Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OnlyOneThatEver

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Mary J. Blige is filming ANOTHER secret new ad for iPod and iPhone, here's some set pics and the official link.
http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/31...ial__and_we_aint_too_sure_about_the_look.html

1236260391aryipod3.jpg

GCmini

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Chino Hills
there's an Apple HARDWARE event on March 24

itwpuld be pretty cool if they did. But iPhones are still selling at apple. If it was really gonna happen there would be more people knowing about it. And iPhones would cease to sell until then. I think it's gonna wait till June. That's when the last 2 were announced. :) all I know is I have a 400$ reserve saved up. Just incase. :) I'll be in line the moment I hear it's confirmed. :)

OnlyOneThatEver

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
is everyone forgetting that Mary J. Blige IS filming an iPhone and iPod ad. Obviously it isn't known for sure when new iPods and iPhone's are coming, but it must be soon if Apple is already filming an ad.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
is everyone forgetting that Mary J. Blige IS filming an iPhone and iPod ad. Obviously it isn't known for sure when new iPods and iPhone's are coming, but it must be soon if Apple is already filming an ad.

Well, this is March. There will be an iPhone update in three months.

Apple is NOT going to bump the capacity just to sell them for only TWO months.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007

So now the "24th" is now soon...

I would not be surprised to see one "soon" but the 24th is not a confirmed date. Just a rumor.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
And so the March 24th is just made up by you, correct?
No! There isn't! Have you even BEEN to the Apple site in the last two days? My goodness, it already HAPPENED.
Well, this is March. There will be an iPhone update in three months.

Apple is NOT going to bump the capacity just to sell them for only TWO months.

Since YOU seem to know EVERYTHING, can you EXPLAIN why APPLE wouldn't sell them for only TWO months?

It isn't all that hard to increase capacity of the iPhone. It would be a fairly easy change for Apple to make to their manufacturing process. No redesigning needed--just using higher capacity memory.

Also, that memory would continue to be used probably on the next gen iPhone, so its not like they would be going way out of their way to find a manufacturer of memory that they would only use for two months. It would most likely continue to be used down the road.
:cool:

EDIT: Also, apple increased the memory in the iPhone last February. March wouldn't be too different. (Thats one months difference). I'm not saying for sure that there will be an event on March 24th. I'm just saying that you (Tallest Skil) shouldn't go around saying its impossible that Apple would ever update the iPhone in March.

syclick

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
There has only been one memory upgrade on the iPhone so far, so it could be anytime. Chances are the next memory/hardware/software upgrade will be in either June or July.

I agree it may not happen... However, the iPhone/iPod Touch upgrades are not guaranteed to happen on schedule either.

=MuLti-CeLL=

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
m0biLe
I tell ya the negativity of this forum is outstanding! It ceases to AMAZE even!

We are all anticipating what Apple will do next. We all "KNOW" (being Apple fans/followers) that no-one will know what's next until Apple allows us to see it for ourselves. That being said, this is a forum used for fun, discussion and...hang on to your seats for this one...s.p.e.c.u.l.a.t.i.o.n.

I think that is part of the fun is just guessing, speculating, discussing what will Apple give us next! But man, sometimes it's just humorous how much negativity is breeding out of this place.

A person can post an article they've dug up or post their thoughts on a subject and 9 times out of 10 the next 5-10 replies are childish/rollseyes/sarcastic smartass remarks.

How about, "Hey, thanks for the link but what I believe is..." or in this case...

Dear OP (from me):

Ya know, that could mean we could see something new in March but I don't really believe it myself but thanks for the tip. At least its something! I hate slow iPhone news weeks! :mad: (<<<oops negativity, don't take it the wrong way) :D

:end post

Just sayin' people. I've been a part of so many forums in the past 10 years or so and of all the 'tech' related sites, this one takes the cake for bad attitudes and just pure childish rudeness.

Peace.

Oh and OP. You diggin' you some celebrity news/gossip aren't you? :D

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Since YOU seem to know EVERYTHING, can you EXPLAIN why APPLE wouldn't sell them for only TWO months?

It isn't all that hard to increase capacity of the iPhone. It would be a fairly easy change for Apple to make to their manufacturing process. No redesigning needed--just using higher capacity memory.

Also, that memory would continue to be used probably on the next gen iPhone, so its not like they would be going way out of their way to find a manufacturer of memory that they would only use for two months. It would most likely continue to be used down the road.
:cool:

EDIT: Also, apple increased the memory in the iPhone last February. March wouldn't be too different. (Thats one months difference). I'm not saying for sure that there will be an event on March 24th. I'm just saying that you (Tallest Skil) shouldn't go around saying its impossible that Apple would ever update the iPhone in March.

The iPhone is reaching EOL for its current 1,2 model. If Apple was going to update it, it could have been at a point during February like last time. Doing one at the end of March is just illogical for them to do as they are going to be cutting down on production of the 1,2 model to start 2,1 model production. (Apple started having shortages around start of April for 1,1 model)

He is not certain of anything either, its just illogical for Apple to pull a stunt like this. More likely in June. Also, OP seems so positive and has references to old rumors. Quite frankly, Tallest Skill is right, he was right for the Mac Pro update specs.

OnlyOneThatEver

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
I tell ya the negativity of this forum is outstanding! It ceases to AMAZE even!

We are all anticipating what Apple will do next. We all "KNOW" (being Apple fans/followers) that no-one will know what's next until Apple allows us to see it for ourselves. That being said, this is a forum used for fun, discussion and...hang on to your seats for this one...s.p.e.c.u.l.a.t.i.o.n.

I think that is part of the fun is just guessing, speculating, discussing what will Apple give us next! But man, sometimes it's just humorous how much negativity is breeding out of this place.

A person can post an article they've dug up or post their thoughts on a subject and 9 times out of 10 the next 5-10 replies are childish/rollseyes/sarcastic smartass remarks.

How about, "Hey, thanks for the link but what I believe is..." or in this case...

Dear OP (from me):

Ya know, that could mean we could see something new in March but I don't really believe it myself but thanks for the tip. At least its something! I hate slow iPhone news weeks! :mad: (<<<oops negativity, don't take it the wrong way) :D

:end post

Just sayin' people. I've been a part of so many forums in the past 10 years or so and of all the 'tech' related sites, this one takes the cake for bad attitudes and just pure childish rudeness.

Peace.

Oh and OP. You diggin' you some celebrity news/gossip aren't you? :D

their just a bunch of haters with no life, their only life is in this forum. They say these rude and hateful comments on this forum, because they know they couldn't say these things to real people in real life without getting their likke white a** kicked.

Shackler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
behind you!
1. Mary j blige is filming an iPod commercial.
2. there was a rumored hardware event for the 24th
- lets the hardware part is wrong and there still is an Apple event
3. Apple wants to bumps the memory on the iPod and iPhone

All of this equals an Apple event that has 64GB iPods and 32GB iPhones...but wait...A new commercial.

Ask yourself. Does that warrant an Apple event. If we are going off the speculation that you stated it is definitely a no.

Lets say they announce 3.0 for kicks with a release in June/July because we all know they will stick to the product life cycle.
Who in there right mind would buy an iPod or iPhone when they have FACT that a new one will come in about 3-4 months times? No one.

I would put more faith in a Tablet on the 24th then an event for a memory bump.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.