New iPod

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
who all has ordered it? what color? when do you expect to get it? yes i know steve said sometime next week but we all wish we could have it right now. most importantly what does everyone think of it?

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
davefan6435 said:
who all has ordered it? what color? when do you expect to get it? yes i know steve said sometime next week but we all wish we could have it right now. most importantly what does everyone think of it?
Ordered 60 GB white iPod today... they say it's supposed to ship in 5-7 business days. I opted for overnight shipping.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
clayj said:
Ordered 60 GB white iPod today... they say it's supposed to ship in 5-7 business days. I opted for overnight shipping.
Haha... you also got the nano the day of release, huh? Man am I jealous! :D

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
I've ordered the white 60GB model too, I didn't seem to get a choice of overnight shipping though so who knows when it will turn up!

Ships on or before the 21st then it says to allow up to 7 further days for delivery.

Isn't it nice to have a revolving Apple home page..!

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
I ordered a 60GB black one today. I really liked the Nano in black and I hope that I will like the black full size one as well.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
If the 30gb had the same battery life as the 60gb I might have bought one, but I just ordered myself a nano.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Chaszmyr said:
If the 30gb had the same battery life as the 60gb I might have bought one, but I just ordered myself a nano.
But I thought that the 30GB and the nano both have 14 hrs.

xyouxfailmiex

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2005
i JUST bought the regular 60 gig ipod photo 12 days ago...called the apple store told them i think i should be allowed to upgrade to the new one...they AGREED...i take my old( :confused: ) ipod back tomorow..get put on alist for when those new ones arrive(store says 4th week in OCT) ...glad i made the cut...if i wouldnt have been able to trade in i would have been a very pissed man

crazyjoeda

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2005
Vancouver
I think the new iPod is dope, I just hope they don't come out with a super awsome widescreen model in early 2006 like think secret says, all though they couldn't predict tomorow today.

Im not going to order one; I think ill go down to the states and avoid Apple's awful exchange rate (its should be $350cdn not $379 :mad: ) and hopfully Canada's sales tax its. :D

I can't decide if I wan't black or classic white.

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I ordered the 30GB one today. I went with the white one. I had it engraved, so it may take a little longer than everyone else. What did I have engraved?

"Here's to the crazy ones..."

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
I'm going to pay rent & eat this month thank you :p, so no new iPods for me.

The 60 GB black is looking real good for a holiday item though :)

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
tobefirst said:
I ordered the 30GB one today. I went with the white one. I had it engraved, so it may take a little longer than everyone else. What did I have engraved?

"Here's to the crazy ones..."
Creative :rolleyes:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I like the new ipod i'm debating between the white or black... i like the black but i'm worried about the scratches and also black? White is the classic ipod color.... so i'm unsure on what color and about the size, i want to see/hold the to, to see how much in size they actually are... numbers don't mean jack to me

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
puckhead193 said:
I like the new ipod i'm debating between the white or black... i like the black but i'm worried about the scratches and also black? White is the classic ipod color.... so i'm unsure on what color and about the size, i want to see/hold the to, to see how much in size they actually are... numbers don't mean jack to me
Same here. I'm thankful I resisted the sexiness that is the nano, and waited a bit. I'm definitely getting the video iPod. What color though, is the million-dollar question. I think the black one looks more sexy, but if it scratches as easily as the nano, then I might consider going white.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
xyouxfailmiex said:
i JUST bought the regular 60 gig ipod photo 12 days ago...called the apple store told them i think i should be allowed to upgrade to the new one...they AGREED...i take my old( :confused: ) ipod back tomorow..get put on alist for when those new ones arrive(store says 4th week in OCT) ...glad i made the cut...if i wouldnt have been able to trade in i would have been a very pissed man
I'm glad to hear that and i'm happy that you made the cut...

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I'm bummed they went back to the same sharp corners like the old 1G and 2G iPods. The new 5G will feel like s*** in your hands.

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
The edges look sharper, but the actual metal looks like it has more of a curve to it. Does anyone have the dimensions of the 3rd Gen iPod - I want to see how this new one will compare with my old one :)

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
kainjow said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know it's not all that creative, especially with the recent avatar thing. I wanted something that would be generic enough and yet still have some kind of significance. :)

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Lacero said:
I'm bummed they went back to the same sharp corners like the old 1G and 2G iPods. The new 5G will feel like s*** in your hands.
That was one of the first things I noticed about it. When I went from my 2nd gen to 3rd gen, that was a really nice subtle design improvement.

After thinking about it last night, I wonder if they had to do that becasue of the larger screen?