Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brofski

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Agreed, Battlestar Galactica is the best current show on TV. The acting and character development far exceeds Lost... but I still think Lost is a quality show.

No, the writers did not take the dude coming out of the bathroom and decide to include it in writing the diamond episode lol. They don't write anything into the show unless they know how it resolves. The producers / writers have been saying this from day one. They write the show based on a project plan that divides the series into 6 seasons. The last 3 will only have 16 episodes in each so we won't see season #4 until early 2008.

Wie Gehts

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2007
Well, I guess you now apart of the cult. You are here right? Brain washed, can't get enough, ect. Have fun while it lasts, probably only till the end of the week. Then we resume meetings next season. See you then. :rolleyes:

Naw, I just check in here waiting for the day when I can buy a MBP that doesn't have poor screen quality , mobo/ firewire buss doesn't fry, overheat, battery problems, bad drives, cases coming apart..etc, etc and so on.

irbdavid

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2006
IMHO, a lot of TV shows these days are just going on too long. It's better that these things end on a high, than they get dragged on until the audience gets bored, plots get recycled, the writing goes down the tubes, the actors leave etc etc. Do people think that as soon as Lost finishes, there will never be a good show again? The people who were responsible for it will just go onto something else, that could be better, worse or equally good.

I could've been convinced to watch Lost now (I didn't see it when it first came out), if it'd been maybe 1, 2 seasons max.

Someone made a point earlier along the lines of 'shows that have good plots and story progression / continuity are more watchable'. Perhaps I can't comment on Lost, but it seems that it's gone from being a specific story to a rambling 'bunch of stuff that happened'.

The best series have a beginning, and a definite end. Band of Brother's anyone? X-Files went down the tubes after about the 3rd season...

But then, I'm here waiting on House season 4, Supernatural season 3 :D
Oh, and BSG too. That's rekindled my faith in Sci-Fi, after years of total crud on that front.

</Rant>

Trishul

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Sarasota, FL
i just wasted £4

really crappy game, zero challenge or fun, go from A to B, press button, spin wheel, that's it, this one slipped under the quality radar for the sake of promotion the finale this week.

don't buy this game unless you need all things lost in your life. :apple:

jasko

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
lmao at all these LOST haters!

Lost is the greatest show on TV right now. If you watched it in its entirety (all the seasons so far), you would appreciate it more.

I totally want this game!! (but prolly won't get it :x)

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
IMHO, a lot of TV shows these days are just going on too long. It's better that these things end on a high, than they get dragged on until the audience gets bored, plots get recycled, the writing goes down the tubes, the actors leave etc etc. Do people think that as soon as Lost finishes, there will never be a good show again? The people who were responsible for it will just go onto something else, that could be better, worse or equally good.

I could've been convinced to watch Lost now (I didn't see it when it first came out), if it'd been maybe 1, 2 seasons max.

Someone made a point earlier along the lines of 'shows that have good plots and story progression / continuity are more watchable'. Perhaps I can't comment on Lost, but it seems that it's gone from being a specific story to a rambling 'bunch of stuff that happened'.

The best series have a beginning, and a definite end. Band of Brother's anyone? X-Files went down the tubes after about the 3rd season...

But then, I'm here waiting on House season 4, Supernatural season 3 :D
Oh, and BSG too. That's rekindled my faith in Sci-Fi, after years of total crud on that front.

</Rant>

I agree, some shows aren't meant to go on and on. Some stories need an end. I think Lost has a planned end, and BSG too has a long-term vision with three more "chapters" planned in advance. It's possible the 3 "chapters" might get compressed into 2 seasons, but either way, BSG won't go on forever: it will tell its story and conclude it. Assuming it's not canceled :( But next year's season was just lengthened, so that's a good sign :) (Also, the Caprica spin-off might be good in its own way. Sounds interesting.)

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003

Why not? It's a great show to catch on DVD, either borrow it from someone or get it on netflix. It's absolutely a show with good story progression and very little rambling. Even the bits that seem like rambling usually have turned out to be important story points. I'd totally recommend it, it's way addictive and the last half of season 3 has been as good as anything they've done. And now that there's an end point, they can be more consistent in giving "answers" and not have to stall not knowing how long it would go on. It's great news that the show will have a definite end, and the writers know exactly when it will be.

majapapaya

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2007
Brooklyn
It cant go on for ever. No way, The story has to have an end...for Lost but o†hers it can it can exist. Just my thought.

majapapaya

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2007
Brooklyn
For those who have given up on Lost all I can say is... suckas! If you know anything about the show's producers / writers you will know that everything in the show can and will be explained and they mentioned they will prove they always knew the ending because there is a clue in the show's pilot episode. The show is well thought out but doesn't cater to the American Idol I Don't Like To Think Too Much crowd.

Now with that said, Twin Peaks was the best show on TV but Lost is up there somewhere.

And for those who are complaining about 3 more seasons just remember... each season is a chapter in the book and is why they divided it up that way. From a concept point of view it all makes sense.

Chapter 1: Theme and Characters established
Chapter 2: The Hatch
Chapter 3: The Others
Chapter 4: Jacob (the producers have admitted this already)
Chapter 5: ???
Chapter 6: ???
Twin Peaks: wholly ****! That episobe scared the **** out of me.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Agreed, Battlestar Galactica is the best current show on TV. The acting and character development far exceeds Lost... but I still think Lost is a quality show.

BSG and Lost both rule. I liked BSG better than Lost the first
couple of seasons, but BSG was pretty flat this season. Still
good, just not nearly as good as the first two seasons. Lost
sucked at the beginning but really picked up towards
the end of this season.

Gotta wait until 2008 for new BSG, Lost and 24 -
now that blows!

PS. Staying on topic - everyone knows that games based on tv and film suck - so you just know this Lost ipod game
is going to suck donkey balls.

zombitronic

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2007
What a great season finale. I usually don't like Jack's back stories, but they've been getting progressively darker, which helps. And the final twist on last night's 'back' story...brilliant.

On another note, why was one of my earlier posts deleted?! Can we not drop a censored/implied F bomb in the context of a mock movie quote? Cuz someone just posted 'suck donkey balls'. Oppressive bourgeoisie admins...

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Let's please try to stay on the topic of the game, folks. Referring to the show is fine, as long as you also stay on topic.

Soubirous

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2007
I LOVE the show, HATE the game.

If you consider following arrows for about 20 minutes loads of fun, well you'll really enjoy the game.

If you have never seen LOST, the game will be the most confusing game you have ever played: I guarantee it!

It was fun being able to play a game like that (having a little person that you move around, fighting boars, etc.) on my iPod, though.

Do people who purchased the game get free upgrades once the story on TV is released? So that we don't hurt ourselves for spending 6 bucks for about a half hour of a lousy game?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.