother but geeze I'm dead-set sick of them.

Fredo Viola

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2003
love it

I am not wild about the song, but it is what it is, and the graphics are awesome. I love the flower opening. And the flames that fly out of the guitar when he breaks it. Also the trippy offsetting of the silhouette. It's a really well constructed piece. Very fresh.

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
Same old film techniques, but still quite effective. Wolfmother are a good band I think, but that song wasn't their best.

And what about the poor guitar :eek:

iMarley

macrumors member
May 5, 2006
Atlanta
I dig the new backround effects. And I like some of Wolfmother's music, but they could have picked a better song.

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
Rocketman said:
Between this iPod ad and the mac ads I would have to say Steve Jobs is a college student with issues of repulsion against the establishment.

Or something.

Rocketman
Maybe he's living out his college days now!

There's not much time to college it out and gain the freshman 15 when you take college for three weeks then drop out... :)

Well, unless your diet consists of McDonald's.

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Chundles said:
Bloody Wolfmother!!

So over-played and over-rated!! Argh!! Reminds me of Jet, OK so maybe you guys in the states haven't heard of Wolfmother but geeze I'm dead-set sick of them.

I'm up in Canada and the only place I've heard them is on Sirius satellite radio (US version). It's always interesting though to hear people's opinions of music from their own country as compared to other countries. (ie for me, Three Days Grace, Nickelback, Sum 41, Avril Lavigne). I do like them though, I picked up the album this week and it's pretty enjoyable. I did't really see too many similarities with Jet, but now that you've mentioned it I can notice a few...

Perhaps I just haven't been watching enough tv (any at all) in a while... but... Da** they've got advertizing down to an art. Total visual pleasure, great choreography (in that it's totally in sync and looks totally unchoreographed), way more hip than anything out there. I would've prefered wolf parade to wolfmother, but whatever.

Stinkythe1

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
The silouette ads could make a cool itunes visualization, to where the silouettes dance to whatever music you have playing.

Dunno how it would be done, or if it would even be practical, but I'd like to see it.

cazlar

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Sydney, Australia
Hmm, I just realised that this song is only on the US/UK versions of the album, not the Australian ones. Seems it was originally a B-side with one of the singles. In fact, looking at the track listing on their site, it seems as if the whole disk has been rearranged. Strange.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
I really liked the ad, both the music and the visuals. I've never heard of Wolfmother. I might just have to check them out.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Stinkythe1 said:
The silouette ads could make a cool itunes visualization, to where the silouettes dance to whatever music you have playing.

Dunno how it would be done, or if it would even be practical, but I'd like to see it.

That's a great idea! You can submit your idea to Apple Here

Programmers are you listening?

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
JonHimself said:
I'm up in Canada and the only place I've heard them is on Sirius satellite radio (US version). It's always interesting though to hear people's opinions of music from their own country as compared to other countries. (ie for me, Three Days Grace, Nickelback, Sum 41, Avril Lavigne). I do like them though, I picked up the album this week and it's pretty enjoyable. I did't really see too many similarities with Jet, but now that you've mentioned it I can notice a few...
I'm from Oz and I love wolfmother :). Sure they are getting overplayed to the nth degree on commercial stations here but it's hardly the band's fault. My impression (from interviews) is that they seem like a fairly modest bunch of guys that are a bit awkward with success.

Those who don't like the song much check out Mind's Eye, Woman, or White Unicorn. It'll give you a context for where the song is coming from.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
The iPod seems to be more in your face in this advert than in previous ones. Maybe it's just me but I'm sure that most adverts are more subtle than this with regards to how much of the ipod you see and how often you see it. Obviously the headphones are ever present but the little box of tricks is normally tucked away.

Not mad keen on the song, prefer Jet!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.